Cards On Their Own Houses?

Aaryn

Ever since I began reading my Lenormand spreads with houses, I've noticed that I have cards on their own houses, and frequently enough that it's caught my attention. Who else has seen this same situation pop up during their Lenormand readings? I've gotten "Rider" on its own house, "Clouds" on their own house, "Clover" on its own house and "Snake" on its own house.

I have some interpretations:

Rider + Rider = extremely fast moving news and a lot of it

Snake + Snake = ambitious deception 😬

Clouds + Clouds = a tremendous amount of confusion

Clover + Clover = super luck/risky opportunity/lucky opportunity

But I do want other thoughts on what it means to have a Lenormand card on its own house. Are cards on their own houses point to an issue that needs my attention immediately? Does the card on its own house make it the central issue of the spread? Is there any recommended reading available on this situation? 

DownUnderNZer
10 hours ago, Aaryn said:

Ever since I began reading my Lenormand spreads with houses, I've noticed that I have cards on their own houses, and frequently enough that it's caught my attention. Who else has seen this same situation pop up during their Lenormand readings? I've gotten "Rider" on its own house, "Clouds" on their own house, "Clover" on its own house and "Snake" on its own house.

But I do want other thoughts on what it means to have a Lenormand card on its own house. Are cards on their own houses point to an issue that needs my attention immediately? Does the card on its own house make it the central issue of the spread? Is there any recommended reading available on this situation? 

Double impact and also if something like Heart was on Heart or Ring was on Ring - the right place to be when it comes to a relationship.

DND 💓

3 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

Double impact and also if something like Heart was on Heart or Ring was on Ring - the right place to be when it comes to a relationship.

DND 💓

Makes sense to me - Scythe + Scythe = sudden death/sudden ending 

DownUnderNZer
3 hours ago, Aaryn said:

Makes sense to me - Scythe + Scythe = sudden death/sudden ending

I wouldnt see Scythe+Scythe as a death or ending. Sudden - yes most definitely but not a death or ending unless next to something like Coffin.

8 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

I wouldnt see Scythe+Scythe as a death or ending. Sudden - yes most definitely but not a death or ending unless next to something like Coffin.

Now that you mention it and now that I've gone back to my learning materials, "sudden death" really is too severe; however, "sudden reckoning," like something you'd see in the Tower in the RWS Tarot deck might be more accurate.

DownUnderNZer

On 12/8/2019 at 8:36 AM, Aaryn said:

These I would agree with on the most part in a general sense. But really it would depend on the question or focus area being looked at in the GT.

For example, if one was looking at a partner cheating then Snake+Snake could possibly be 100% about "infidelity"  or "another person" involved that is not the SO. However, it all depends on the flanking cards plus where it might lie in the GT as in Past, Present or Future. 

The whole spread needs to be looked at not just one position and some go for gold when they see the 🐍 yet may not be really seeing it in the right way. 

Clouds+Clouds

What if someone was looking at her/his partner and Alcoholism or Depression etc.

Would it really be tremendous confusion or more likely severe addiction/depression?

For me even if a House is on its own House it would depend on what is being looked at because it may fall on a House that might not be as important as some Houses or actually form part of the focus question/area.

But for someone that has being doing it for a short time - you are doing it better than some that have done it for some time. Some really struggle with it...

DND 💓

On 12/8/2019 at 8:36 AM, Aaryn said:

Not necessarily the Central issue, but it does have more of a profound impact or meaning.

If someone was asking about her/his partner then 💓 on 💓 would mean that her/his feelings for his/her SO are truly with that person and not elsewhere. The right place to be.

Kind of like that. 

DND 💓

10 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

These I would agree with on the most part in a general sense. But really it would depend on the question or focus area being looked at in the GT.

For example, if one was looking at a partner cheating then Snake+Snake could possibly be 100% about "infidelity"  or "another person" involved that is not the SO. However, it all depends on the flanking cards plus where it might lie in the GT as in Past, Present or Future. 

The whole spread needs to be looked at not just one position and some go for gold when they see the 🐍 yet may not be really seeing it in the right way. 

Clouds+Clouds

What if someone was looking at her/his partner and Alcoholism or Depression etc.

Would it really be tremendous confusion or more likely severe addiction/depression?

For me even if a House is on its own House it would depend on what is being looked at because it may fall on a House that might not be as important as some Houses or actually form part of the focus question/area.

But for someone that has being doing it for a short time - you are doing it better than some that have done it for some time. Some really struggle with it...

DND 💓

This makes sense to me; Snake doesn't have to mean deception at all, it can mean wisdom, and it could create the "ambitious wisdom" combination instead of the "ambitious deception" combination (I was doing a reading into my family - which is struggling with affairs right now - and the Snake + Snake = "ambitious deception" was the context around it). If I saw House + House with my family, I'd immediately say, "private family" (they are incredibly private people). Thank you for the compliment!

11 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

Not necessarily the Central issue, but it does have more of a profound impact or meaning.

If someone was asking about her/his partner then 💓 on 💓 would mean that her/his feelings for his/her SO are truly with that person and not elsewhere. The right place to be.

Kind of like that. 

DND 💓

Got it. So, how often have cards on their own houses come up for you?

DownUnderNZer
9 hours ago, Aaryn said:

This makes sense to me; Snake doesn't have to mean deception at all, it can mean wisdom, and it could create the "ambitious wisdom" combination instead of the "ambitious deception" combination (I was doing a reading into my family - which is struggling with affairs right now - and the Snake + Snake = "ambitious deception" was the context around it). If I saw House + House with my family, I'd immediately say, "private family" (they are incredibly private people). Thank you for the compliment!

Got it. So, how often have cards on their own houses come up for you?

It has happened, but have never kept written records. Probably should have over the years and especially when I was first learning.

Would have been good now to go back and compare etc.

I know different schools see certain cards in different ways at times, but that is a first for me with the snake being viewed as wisdom.

DND 

imo, ( which is unlearned , no big scholar but just imo). 

when I see a card on its house.. or doing a tarot reading where the cards falls naturally on its own order,, I look at it as a master number.  

to pay special attention too,,example doing a major arcana order and seeing devil in devil that means the meaning is more powerful at least to me.. 

so that is how I read the houses .. yet we can't forget the surrounding cards to give more bearing to the double card/house meaning. 

13 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

I know different schools see certain cards in different ways at times, but that is a first for me with the snake being viewed as wisdom.

The site I'm visiting to learn Lenormand is Labyrinthos (they also make the Seventh Sphere Lenormand I work so heavily with); their meanings for "Snake" include:

• Desire
  • Seduction
  • Deception
  • Craving
  • Attraction
  • Sexuality
  • Wisdom
  • Forbidden Knowledge

snake-lenormand-card-meanings-and-combinations-seventh-sphere-19_1024x1024.png.72f6ce7c95928d5587cfc23256dbe1dc.png

11 hours ago, HOLMES said:

when I see a card on its house.. or doing a tarot reading where the cards falls naturally on its own order,, I look at it as a master number.  

to pay special attention too,,example doing a major arcana order and seeing devil in devil that means the meaning is more powerful at least to me.. 

so that is how I read the houses .. yet we can't forget the surrounding cards to give more bearing to the double card/house meaning. 

Oh, that's a neat thing I'll remember - cards on their own houses as master numbers to keep an eye out for. Agreed; the meaning of the card on the house changes tremendously with the surrounding cards on their houses. I must say, I've gotten much, much more out of my daily Lenormand readings since I started reading with the houses. @DownUnderNZer, I also want to go back to my first Lenormand readings and see what houses were under the first layer of cards. 

DownUnderNZer
55 minutes ago, Aaryn said:

The site I'm visiting to learn Lenormand is Labyrinthos (they also make the Seventh Sphere Lenormand I work so heavily with); their meanings for "Snake" include:

• Desire
  • Seduction
  • Deception
  • Craving
  • Attraction
  • Sexuality
  • Wisdom
  • Forbidden Knowledge

snake-lenormand-card-meanings-and-combinations-seventh-sphere-19_1024x1024.png.72f6ce7c95928d5587cfc23256dbe1dc.png

Oh, that's a neat thing I'll remember - cards on their own houses as master numbers to keep an eye out for. Agreed; the meaning of the card on the house changes tremendously with the surrounding cards on their houses. I must say, I've gotten much, much more out of my daily Lenormand readings since I started reading with the houses. @DownUnderNZer, I also want to go back to my first Lenormand readings and see what houses were under the first layer of cards. 

@Aaryn 

Had a look at your link.

At least that blogger acknowledges how s/he came to wisdom and knowledge. I suppose it is like how Fox can be seen as clever.

To me Lily would be wisdom and knowledge.

There are really only seven negative cards in the Lenormand and the Snake is one of them. One of the not so pleasant cards to turn up when looking at a person. Eg Bipolar/Two Faced.

Forbidden knowledge though is  an A+.

Some see the Snake in the image of Snow White with porcelain skin and long black hair, but that is where it ends in similarities. Beneath the surface is a different story altogether and the personality type is not really to be trusted.

Online resources I am sure are valuable, but maybe they do not always explain everything in and out nor where something stems from. Eg French or German system.

It is good to have an understanding of what system you are learning when you are just starting to learn.