Sign in to follow this  
Painterspoon

Aurum Lenormand

Painterspoon

Hi everyone,

I think (hope) it is okay to post this here...

I just wanted to let you know about a collaborative Lenormand deck I completed with my teenage son. It's called the Aurum Lenormand. Together, we made a set of black and white illustrations, then added ink work. Finally (because "aurum" means "gold") we added gold detailing that will be printed as gold foil on the cards. It was a very special experience to be able to share a creative project with my talented son.

I am super excited about this deck. I set the Kickstarter really low so it has been funded at this point, and now I'm hoping to work towards a couple of stretch goals. I've set the pledge levels really low, so I think the deck with magnetic closure box, 80-page little white book, and gold foil details and edges are a good deal.

The deck contains an additional "Person" card for those who want a gender non-conforming option, which I thought was important. When I generate enough revenue from this deck to cover the costs of printing, I will be sending proceeds from the sale of the decks to the Marfan Foundation. My friend Amy is currently in hospital in an extended stay to monitor all of her complex, Marfan Syndrome-related issues. The child card in this deck is Amy's son Emmet. He had a 50/50 chance of being born with the disorder, and as it turns out, he too has Marfan Syndrome and has already had multiple life-saving surgeries. It is my hope to be able to pay it forward to this little understood set of connective tissue disorders, and I hope to be able to do that with this deck.

Thank you so much for taking a look, and for your backing consideration.

~Melissa xx

Saturn Celeste
2 hours ago, Painterspoon said:

I think (hope) it is okay to post this here...

It certainly is the right place and you have enough posts to do it! :azn:

Painterspoon

Excited to mention that I'm in the home stretch now and offering a stretch goal. If I can reach it, everyone will get double their rewards.

The deck has gone to print. Super excited 🙂

Thanks for your consideration!

~Melissa xx

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.