Jump to content
Raggydoll

The Work-In-Progress Thread

Recommended Posts

joy
2 hours ago, Morsoth said:

The Magician is... finished! I might revise some stuff before submitting it, but this is how it should looks.

 

FYI: The books, the window, the legs of the table (all the things near the borders) aren't important. The Magician, the table, and the infinity symbol are the focus.

 

The Magician.png

 

Love that card! Well done, bravo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morsoth
Posted (edited)

Yes, -- the chakras -- I was to include them, but then it looks too overcharged! That's why the concepts are just concepts! The final works is similar to what I designed, but simpler. The lines/grids are still there taken into consideration, but I have left out the Chakras symbols!

 

Here more behind the scene stuff - the finished card with the sacred geometry behind it:

 

The Magician - Sacred Geometry.png

Edited by Morsoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

That's great. And I love the font thing - I've downloaded Glyphis now !

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starlight
Posted (edited)

I'm working on the longer text for The Sun for the forum. It'll be interesting to see how the text turns out, given the global situation at the moment which I can't help thinking is going to influence what I write.

 

Is anyone else finding that? The current climate is influencing how they see the cards?

Edited by Starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pen
26 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I'm working on the longer text for The Sun for the forum. It'll be interesting to see how the text turns out, given the global situation at the moment which I can't help thinking is going to influence what I write.

 

Is anyone else finding that? The current climate is influencing how they see the cards?

I find that everything seems to feed into creative stuff - sunlight through a leaf, the touch of a hand, the call of a Jaybird and, unfortunately, the less lovely things too. But The Sage is coming on slowly, the Sun is shining here (although the March wind is very cold), the Lovely Dog is almost ready for his walk and there are Things To Do. It's important to keep busy - for me at least.

 

But general influences are working and I've changed my profile pic., although I refuse to panic (chamomile tea helps muchly). We mustn't blame the Sun for the virus though - he/she is not to blame but will almost certainly help in overcoming it by raising spirits and general health and eventually (I hope) warming it away.  🙂 🌄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer
1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I'm working on the longer text for The Sun for the forum. It'll be interesting to see how the text turns out, given the global situation at the moment which I can't help thinking is going to influence what I write.

 

Is anyone else finding that? The current climate is influencing how they see the cards?

For me, not really, except in the way of providing context or examples that might alter what wording I use. The beauty of the Tarot is that it's the complete package: it can handle the times of peace and plenty, but also the times like these... so the meaning of The Sun is still the same for me, but the application of it will differ, in the same way that it always does. 

 

And yes, I'm taking the whole situation extremely seriously... I've been totally immersed in the virus situation from the beginning, when I was about to apply for a visa for my regular three-month China visit just as it was all blowing up. It's going to be a truly historic year, for ill and for good. As the Tarot tells us, nothing is ever totally black and white. Keep seeing the good things: the way that communities bond together, the way that we rethink our wasteful ways, the way we can come to better appreciate the simple pleasure of things we had taken for granted... it's all there if we look for it, and they're the same meanings to the cards, just being applied in a different way. 🌞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zedekiel
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! I was very slow to get a good chunk of work started on the Justice card because I had initially wanted to paint it! I spent a while with concepts and sketches, and eventually made the lineart on the canvas, but recent turn of global and personal events the last few weeks made painting so daunting I was procrastinating on it. Finally I realized that if I wanted to get this done in a timely, stress free, way, I needed to just cut my losses and do it digitally. It's much less stressful for me! So, I finished a concept/rough sketch today and will continuing working on this this week! I'm also ready to give updates as they come. I'm in awe of everyone's work! We're doing amazingly!

image.thumb.png.3dc26a1ad1c4821a379606b8ada2eecd.png

 

P.S. It's not the right size and placement right now because I decided to start right when the site went down so i didn't have access to the final image specs :bubble_blol: my luck! But, I'm a digital artist so I can fix this quite easily during the rest of the process

Edited by zedekiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pen

Your Justice looks fantastic, zedekiel! I didn't know the site had been down though.

 

I do wish there was a thread for all the completed images - there are not very many on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
16 minutes ago, Pen said:

Your Justice looks fantastic, zedekiel! I didn't know the site had been down though.

 

I do wish there was a thread for all the completed images - there are not very many on this one. 

The reason why there is no such thread is that many individuals do not wish to share their original drawings and/or they want their art to be a surprise. And we have honored that 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Czenzi

Some of you all are so creative. I like mine, but it just does not compare to some of these. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoxena
14 hours ago, zedekiel said:

So, I finished a concept/rough sketch today and will continuing working on this this week!

Wow!  May I ask what the ribs and cut-away torso represent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zedekiel
4 hours ago, geoxena said:

Wow!  May I ask what the ribs and cut-away torso represent?

I have been trying for a long time to understand Justice, both as a card and in our world. I came to a clear conclusion of just how much Justice reveals about human nature. All our thoughts and feelings become naked. Seen precisely and exactly for what they are. In serious court, every word you say matters, how you say it matters, the moment you cry, the moment you laugh. Every bit of you is out on display and any bit of it could turn tides one way or another. Because of that I wanted to show Justice transparent. You can see right through them to their heart.

I hope that makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zedekiel

and here's the lineart so far~ still working with the upper area of the frame. But im gonna start on the colours now and let more details come as I work on that.

 

also, thank you @Pen and @joy for your comments! @Pen I've been LOVING your elder cards btw!

@Czenzi i know the feeling! it is hard not to compare to everyone's amazing work! but that's exactly the thing - everyone has amazing work! for different reasons, but this deck has been made by so many people at so many different skill levels but who all share a love for Tarot! And that is the really cool part of it, the important part. That this deck and art was made of love (love with a sprinkle or two of frustration, that is :bubble_blol:)

 



 

justice tarot card lineart.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pen
1 hour ago, zedekiel said:

and here's the lineart so far~ still working with the upper area of the frame. But im gonna start on the colours now and let more details come as I work on that.

 

also, thank you @Pen and @joy for your comments! @Pen I've been LOVING your elder cards btw!

@Czenzi i know the feeling! it is hard not to compare to everyone's amazing work! but that's exactly the thing - everyone has amazing work! for different reasons, but this deck has been made by so many people at so many different skill levels but who all share a love for Tarot! And that is the really cool part of it, the important part. That this deck and art was made of love (love with a sprinkle or two of frustration, that is :bubble_blol:)

 



 

 

Looking forward to seeing how it develops, zedekiel - it's great when the painting starts telling you what to do! And thank you for the compliment 🌞 🌞 🌞

 

You're right about the important part - including the sprinkle or two of frustration...   🤹‍♀️ (this is me juggling with the elements!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory
On 3/25/2020 at 5:08 AM, zedekiel said:

I have been trying for a long time to understand Justice, both as a card and in our world. I came to a clear conclusion of just how much Justice reveals about human nature. All our thoughts and feelings become naked. Seen precisely and exactly for what they are. In serious court, every word you say matters, how you say it matters, the moment you cry, the moment you laugh. Every bit of you is out on display and any bit of it could turn tides one way or another. Because of that I wanted to show Justice transparent. You can see right through them to their heart.

I hope that makes sense!

That I get. But the hands puzzle me.... (I have a theory, but please tell us....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zedekiel
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gregory said:

That I get. But the hands puzzle me.... (I have a theory, but please tell us....)

Thank you for asking! I started thinking about the concept of Justice with the idea of "balance." And the first thing I think of when I think of "balance" is "As Above So Below". I believe in that mantra fiercely as it is true ive found for all aspects of life, physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and how they all flow, connect, and balance with each other.

It was also stated in certain biblical texts that god "gave Mercy with his right hand, and took Justice with his left". In the context of the Tarot Justice, mercy is an aspect of it for me. They are not separate, even though they are different. So I wanted to make sure the hands in this drawing were pulling up a visual of some kind of balance, while also being not being symmetrical. Being different, yet equal. This pose and hand position felt the best to convey all of that.

Here's also progress on the colouring now! (colours in the top left are the palette im using). I worked on it so much today my arm is aching :bubble_blol:

91089199_233168004541787_707849262938980

Edited by zedekiel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stephanelli

It's been a long time since I actually got round to doing anything with the Nurturer of Water, but I sat and painted her yesterday.  This is just a phone pic btw.

IMG_20200326_145038_7.thumb.jpg.8e5e055a7817047cb5023245b19c6782.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pen
6 hours ago, zedekiel said:

Thank you for asking! I started thinking about the concept of Justice with the idea of "balance." And the first thing I think of when I think of "balance" is "As Above So Below". I believe in that mantra fiercely as it is true ive found for all aspects of life, physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and how they all flow, connect, and balance with each other.

It was also stated in certain biblical texts that god "gave Mercy with his right hand, and took Justice with his left". In the context of the Tarot Justice, mercy is an aspect of it for me. They are not separate, even though they are different. So I wanted to make sure the hands in this drawing were pulling up a visual of some kind of balance, while also being not being symmetrical. Being different, yet equal. This pose and hand position felt the best to convey all of that.

Here's also progress on the colouring now! (colours in the top left are the palette im using). I worked on it so much today my arm is aching :bubble_blol:

 

It's amazing - love your concept, and the colours are deliciously startling yet harmonious - the style somehow leads one to expect a certain range of colours yet your palette is surprising and delightful. 🎇 😃 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pen
1 hour ago, stephanelli said:

It's been a long time since I actually got round to doing anything with the Nurturer of Water, but I sat and painted her yesterday.  This is just a phone pic btw.

 

She's lovely - so calm and peaceful. 💙 (blue as with deep tranquil water rather than sadness 🙂 ) 

 

And how funny that I feel I have to write a note explaining an emoji, but I guess these are strange times. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
1 hour ago, stephanelli said:

It's been a long time since I actually got round to doing anything with the Nurturer of Water, but I sat and painted her yesterday.  This is just a phone pic btw.

IMG_20200326_145038_7.thumb.jpg.8e5e055a7817047cb5023245b19c6782.jpg

She’s amazing 😍 I love the style so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stephanelli
40 minutes ago, Pen said:

 

She's lovely - so calm and peaceful. 💙 (blue as with deep tranquil water rather than sadness 🙂 ) 

 

And how funny that I feel I have to write a note explaining an emoji, but I guess these are strange times. 😊

Thank you, I get the 💙. Totally understand where you were coming from 🙂

34 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

She’s amazing 😍 I love the style so much! 

Thank you ❤️

This is pretty much my standard go-to style if I'm drawing people or animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory
8 hours ago, zedekiel said:

Thank you for asking! I started thinking about the concept of Justice with the idea of "balance." And the first thing I think of when I think of "balance" is "As Above So Below". I believe in that mantra fiercely as it is true i've found for all aspects of life, physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and how they all flow, connect, and balance with each other.

It was also stated in certain biblical texts that god "gave Mercy with his right hand, and took Justice with his left". In the context of the Tarot Justice, mercy is an aspect of it for me. They are not separate, even though they are different. So I wanted to make sure the hands in this drawing were pulling up a visual of some kind of balance, while also being not being symmetrical. Being different, yet equal. This pose and hand position felt the best to convey all of that.

Thank you - that is close to what I thought (the patronal blessing sign and with the other hand the patronal blessing sign reversed.), but not quite the same. May I suggest a small edit - I HOPE it's small - either lower or raise the left hand a bit - or, probably better and I suspect easier,  raise the line of the edge of the garment. At the moment it looks as if that hand is partly inside the clothing which is odd and a bit - suggestive. Not what you want, I think :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JeanetteBelle

Hello All!

Here is my 9 of Pentacles so far.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAD3usONUac/view
https://www.canva.com/design/DAD3usONUac/view?utm_content=DAD3usONUac&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

I hope that I am doing this correctly.

Thanks,

Jeanette Belle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

I've never seen one posted like that before - But I see your card - pretty :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.