Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 125 : November 30 - December 6

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Ananda Tarot &  Twin Tarot Oracle

2. Mi-shell - Soprafino Deck

3. Bodhiseed - Hezicos Tarot & the Way of the Horse Oracle

4. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Stolen Child Tarot

5. Amberjune - Eight Coins Tarot & the Oracle of Echoes

6.iMoodyCrab - Ethereal Visions Tarot Deck and Greek Mythology Reading Cards

(435)

Edited by VGimlet

Okay, this is the last time with these two decks.  I swear, LOL.    I did a little better, but not quite good enough.   Ananda and Twin Tarot Oracle

But, this is the last few days of NaNoWriMo, and I will probably be to 60,000 + words by then, which is good, and made a lot of progress on my novels.   I will be working this weekend, and next weekend is "Dig out the Pit that is the House"   and "Dog Spa" and "You are kidding me it's that close to Christmas I better get shopping" weekend.   But I should still have more time for tarot now.  

Plus I'm learning to sew.  At work, no less.   We have a Makerspace, and I'm learning the stuff in there, which includes my nemesis, sewing machines.   It's funny, I'm not worried about learning the laser cutter, the 3-D printer or any of the other stuff, but the sewing machines and sergers give me the cold chills.   LOL.  

Ok, Here it goes:

Soprafino Deck!

Here on the forums it a thread about, if your/ our grandmothers read the Tarot.

Well, as you see in my post, my maternal gran did. -at the turn of the "before last" century...

She had - for a good time of her reading carrier, an original Soprafino Tarot and....

I have written about the few thing I remember about the card interpretations and the "how" largely illiterate Gypsys like her used the cards.

All this stuff is "somewhere on AT" and now gone - 

I have it on my blog, but let's be honest, who is going to read that or even loooook there for that kind of stuff.

So katrinka encouraged me to get in gear and re- post it here.

That is, what I am dedicating this week to:)

@Mi-Shell, that is so nice that you have a tradition of card reading from your grandmother. 🌻

I'm in this week with the Hezicos Tarot paired with the Way of the Horse Oracle.

@VGimlet, you certainly have a lot going on! Hope you find some time to do what you want to do instead of just what you need to do. 💚

AJ-ish/Sharyn

Stolen Child tarot, which arrived in August, but I've been waiting on the book to be finished. Poor Monica Knighton, what a clear example of what all can go wrong with a crowdfunded deck. 

Thank you for opening the new thread, @VGimlet!

I love the Way of the Horse, @Bodhiseed, many of the horse stories that she shares in the book move me deeply.

My decks for the week are the Eight Coins Tarot by Lana Zellner and the Oracle of Echoes by Ana Cristina Tourian.

Happy week everyone!

This week I'll be using the Hezicos Tarot, created and self-published by Mary Griffin. Along with it, I'll be using the Way of the Horse, an oracle deck and book set created by Linda Kohanov with Kim McElroy and published by New World Library. The two cards drawn for today are the Knight of Rods and 'Out of Body:'

knt%2Brods.jpgout%2Bof%2Bbody.jpg

... we try to rise above the raw and messy side of our humanness before we have fully faced and made peace with it. ~John Welwood

Daring, impatient and adventurous all describe the Knight of Rods. He's the kind of guy that likes to leave a mark (burning rubber on the pavement), yet he prefers to keep going rather than hanging around. While his ambitious side is finely honed, his emotional maturity is a bit lacking. I'm convinced that some of his busyness and addiction to 'what's next' is a way to avoid dealing with the emotional challenges of being human. The Out of Body card shows glimpses of three horses in the clouds. It reminds me of the New Age term 'transcend,' which sounds lovely until I realize it's a nice word for 'avoid.' Life in this physical body and world is not meant to be transcended but engaged with, felt, and learned from. I can use meditation or other spiritual tools to hide from feelings I don't want to acknowledge or deal with, all the while patting myself on the back for being such a good person. But those feelings don't disappear because I ignore them. My well-being depends on my willingness to embrace them without the narrative story I've spun around them. Then, like the horse-shaped clouds, they'll eventually fade away.

My deck of choice this week: Ethereal Visions Tarot Deck by Matt Hughes (need to connect with this deck) and Greek Mythology Reading Cards by Alison Chester-Lambert (full on learn and research mode). 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

that does look like a meaty deck! in 2012 I studied mesoamerica, I think I had about 10 decks on the subject, way fun. 

Oh oh 😞

I am in trouble!

Big promise to work with my family deck - but NO time!

We are drowning in jewellery orders for X-mas and O have to rotate even faster than normal....

On top of that, lots of people are now suffering from SAD and so my phone rings.....

I think, I will have to abandon the Soprafino project for right now....  😞

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.