YOUR Decks of 2019!

Mi-Shell

While 2019 now slowly crawls to its demise, which decks did you acquire/ get, been gifted in 2019?

Older and trusted ones? Newly created ones? Coveted OOP ones?

Tarot 

Oracles

Playing cards

Lenormand

Lets list our decks of 2019, mention a few words of how  we fared with them - and compare notes:

So let me begin.

I did not buy or get many decks at all.

There just was the Stone Nature Deck by AR Stone, 

She tried to develop a brand new different Tarot system complete with extra Mayors and an extra suit.

All card names are in Gaelic  and all cards have vastly different meanings n from anything we know and are used to....

If you want to look over my shoulder, while I strugggggled to make sense with this deck over the summer, check here: 

My second Tarot deck of 2019 was/ is the Herbcrafter's Tarot by JPColbert and L.Guthrie.

I bought this one on the spur of the moment, knowing nothing about it - 

Well, I was very disappointed, that the images are all slightly "blurry"

One can see the objects on the cards, but the closer you looooook the more indistinct they get....

Asking the Artist about that - they said it is intentional - their art style.

So far I have not given up on the deck, I am VERY interested to work with the combinations of the Tarot with the Herb, the card features and its healing properties. "My Sacred Days of Yule" spread shows, what connections I  am making. 

A friend borrowed me her Shamanic Medicine Oracle Deck:

I took ONE looooook and fell in LOOOOOOVE!

It went right on my Winter Solstice wish list and now in our family Altar, where we keep all gifts until we have time to use them, is a little parcel ! I am looking forward to opening it. It will be a project for 2020

Also just unwrapped is a copy of the Light Seer's Tarot.

I have not yet worked with it, but I love the multicultural aspect of it and also the "no borders".

The card stock is great and come January I will have fun with it!

A gift earlier this year was the 3 D Birds Playing Cards 

They are plastic, and Oh my, are they ever slippery!

2, sometimes 3 Birds, sometimes even of different species appear on the card, depending at what angle you look at the card. 

once I got over the "feel" of the cards and they did not end up on the floor when I tried to shuffle them, I did daily card readings in the Deck of the Week thread..... it was fun!

🙂

I haven't bought any decks in 2019. None at all. Nothing. And I'm fine with it.

The only deck I thought about maybe looking into was a Little Prince deck I heard about through the grapevine.

I didn't but I'm may be, potentially, open to a link!

I'm actually surprised at the number of decks I bought this year, considering I was doing a Depth Year. That said, they were careful purchases and not spontaneous (not at the start of the year, anyway).

- The Deviant Moon (felt the need for a darker deck at the start of the year)

- CBD Tarot de Marseille (before the call to the TdM got strong. Must have had an inkling, even then)

-  Everyday Enchantment Tarot (because GORGEOUS!)

- Joie de Vivre tarot (inner child jumping up and down with excitement)

- Grimaud tarot (90th ann. ed.) (The call is strong)

- Burdel TdM mini (call is still strong and I wanted to compare 3 different TdM decks)

- Japaridze tarot (from the May giveaway; I was thrilled!)

- Inna Segal healing oracle deck (a present from a good friend. Beautiful artwork.)

- Harry Potter playing cards, just for the novelty. (Inexpensive, only the court cards have characters)

Edited by Starlight

I love that stone nature deck, and also ran through the thread from July, where you spoke about it more, Mi-Shell.  It is a very lovely deck, though I think if I were to buy it or receive it, I'd just read it more like an oracle, I think.  I'd see each animal more like one would see their power animal and what those animals could help us with.  I wouldn't want to spend the amount of time it would take trying to figure it out like you did, Mi-shell.  😁  You definitely have patience!  However, who knows...perhaps I would find myself doing just as you....anyway, I do love the artwork of the deck.

The Herbcrafter Tarot is interesting as well, as I am always interested in herbs and how to use them.  However, I have some herb cards (can't recall if they are oracles or tarot cards now) buried somewhere in my card closet--and I rarely use them....I did when I first got them and was thrilled w/learning about them, but I have enough herbal cards, books and magazines to last me now.  However, the cards are bright and appealing, I must say!  the Shamanic Medicine Oracle is another one that would fall in the same for me as the Herbcrafter.  Very interesting looking, but since I have many already that I rarely use (though I do pull them out more then the herbal ones), its one not for me.

I haven't ever heard of the Little Prince deck, either, DDwarks, and googled those images.  Lovely images on them as well.  The colors are very appealing as is the artwork.  This is one I will most likely be willing to purchase--one that I probably would use if I did....however, I keep telling myself that I have ENOUGH, and so I'll put this on my 'possibly buying' list.  ha!  I'm trying so hard not to acquire too much more in the way of cards, as we have downsized our home and my space is limited.  But this one truly does intrigue me! 🙂  

I have purchased a few decks this year....I ordered the Gypsy Oracle Cards, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0738713066/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  a lovely little deck--I do read with this deck, but not much and not for customers--only for myself and my husband.  I'm not quite use to it yet, and so still learning it.  I do love the deck, the images, the coloring.  Plus I felt it was a great deal on the price.  Lovely little card deck, really.    I also purchased the Russian Gypsy Fortune Deck as shown here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062508768/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this deck!!!!  It is fantastic!  A friend (also a tarot reader) came to visit me the day this deck arrived.  So, she was the first one to get a reading from it, (even before me!) and we laughed over what I read for her to come to be, but interestingly enough--the reading proved very accurate!  Shocking to us both, but there you go--and a GOOD prediction with this cards that she is now living.  I am really surprised at the accuracy to read these cards.  It has proven very accurate for myself as well.  However, I still haven't offered this for customers, as unfortunately, I have to use the book and its messages to give the answers to whom the reading is for.  I would never be able to read for a customer who is paying as a result, but that's okay--its a great deck for readings for myself and family or friends.  Been accurate over and over again.  It is quite the deck for me! 🙂  And, for this past Christmas, a dear friend of mine purchased the Crystal Wisdom Healing Oracle for me.  I've been playing with it since I opened it and it seems to give me good answers to the questions I pose.  I love the images and the the book that comes with it.  However, now it is making me want to invest more in crystals that I do not own and have popped up for me in my readings! 😜

Not much room for anymore crystals either.....but...........

Thank you all who shared your new decks!  I enjoyed checking them out!  And, I just thought, I have a good friend who is Irish and a tarot card reader.  She just may like this deck---so I may be investing in it as a gift for her birthday which is coming up soon....................

I bought more than I thought this year:

Tarot of  Musterberg - love the illustration style and soft colouring on this.

La Corte dei  Tarocchi - was on my wish list for a while. Absolutely stunning!

Stolen Child Tarot- Backed on Kickstarter. Loved the art and concept but not read with it much.

Dark Mansion - gorgeous art - not read with much. 

Minchiate Fiorentina - Constantini - bought this after seeing images from firecatpickles deck. Really gorgeous but not used too much this year. 

Tyldwick Tarot - another one which had been on my wish list for a long time. Bought this year as it became clear copies were running out due to the sad death of its creator. 

Pathwalker’s Patchwork Tarot (x2) - wanted to support a forum member in her charitable endeavour as well as get an eclectic mix of cards. 

Spirit Keeper’s Tarot - one of my stand-out decks this year. Used it extensively in the first half of the year. Well-crafted and deep.

Quareia - bought as became interested in the self-study course and found it useful as a companion deck to that. Another deck I wouldn’t be without. 

White Hare Wisdom Oracle - saw @Raggydoll use this one and loved its quirkiness. The art is lovely and it’s a well thought out deck. Gives great readings. 

Supra Oracle - beautifully produced but not felt the urge to use it at all since I got it. 

Tarot de Paris éditions SIVILIXI

Vieville Tarot éditions SIVILIXI

Got these two as part of my historical decks sub-collection. Not everyday reading decks but essential to me for reference. 

What’s become clear is that 2019 for me was very much a depth year in terms of consistent use. The Spirit Keeper and Quareia provided a study focus and held my interest. 

I have acquired many decks this year - and I’ve also sold several.

I am sure I’ll forget some but here are those that spring to mind

My most treasured purchases:

Inner compass oracle 

Shamanic medicine cards

Herbcrafters tarot

Sacred Heartsisters oracle

Celtic Shamans pack 

White hare wisdom cards

Mamanmiyuki

Decks I’ve bought but haven’t used (though I plan on using them):

Bird oracle

Supra oracle

Astrology Cards (I’m not sure if that’s the real title)

My “worst” purchases (they just aren’t for me and i am selling them or have already sold them) :

Cat tarot 

Moonchild tarot

Starchild tarot

Victorian faeries oracle

Animal totem tarot 

Decks I have used but that I’m still unsure about:

Light Seers tarot

Sacred stones oracle 

Fauna tarot 

Ive also sold about 13-14 decks but most of them was not acquired recently. And I have a couple of preloved decks arriving in the mail soon.

My crazy deck buying times are over, it seems, but I did buy some lovely deck and was gifted amazing decks. The stand-outs for me in 2019 were the Spirit Keeper's Tarot (a wonderful deck - Benebell Wen's spirit, brain and hands produce only exquisite things!) and the Carnival at the End of the World Tarot (a gift from a wonderful tarotista). Both decks come with fantastic books and are dream fulfillments

I bought Ethereal Visions which is lovely but doesn't add too much innovative tarot content, and had some other beautiful decks (Ukiyoe, Mamluk, Animal Totem) that I still have to dig into. I'm waiting for the Little Prince Tarot, I hope it will arrive tomorrow, my Xmas present for myself. But Spirit Keeper and Carnival at the End of the World - wow, the high points of my year. 

Only a few Tarot decks for me this year:

Next World

Divine Diversity

Darkness of Light

Tarot Grande Luxe (mass market)

Marchetti Tarot

Encore (C. Marchetti)

Herbcrafters

Light Seer's (mass market)

But I did acquire quite a few oracle decks - I am reading primarily with oracle decks at the moment:

Mystical Shaman (a 2019 New Year's gift from a dear friend)

Divine Feminine & Masculine Reunited

Divine Feminine

Gateway Oracle

Energy Oracle

Sacred Traveler

Spirit Animal Oracle

Saints & Mystics

And a few angel decks, since I joined Kyle Gray's Angel Tribe early in the year:

Angel Prayers

Keepers of the Light

Angels & Ancestors

Guardian Angel Reading Cards

Edited by Asher

I bought a lot of decks this year, partly because I got a mid-year raise and splurged a little, partly because i started to get way more into collecting. @Flaxen and i seem to have similar taste, haha. I really love most of the decks I bought! 

One thing that's a huge shift for me is that this year I actually bought more TdM and non-RWS decks than RWS decks. There is also probably a theme in here about buying a lot of great but difficult decks and then not having time to properly study them. Need to work on that.

Holy grails: I was lucky enough to get a few decks i considered un-gettable prior to this year, and i love them all.

• The Jugendstil Tarot: this is the deck my icon comes from! I love love love this major arcana deck and i think it was the first one i bought this year. 
  • The Tarot De Louttre B: I was thrilled to find a copy of this deck! I love how big and sturdy it is, i wasn't expecting that at all, what a delight.
  • The Minotarot. This is my tarot holy grail of holy grails, and I hope to treasure it always.
  • The Classic Crime Lenormand by Malpertuis. I made a whole thread about this deck when I got it; this was a Malpertuis lenormand deck that was never actually released to the general public; a copy just fell into my lap and i still can't believe it.

Grimaud Tarot Ancien, 1931 variant: I spent the last couple of months going on an obsessive hunt for an affordable copy of this deck variant in this exact shade of blue, and thanks to a very lovely vendor, I got it just in time for Christmas. It was a wonderful way to close out the year. <3333

Other favorite decks of the year:

• Dame Darcy Mermaid Tarot: i bought this deck on a whim and i was so surprised at how much i loved it. it's maybe my favorite deck of the year. its pastel colors and whimsical but vibrant imagery are so soothing and warm and fun.
  • The Dark Mansion Tarot:  in a first for me, i bought a second copy of this deck because i just really wanted the 2nd edition with the gorgeous card backs from the deluxe edition. This deck is so much fun! 
  • The Musterberg Tarot: I love this deck so so much! I didn't actually process until I'd owned it for a few days that it's a TdM-style deck because even the pips are so gorgeous it just feels totally unique in every way. 
  • Trionfi della Luna, 2nd edition: I just love this deck, and I can't believe there aren't more inventive, modern-but-traditional-riff variants on the TdM like this.
  • The Old Arabian Lenormand, The Silson Lenormand: I got a bunch of Malpertuis decks all at once and two of them are these stunning Lenormand decks. I love them so so much.

Other decks I've really enjoyed:

• The Tarot ng Daigdig sa Balintataw (“World inside the pupil of the eye”) by Lynyrd-Jim Narciso: I went on a hunt for rare Narcisco decks and got my hands on this one and i love it so much.
  • Ancient Minchiate Etruria: i love this deck and i hope that next year i get many more chances to use it.
  • Lubok / Russian Tarot: i'm very fond of this deck but i'm not sure I have found a way into it yet because the guidebook is also in Russian and i think i'm missing some of the folk references. need to use it more!
  • The Tyldwick Tarot: I got this with my other Malpertuis decks and it's just stunning, but it hasn't been that long since they arrived and i've been too distracted by the lenormand decks to really break it in. it's so gorgeous, though, gah.
  • Corte dei Tarocchi, which i've wanted for ages but have barely gotten a chance t really delve into yet. it's so lovely, though!
  • Healers of the Earth Oracle: I am not a big oracle fan but I find the imagery and card meanings and design just superb and inventive and wonderfully imaginative all around. Still can't believe this is all made from assorted stock photography; it really feels like a single-author deck.

Decks I'm still working on 😉

• The Deviant Moon Tarot, which was never my fave, but after i got the Trionfi della Luna it seemed like I needed to complete the set.
  • The Illuminated Tarot: Dark Crystal Rose edition, by Carol Herzer — i think this deck is just gorgeous but because it's a RWS clone i haven't used it as often as others.
  • Spooky Cat Tarot — this one is a lot of fun! but it's new so i haven't used it much yet
  • Tarocchi di Dario Fo: honestly this was high up on my wish list but there are aspects about it that really bother me, like the emphasis on nudity, and what feels like a thread of anti-Semitism!? This is probably wrong because surely they wouldn't give the nobel prize to an overt anti-Semite, but idk, weird juju from this deck!
  • The Claude Burdel TdM - I so wanted to love this deck but it's just not clicking with me yet despite the fact that it was the first TdM that really caught my eye. I actually might like its cousin a little better:
  • The Claude Rochias TdM - Something about the bold colors of this deck really appeals to me? But overall i am not getting much out of either of the Yves decks yet. I think because i need more TdM study.
  • The Sola Busca tarot - this is another recent purchase i still need to break in, it's so wild that i need to take some time to really study it.
  • The Tarot of the III Millennium - I love this deck in theory but in practice i need to spend a lot more time to figure out wtf its deal is! 😂
  • The Anthony Apesos Tarot: I backed this kickstarter on a whim because it wasn't very expensive and i like to support artists, but as tarot decks go, even though the artist said he spent years carefully designing every single tarot card, this deck just feels... barely like an oracle deck much less a tarot deck. The images are just too abstract for me to find workable in any direction, though the art is lovely. maybe I'll give it another try in the new year.
  • The Arthur Rackham Oracle, 1st edition: I think I could like this deck a lot if I spent more time with it.
  • Tarot of Shadows: I greatly wanted this deck but it's a little less appealing to me than I expected, I think because it's really an oracle deck doing its own thing. (And okay, maybe not as evil as I would have liked. 😂)

This year was really an adventure for me as I got deeper into the collector world, and I want to thank so many of you on the board who suggested decks to me and gave me advice and were just generally awesome! <3333333  Happy new year to all!

Edited by bookshop

I only (re-)discovered tarot in August of 2019, and a lot of time and purchases were based on finding out what I like to work with. My favorite decks are non-christian/pagan/nature themed:

- Druidcraft Tarot

- Wildwood Tarot

- Greenwood Tarot (DIY printed)

- Ostara Tarot

Hmmmmmmm Lets see what I purchased in 2019 ....

Gifted to me: these all have great sentimental value to me because they were gifts from dear friends.

Cat Tarot (LS) - need to explore this one further, a true guilty pleasure, love the colors and the art.  Love that they are based on movie stars, movie, comic and book characters.

Tarot of Mermaids (Leeza Robertson) - best mermaid tarot on the market in my opnion.  Really like this deck.

Spiritsong - have not yet spent any time with it.

Sacred India - need to make time to work with this deck in 2020, it is gorgeous.

Purchased:

Everyday Enchantment - Really like the bright colors and that it is contemporary, but I seem to always pass on using it for other decks.

Forest of Enchantment - purchased as a Yule present for myself so just now using it and I am loving it.  It has entered the ranks of my all time favorite decks.

Oracles Purchased:

Crystal Mandala Oracle - love the deck, though I found my own way of using it so don't really use the companion book.

Queen of the Moon Oracle - love, love, love this deck.  I use it mainly to follow the lunar cycle and as influences for my Lunar readings.

Crystal Keepers Oracle - loving this deck, just got it for myself for Yule so just now using it but loving it.

Edited by Jewel

fire cat pickles

I'm surprised I missed this! But I'm depressed and disappointed in myself that I bought so many... Bah!

Oracle of the Radiant Sun (2nd Ed.)
Trzes' Mamluk deck

Madru Das Baum-Tarot
Tarot de Marseille (Piatnik)
Ancient Italian Tarot
Ancient Tarot of Marseille (OOP)
Connolly Tarot (with book)
St. Jinx Arcana - The Divine Masculine XXX Edition + the St. Jinx Celestial Host XXX Expansion Pack 
Feng Shui Tarot