More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

2 minutes ago, Wyrdkiss said:

After further review it is too angelic for me, but it does indeed seem to be a nice pack @Decan.    I've been burned by Tarot Kick starters, however, so that is another reason to refrain at this point if not fully enthused. Happy to share though -- I hope you pick it up if you like it.

I appreciate to see what's new on Kickstarter from time to time (on the forum) but didn't back for a long time. Anyway it's important to look closely at the offer, that way there is no regret later.

It's a hard "meh" from me on those last few. They're not bad per se, they just don't do anything for me. Nothing makes them stand out or makes me think I need them for anything.
If anyone needs de-enabling, I am, as ever, available. 😉

I've been keeping an eye on the Baroque Tarot; I like it overall, still trying to decide if I want it. LaMucci's decks have been very nice overall, so I'm tempted.

I like the vibe but the way some of the images are collaged or cut/pasted into the art is a little rough, almost clumsy looking.  I can't decide if I like the deck or not.

If you're on the fence now, imagine what it would be like once you've spent the money, have the deck, and still feel ambivalent.
Seriously, sometimes even "OMG I MUST HAVE THAT!" decks end up gathering dust. "I'm on the fence" decks are worse, IME.

One of the reasons I'd consider it, is that I have a hole in my collection, I lack any decks that have actual realistic humans, (as opposed to cartoonist) at least as far as the decks that I use.  I did recently order the Key tarot which is mainly people in photo collage.  So after I get that, if it vibes with me, I won't need another human subject deck.

I do like how a lot of the backgrounds in the Baroque look like storm clouds, I love anything dark and stormy looking.  I am definitely on the fence, and my budget does need to be considered.

On the other hand, I did back the Tarot of Minchiate which may or may not achieve funding, because the historical aspect is interesting to me.

Screenshot_20211218-204715.png

Screenshot_20211218-204651.png

Hmmm.
I already have an Al Leone, but I hardly use it because the stock is really chintzy. I don't think it would stand up to much use.
https://tarotbg.eu/en/spanish-tarot-decks/263-tarocchi-minchiate-al-leone-.html

The one on Kicktarter says "350gr 2-sided coated cardboard, with matt film" I'm guessing that means "350 gsm, matte finish"? It doesn't mention a carbon core or anything, just "cardboard", but does sound more substantial than the deck I have. I'm on the fence.

This stands out. Most Kickstarter decks are from artists who don't know Tarot well. But this one says:

"I simply decided to never paint a card until I feel that I truly know it by heart and before I learned all of its life lessons, and this turned out to be quite a gargantuan task in the long run. I spent most of that time with study, research, practise, travelling adventures and survival. Getting busy with life and observing it carefuly.

In order to fullfill all the requirements that this work asked of me, I had to gradually master quabalah, astrology, magick, eastern martial arts  and  of course – art of painting for which I had no formal education."

Watch the video. (I love this guy's house!) The deck is full of Thothy goodness. Check out "Horus" at the end, too. 😁

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sagus93/surfers-paradise-tarot-and-fools-guide-to-galaxy

A new one which uses poetry as keywording: 

I've been following this artist and I'm not sure I'll back the deck, but I do like the art aesthetic. 

I like the idea - but not the art of the Sun - the only one I have looked at closely.... And - I no longer back ones from the US - the cost to get it here is just OTT.

Another one from the folks who did Cat Tarot de Marseille, Wheel of Fortune Tarot, and numerous others:

I love the cute little folk-y style. Do I need another cat deck? No. Am I going to get it anyways?

...probably. 😐

I come bearing new temptations. First up, a deck with a distinctly Mouse Guard feel:

Next, we have the second edition of the Meraki Tarot:

This edition is borderless, for those who held back on the prior one for that reason. I'm going to back this one and sell my first edition, since I like this new look a good deal more.

Lastly, a super cute Alice in Wonderland deck:

I have another deck by this creator and it's really well made, so this one looks promising.

5 hours ago, Niobium said:

I come bearing new temptations. First up, a deck with a distinctly Mouse Guard feel:

Next, we have the second edition of the Meraki Tarot:

This edition is borderless, for those who held back on the prior one for that reason. I'm going to back this one and sell my first edition, since I like this new look a good deal more.

Lastly, a super cute Alice in Wonderland deck:

I have another deck by this creator and it's really well made, so this one looks promising.

I backed the MIMIT - something about the campaign description really charmed me (it talked about how the mice in the cards would fit into your palm the same way the cards do) plus it's an European deck for once so no customs! Yay 💖

Hey everyone:  So I am going through Kickstarter decks, finally, and have saved quite a few to view later>>which I've now done. 

So most I want to delete fm my Saves, but I cannot find a way to remove them!  

Any help sure would be appreciated 😛

12 hours ago, bastetly said:

Hey everyone:  So I am going through Kickstarter decks, finally, and have saved quite a few to view later>>which I've now done. 

So most I want to delete fm my Saves, but I cannot find a way to remove them!  

Any help sure would be appreciated 😛

You just click the same button again, so that the little bookmark symbol goes from orange back to black. That should removed them from your Saved list 👍

On 5/13/2022 at 12:54 AM, Rori said:

You just click the same button again, so that the little bookmark symbol goes from orange back to black. That should removed them from your Saved list 👍

I guess I was looking too hard and missed the simpler solution hehe

Hey Rori, it worked!  😛  Thanks so much!

Hooo boy

This is *three* distinct versions of the 5th Edition of the Broken Mirror tarot. The art is NOT the same between them all. !!!! Damn it. x.x

Yeah. I have one edition; how much do I....

That set of 6 minis - are these three new ones among them - the image is very SMALL....