Raggydoll

The Work-In-Progress Thread

Day Soleil
8 hours ago, Starlight said:

And my completed card and card meanings are wending their way through the ether to the weareone email address!

6 of Earth completed!

1632507724_cardtemplate-forumsample2.jpg.ff259bfbfbad4d4adbd9cc918399fe17.jpg

I'm loving all the artwork everybody has been sharing. (Sorry I haven't commented on each one, but I do see them all and they're beautiful!)

This is fabulous! Not just the concept but the colors too. I feel uplifted just looking at it. I hope you do more cards for this deck!

Day Soleil
1 hour ago, Raggydoll said:

Well, who knows.. during a reading, she might! 😊

I just placed an order for more charcoal pens, erasers and paper stomps. I still have a pretty good stash of everything else. But I did treat myself to a new art portfolio. I have one in a3 but I have been wanting a smaller one so I purchased one in a4 size. I already had archival art sleeves so it didn’t end up that expensive. Since I plan on creating my own deck now, I will really need proper storage. 78 drawings will take up a bit of space 🙂

Really love the choice to give more of the figure on your amazing card. 

And I'm so glad you got yourself a portfolio for your own deck! That was one of the first things I did. It's really helpful to be able to flip through the actual drawings (mine are A3 size).

Raggydoll
2 minutes ago, Day Soleil said:

Really love the choice to give more of the figure on your amazing card. 

And I'm so glad you got yourself a portfolio for your own deck! That was one of the first things I did. It's really helpful to be able to flip through the actual drawings (mine are A3 size).

I would so love to flip through your portfolio 🥰 

I thought that it might be fun for my kids to one day have a portfolio with my original drawings to look at. Plus a portfolio keeps everything safe and organized. 

joy
10 hours ago, Starlight said:

And my completed card and card meanings are wending their way through the ether to the weareone email address!

6 of Earth completed!

1632507724_cardtemplate-forumsample2.jpg.ff259bfbfbad4d4adbd9cc918399fe17.jpg

I'm loving all the artwork everybody has been sharing. (Sorry I haven't commented on each one, but I do see them all and they're beautiful!)

Well done @Starlight love that card!

joy
6 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

Here’s what I’ll be doing to finalize my card. I am extending the art all the way down, so I have done a quick outline of her body and I will begin working on the details next. The background might need some tweaking too, once I’ve seen how everything comes together.

A04C17B2-CEF1-4175-865E-6777E32649C8.thumb.jpeg.f74cc8fcd2c187fe776201ddc257cd79.jpeg

She is so amazing!!! And of course you have to treat yourself to good tools/paper etc! And yes 78 cards will use a bit of space. Have you thought yet if you want to sell the originals once you are done?

Raggydoll
2 minutes ago, joy said:

She is so amazing!!! And of course you have to treat yourself to good tools/paper etc! And yes 78 cards will use a bit of space. Have you thought yet if you want to sell the originals once you are done?

Thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Sell? My first honest thought was “no...who would pay for that?” 🤣 But maybe someone would want one. I dunno. It haven’t even crossed my mind until now!

joy
1 minute ago, Raggydoll said:

Thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Sell? My first honest thought was “no...who would pay for that?” 🤣 But maybe someone would want one. I dunno. It haven’t even crossed my mind until now!

Yes sell! The Slow Tarot did that. They had an exhibition! And yes of course people want to buy the original art work!!! Or if you want to keep them for your children you could make prints 😉 I am so darn sure that your deck will be so strong! People will want bigger versions on their walls 😉❤️

Raggydoll
8 minutes ago, joy said:

Yes sell! The Slow Tarot did that. They had an exhibition! And yes of course people want to buy the original art work!!! Or if you want to keep them for your children you could make prints 😉 I am so darn sure that your deck will be so strong! People will want bigger versions on their walls 😉❤️

Well, I might make a limited set of prints of some of the cards. Maybe. If someone was interested. We shall see. 

joy
6 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

Well, I might make a limited set of prints of some of the cards. Maybe. If someone was interested. We shall see. 

😍

Wanderer

Just wanted to say hello and add appreciation to all the contributions in the last several pages! (Sorry for vanishing mid-conversation, but I've been distracted by what is happening to my friends in China, where I'm meant to be going in a few weeks for a three-month research trip...)

The cards are all wonderful, and it's the contrast in styles and approaches that will make this deck so interesting... Seriously impressed by how rapidly it's coming together now! :stick_amok: