More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

11 hours ago, Venus Rising said:

This one intrigued me, but I wish they would show more of the deck.

Agreed!

Another for consideration--I wish there were some better close-ups of the cards, but I like the artist's art in general. Maybe if she posts a few more...

Venus Rising
10 minutes ago, Niobium said:

Another for consideration--I wish there were some better close-ups of the cards, but I like the artist's art in general. Maybe if she posts a few more...

Thanks for posting this @Niobium ...while I am intrigued by the story behind the deck’s creation, I’m not sure how enamoured I am of the art.  Not sure that it’s my cup of tea.   I’m going to sit on it and see how I feel later on.  

Yeah, I had to sit on it for a while before I decided to back it. She may not reach the goal, that's a pretty big waterline to hit.

Meanwhile: another KS deck! This one falls under the 'cute' category:

I'm still deciding if I want to get it. I like the imagery a lot, they've put thought into it despite it being a cute-deck. 

Venus Rising
2 hours ago, Niobium said:

Yeah, I had to sit on it for a while before I decided to back it. She may not reach the goal, that's a pretty big waterline to hit.

Meanwhile: another KS deck! This one falls under the 'cute' category:

I'm still deciding if I want to get it. I like the imagery a lot, they've put thought into it despite it being a cute-deck. 

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw the amount they’re hoping to raise. I’ll wait a bit.  

I like this unicorn deck! It’s cute but has some substance to it.  I think I’d like this one better than say, the Kawaii tarot.  

I was part of a Kickstarter campaign a few months ago, but it was probably my last campaign there.

Actually I'm wondering how long it will take before they reduce the limit under which you are clear through customs; presently we still benefit from some "benefits" (small though) in my country in this matter, but I strongly suspect that this won't last (considering what happens in many other countries around). So my future purchases will likely be within Europe only (apart from some exceptions).

Edited by Decan

For anyone who missed out on the First Edition of Forager's Daughter Tarot, the artist is doing a second edition:

I asked her for a rundown of the edition differences, so we'll see if that pops up in the FAQ. This is a fantastic deck, I was incredibly impressed with how wonderful it turned out. Top notch.

Edit: And she got back to me right away to let me know this is really just a second printing, and not a new edition; there are typo fixes here and there, but otherwise it's the same deck. (I'm grabbing a copy to give as a gift.)

Edited by Niobium
Update

And another--an Oz Tarot, by the same person who did the Titanic Tarot.

I'm thinking about it. Though I'd rather nab a Blood Moon or a Bonestone instead. Hence only thinking.

On 6/29/2020 at 7:13 AM, Decan said:

I was part of a Kickstarter campaign a few months ago, but it was probably my last campaign there.

Actually I'm wondering how long it will take before they reduce the limit under which you are clear through customs; presently we still benefit from some "benefits" (small though) in my country in this matter, but I strongly suspect that this won't last (considering what happens in many other countries around). So my future purchases will likely be within Europe only (apart from some exceptions).

REDUCE ? Oh my GOD what a thought.

The UK has a £15 limit - INCLUDING POSTAGE AND PACKING (except on gifts). As postage on your average package from the US now kicks in around $24, that's - not viable. If they can mark it as a gift (technically a sin) it goes up to a whopping ( :lol: ) £39 - which still means no dice. One nice KS person takes the view that you didn't buy anything,  just gave a gift to further their work. so it has no value -  she just sends them as a gift. It helps.

So - basically no more KS  from outside the EU thanks. And very soon we in the UK will be screwed there too.

At the moment, bless covid (no, really !) NOTHING seems to be attracting fees - by a freak of nature I've had several packages from the US (KS ones I backed before I got mad !) - with no tags on at all ! I suspect the staff are afraid to touch stuff from the States - I would be too, if there were a mass of it at work.

I don’t think there is a risk though. At best a package arrives between 7 and 10 days from the US so what is in the package was isolated for more than one week most of the time; even if there was some contact with the virus it’s likely safe.

Edited by Decan

14 hours ago, Niobium said:

The Titanic Tarot seems technically accomplished, but I find the theme baffling. Even in a world where it seems almost anything can be made into a tarot deck, that context is...oddly specific and constrained. It would be like making a tarot out of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. How much richness can be wrought from such a specific event?

1 hour ago, sixdegrees said:

The Titanic Tarot seems technically accomplished, but I find the theme baffling. Even in a world where it seems almost anything can be made into a tarot deck, that context is...oddly specific and constrained. It would be like making a tarot out of the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. How much richness can be wrought from such a specific event?

I feel the same way about that one. Oz works a bit better for me, and I like this one, so I miiiiight snag it. Still on the fence. I do like some of the associations, though.

So, the Unicorn deck which had unsuccessful funding is taking another shot at it, with a lower funding level and an option to have a pledge of a tarot bag rather than a deck.

The artist behind the Medieval Gothic said she'd do the same, so there's still hope that one will turn up.

New to Kickstarter today is the ASL Tarot, which incorporates American Sign Language in the cards. I'd love to see this succeed! 

I backed this one today (a few days before the end of the campaign but I didn’t know):

Raven 4th playing cards! 

Okay so I paid for this one, Ravn IIII (in sweden kronas 😄) and the decks will be made at the end of August or during September I guess. The delivery is planned for December but I don't see why they will need all these months since they will be shipped directly from the printer.

I chose the Classic Red + Blue. Actually nothing really unusual with these decks; the design of the court cards were slightly improved, and the Ace of Spade is fabulous. Otherwise the backs are very nice and depict stylized ravens, great cardstock I think.

The theme is of course the raven what is fine with me since I am confortable with this bird for my avatar.

Maybe a spirit animal guide for me, who knows??

Edited by Decan

And, James Eads' Cosma Visions is live: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jamesreads/the-cosma-visions-oracle-deck-and-prisma-visions-tarot-book/

Fully funded in 5m. Whew! So, this helpfully details how the deck is sort of an Oracle Tarot combo. You can arrange it as a Tarot; it has 10 cards + 4 face per suit, and 22 'Majors'. Or, you can ignore that structure, and go with it as 4 suits of 10 cards, one suit of 16 cards, and 22 primary concepts.

The main thing I want to point out is, if you like the satchels Eads produces, they're available for add-on at a very cheap rate of $10 each. If they're the right dimensions for your other decks and you were considering this one, it's an inexpensive way to get some nice satchels.

FindYourSovereignty
On 8/9/2020 at 1:24 AM, Decan said:

Okay so I paid for this one, Ravn IIII (in sweden kronas 😄) and the decks will be made at the end of August or during September I guess. The delivery is planned for December but I don't see why they will need all these months since they will be shipped directly from the printer.

I chose the Classic Red + Blue. Actually nothing really unusual with these decks; the design of the court cards were slightly improved, and the Ace of Spade is fabulous. Otherwise the backs are very nice and depict stylized ravens, great cardstock I think.

The theme is of course the raven what is fine with me since I am confortable with this bird for my avatar.

Maybe a spirit animal guide for me, who knows??

And the video is really good, too. I love playing cards.

FindYourSovereignty
22 hours ago, Niobium said:

And, James Eads' Cosma Visions is live: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jamesreads/the-cosma-visions-oracle-deck-and-prisma-visions-tarot-book/

Fully funded in 5m. Whew! So, this helpfully details how the deck is sort of an Oracle Tarot combo. You can arrange it as a Tarot; it has 10 cards + 4 face per suit, and 22 'Majors'. Or, you can ignore that structure, and go with it as 4 suits of 10 cards, one suit of 16 cards, and 22 primary concepts.

The main thing I want to point out is, if you like the satchels Eads produces, they're available for add-on at a very cheap rate of $10 each. If they're the right dimensions for your other decks and you were considering this one, it's an inexpensive way to get some nice satchels.

5- minutes - that's good marketing! The art is nice, but I chose to pass on this for now. It is easier for me to wait it out a bit if I miss the early bird. I like what he has done, but the idea of learning different names for all of the cards is not where I am at right now. 

On 7/25/2020 at 12:22 AM, Niobium said:

I'm thinking about it. Though I'd rather nab a Blood Moon or a Bonestone instead. Hence only thinking.

I passed on the Titanic - hear it is a lovely collector's deck, but it wasn't for me, but this one is kind of pulling on my childhood heartstrings and seems to work better for a tarot deck.