Tarotbot - a robot tarot

Nanook

I saw it yesterday. It's amazing. I think one of the best that I've seen for a long time. If I were a RWS reader, I'd probably use it as a main deck. It's fascinating. 

13 hours ago, Marigold said:

I saw it yesterday. It's amazing. I think one of the best that I've seen for a long time. If I were a RWS reader, I'd probably use it as a main deck. It's fascinating. 

agree! Best Robot tarot ever!;D can't wait to see it printed!;D

Yeah, I backed it too. There were enough cards where the artist brought something different to the table that I felt it was worth backing. Had it just been RWS images with robots and nothing new, I would've passed.

Interesting that this thread died - the deck was well received. He then went on to make another called Tarotbot Black, - essentially the same deck but all the borders are black, and a different back. I got that one and I really like it. Anyone else get this deck and have thoughts on it?

I like the Tarotbot Black! My first deck came with damage to back/front of cards that didn't correlate to the next card in the deck. The author/artist quickly replaced my faulty deck. Haven't had a chance yet to use it for any readings.

Usual issue. Comes from the US - not paying all that postage and fees. I'll see if anyone in the UK stocks his stuff....

I usually ask myself if I would buy the deck if the price were the price plus postage and fees and then I don't care which part of the price is fees, I would have bought it anyway at the higher price...The tarotbot stays well below 100EUR with fees and postage, so it was fine for me.

I backed and have Tarotbot Black!  I really like it! 

It has an all black two-part box with glossy name and design.  Backs are the same, and it has black borders and black edges.  It has 16 "bonus" cards, including "The Elder," "The Scarecrow," The Drowning Man," etc.  It's a RWS clone but not super-close.  It's also not very dystopian, and the robots seem mostly personable and friendly.

I used it as a deck of the week a while back when I got it.  I didn't really connect with it at that time, but maybe I need to work with it some more.  I'll let you know how that goes!

Hey @Rachelcat - I used it for a couple of reading last week and they went really well. It's a really intuitive deck. A LOT of parallels to RWS and the ones that  wander away are still super well thought out. I like it. It's not my "go to" deck at this point, but it is usable for sure. I'm still looking for the perfect deck for me, I don't know what that looks like, maybe Vinitski's Venetian Tarot. But for now, Tarotbot Black is in high rotation.

Would like to hear if you had any more luck with it. It's not for everyone, that's for sure.

Take care, stay safe,

Pierre

Hi!  I used it as a deck of the week again because of this thread.  I'm not sure if I connected with it enough again, but I do enjoy looking at it!  Maybe the third time will be the charm.  If you're interested, check out my readings with it in the deck of the week thread.