Jump to content
Starlight

4 of Swords - Archetypes?

Recommended Posts

Starlight

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for some help identifying archetypal figures that would relate to the 4 of Swords.

 

I'm interpreting the 4S as someone who understands the importance of life but isn't hung up on it. Someone zen, or with a taoist outlook.

 

Thank you. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arch

@Starlight

 

swords_04.png

 

An archetypal figure to a specific pip?

Then you link it to Taoism and Zen!

Hmm...

 

I sort of see the archetype of the bureaucrat, creating stagnation with his meaning.

 

Bureaucrat.png&f=1&nofb=1

 

Of course I can see some other energies in the card.

That just came to mind first.

 

The hero resting on his laurels after hard work also comes to mind.

Probably more zen than the first one who tend to be stressful.

 

angif-rest-on-your-laurels.gif&f=1&nofb=

 

I can also clearly see the burnout there.

 

th?id=OIP.7nle8tAGIfH0jAqysKAbrAHaGd%26p

 

Hope that is helpful! 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arch

Quite an agreeable story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starlight
17 hours ago, Arch said:

I sort of see the archetype of the bureaucrat, creating stagnation with his meaning.

 

Bureaucrat.png&f=1&nofb=1

 

Of course I can see some other energies in the card.

That just came to mind first.

This strikes me as the shadow side of the 4S. I can relate! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starlight
17 hours ago, Arch said:

I can also clearly see the burnout there.

 

th?id=OIP.7nle8tAGIfH0jAqysKAbrAHaGd%26p

I can relate to this as well. Another shadow aspect. Perhaps Bureaucrat above leads to Burnout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starlight

And that's why a more taoist approach in the 4S can be so useful. It allows all that the 4S is to be, but doesn't become invested in either side of the coin. It walks a balanced path.

 

"Taoism teaches peace is the true warrior’s path. The sword while an option is never used with anger or you have lost from the start."

 

"The Warrior-Poet learns to develop the mind and the body as one, using each to guide the other. The Warrior-Poet is also a spiritual warrior."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arch
1 hour ago, Starlight said:

And that's why a more taoist approach in the 4S can be so useful. It allows all that the 4S is to be, but doesn't become invested in either side of the coin. It walks a balanced path.

 

Yeah there is potential for balance on many levels when one apply the Taoist philosophy.

 

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

 

"Taoism teaches peace is the true warrior’s path. The sword while an option is never used with anger or you have lost from the start."

 

"The Warrior-Poet learns to develop the mind and the body as one, using each to guide the other. The Warrior-Poet is also a spiritual warrior."

 

Warrior Poet, that is interesting from an archetypal standpoint, it is two opposing archetypes merged into one.

That gave me some new thoughts.

 

Also reminded me of a certain character from a game.

Lord Vivec the warrior poet of Morrowind!

According to lore, he was an ordinary elf that ascended to Godhood.

 

350?cb=20170531034101&f=1&nofb=1

 

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

This strikes me as the shadow side of the 4S. I can relate! 🙂

 

Yes all the cards have shadows, though the shadow one can see is a projection of ones own.

Some people will hold that same archetype up to be the light, and will view the resting warrior as the shadow.

 

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I can relate to this as well. Another shadow aspect. Perhaps Bureaucrat above leads to Burnout?

 

It could, especially for those that make that connection. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.