Any other intuitive readers?

Arania

Cards move for me most of the time, and sometimes one cards tells a complete story. The fixed card meanings only rarely apply.

Who else reads them differently?

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Me three.

Yup, and you get bonus points for coming up with awesome things that we can do with our cards to evolve even further. 

@Arania If you haven’t checked out the ISG (Intuitive Study Group) that Gregory helps to run, then do!! Those exercises are so fun yet incredibly challenging. It’s like a gym class for the intuitive part of the brain! (Or wherever that darn intuition stem from. I say it’s NOT the pineal gland but hey, doesn’t really matter now does it! 😁)

1 minute ago, gregory said:

*cough* It is on hiatus til February, I believe, so don't look RIGHT NOW ! But yes, please join us.

People can always check out previous threads in the meantime  because this really is a different type of study group. I find that I need to really read the instructions to get it right. Everything gets turned upside down and inside out- but in a good way 😀

Just now, Caerrha said:

I would really love to learn this. But it seems so hard.

How did you practice this?

Do you mean how to evolve as a psychic/intuitive reader? I’ll let arania tell you how they did but I can tell you what worked best for me. I actually practiced readings without any tools! So I would make sure I first had a clear purpose (like a question or something I was trying to find out more about) and then I put myself in an altered state of mind. I would sit with a pen and paper in my hand, with my eyes closed and start writing down any thought or image that came to me. Soon it begun to feel like I wasn’t the one who was writing, and I could find details on the paper that I hadn’t registered with my mind. Once I got really good at that I then started doing mini sessions before most of my card readings. I did it to find out more about the reading and to also get inspiration on how to best design a spread for the reading. With time I started seeing flashes of memories and glimpses of the future. I sometimes also see spirits. So that’s the short version of how I did it. I’m sure there are many different ways to get to the same result but I do think that it matters what type of intuitive gifts you have to start out with. Not everyone sees visions and not everyone hears voices or words. So then they might have to use other techniques that better stimulate their gifts. Also, I think that while most (if not all) people are intuitive, not everyone is what we would call psychic. 

I'm an intuitive psychic reader also. So much so, that it is difficult for me to read the cards without using my intuition in some way or another. lol I'm currently trying to learn the traditional textbook meanings of the cards by just reading the cards based upon these meanings alone. But I just find myself having to do things over again because my intuition always finds a way to creep in. 

noiremisfortune
39 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm an intuitive psychic reader also. So much so, that it is difficult for me to read the cards without using my intuition in some way or another. lol I'm currently trying to learn the traditional textbook meanings of the cards by just reading the cards based upon these meanings alone. But I just find myself having to do things over again because my intuition always finds a way to creep in. 

I'm the same way, I had the hardest time getting past that and still do to be honest.

Just now, noiremisfortune said:

I'm the same way, I had the hardest time getting past that and still do to be honest.

I try so hard not to, but I just can't help it. I read playing cards intuitively as well.

noiremisfortune
Just now, Andy said:

I try so hard not to, but I just can't help it. I read playing cards intuitively as well.

Have you tried the Marseille deck yet? I think that might be a great fit for you

4 minutes ago, noiremisfortune said:

Have you tried the Marseille deck yet? I think that might be a great fit for you

No I haven't. I can't afford to buy another deck to be honest. 

I will say that I am a firm believer that whatever tool you use, you need to understand it 🙂. So traditional tarot meanings should definitely not be skipped. If you don't understand the more or less universal language of tarot symbolism then you will run into difficulties when you interact with other readers or when you have a client that has actually studied tarot themselves. The tool you use will give you the framework and your intuition will guide you and illustrate the layers that are at play. Another thing: if you intuition is very on point, then I would find it highly unlikely that you would struggle to fit traditional card meanings into your reading. Those should align, not contradict. I have had occasions where I the cards gave me answers to the questions asked, but then I had a vision that told me even more - and unexpected things - that would transpire. Those things were not implied in the cards but they were not contradicted. If you know from experience that your intuitive hits are highly accurate then you can certainly rely even more on intuition for your interpretations. But the legwork needs to be done first, at least with a tool like tarot. It comes with a lot of history and a lot of special context 🙂. Where I am at now, I do a lot of readings without tools and I also do a lot of readings with oracle cards. I like that those readings lack a firm framework and that it can take me anywhere. But it is more draining. 

Some people will be natural psychics. I have seen spirits and had psychic flashes since childhood so the gift in itself was nothing I practiced to get. However, I could not control it until I actually started doing regular exercises. Those exercises was what made me able to find out specific things and to provoke visions on purpose (previously they were very spontaneous and they could be very intimidating too). And the visions also got more clear with time. I used to struggle to know how they fit in or even who they referred to. I won't say that its crystal clear now, but over all it has greatly improved. Though I still sometimes find it difficult to know if what I am seeing is something from the past or something that is yet to happen. In those cases it helps tremendously to be able to talk to the sitter 😀    

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

You don't need more than one deck to improve your skills 🙂 Any deck will do! I had to work with a deck I did not like for the ten years when I first started out because I had great difficulties finding decks (there weren't any retailers in my area and internet shopping was not a thing). 

AND - there are LOADS of full decks legitimately on line.

3 hours ago, Andy said:

I tried to do it "properly" when several people told me how much I was MISSING. It slowed me down so much I got almost nothing.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

See above. There is also Orphalese: FREE with three decks; does the shuffling for you. Then you could find the card on one of the free sites.

http://www.orphalese.net

You can switch out decks, but the free version only allows three. I can let you have a Marseille for it, if you like; it comes with one - but no a very NICE one, to be honest, and not historical at all.

2 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

I will say that I am a firm believer that whatever tool you use, you need to understand it 🙂. So traditional tarot meanings should definitely not be skipped. If you don't understand the more or less universal language of tarot symbolism then you will run into difficulties when you interact with other readers or when you have a client that has actually studied tarot themselves. The tool you use will give you the framework and your intuition will guide you and illustrate the layers that are at play. Another thing: if you intuition is very on point, then I would find it highly unlikely that you would struggle to fit traditional card meanings into your reading. Those should align, not contradict. I have had occasions where I the cards gave me answers to the questions asked, but then I had a vision that told me even more - and unexpected things - that would transpire. Those things were not implied in the cards but they were not contradicted. If you know from experience that your intuitive hits are highly accurate then you can certainly rely even more on intuition for your interpretations. But the legwork needs to be done first, at least with a tool like tarot. It comes with a lot of history and a lot of special context 🙂. Where I am at now, I do a lot of readings without tools and I also do a lot of readings with oracle cards. I like that those readings lack a firm framework and that it can take me anywhere. But it is more draining. 

Some people will be natural psychics. I have seen spirits and had psychic flashes since childhood so the gift in itself was nothing I practiced to get. However, I could not control it until I actually started doing regular exercises. Those exercises was what made me able to find out specific things and to provoke visions on purpose (previously they were very spontaneous and they could be very intimidating too). And the visions also got more clear with time. I used to struggle to know how they fit in or even who they referred to. I won't say that its crystal clear now, but over all it has greatly improved. Though I still sometimes find it difficult to know if what I am seeing is something from the past or something that is yet to happen. In those cases it helps tremendously to be able to talk to the sitter 😀    

I whole-heartedly agree with you. 😊 That is why I've chosen to come here to learn. I'm sure I will eventually get the hang of it. But for now I really struggle. 

37 minutes ago, gregory said:

AND - there are LOADS of full decks legitimately on line.

I tried to do it "properly" when several people told me how much I was MISSING. It slowed me down so much I got almost nothing.

See above. There is also Orphalese: FREE with three decks; does the shuffling for you. Then you could find the card on one of the free sites.

http://www.orphalese.net

You can switch out decks, but the free version only allows three. I can let you have a Marseille for it, if you like; it comes with one - but no a very NICE one, to be honest, and not historical at all.

I'm doing well with the traditional Rider Waite Smith deck that I already have. @noiremisfortune was only curious if I had tried the marsielle deck because she feels it might be a better fit for me. But that's ok because I don't really need it because I'm ok with learning with the deck that I have. I also can't afford another either. But thank you for the suggestions. 😊

2 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

You don't need more than one deck to improve your skills 🙂 Any deck will do! I had to work with a deck I did not like for the ten years when I first started out because I had great difficulties finding decks (there weren't any retailers in my area and internet shopping was not a thing). 

I love my RWS deck. 😊 I know it will just take time for me to learn it.

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

I love my RWS deck. 😊 I know it will just take time for me to learn it.

Yeah, but you will have so much FUN while doing it!! 

dance feeling it GIF

On 1/15/2020 at 5:57 AM, Raggydoll said:

Yeah, but you will have so much FUN while doing it!! 

dance feeling it GIF

LOL!!!! That meme cracks me up. 🤣🤣🤣 And I know. 😊 Again, I agree with you. I'm actually already having fun with it. I'm just struggling a bit for the moment. I'm positive I'll get the hang of it.

Edited by Andy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.