More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

On 10/14/2022 at 3:35 PM, Niobium said:

I *think* Little Red Tarot tends to carry his decks so hopefully that can make it a bit easier for you to get it, should you opt to do so.

Do you mean thewootique? They occasionally offer The True Black 😀

On 10/8/2022 at 1:14 AM, DanielJUK said:

I have looked for the Lenormand in the UK. 

I was going to say if anyone wants the Green Glyphs Lenormand 1st edition it's £52 total the UK on their site - I bought the mini decks in tins directly from them - and prices include vat - GGL is currently £10 post and £42 for the deck. 

51 minutes ago, Jones Davy said:

Do you mean thewootique? They occasionally offer The True Black 😀

OH that's probably who I was thinking of. So if they do a wholesale backing that could work for the UK folks.

46 minutes ago, Niobium said:

OH that's probably who I was thinking of. So if they do a wholesale backing that could work for the UK folks.

They do - they order five or so at a time - it works out £110 plus postage. 

Thanks for the shop ideas @Jones Davy 🙂

There was an instagram update from Thewootique the other day (I ❤️ that little London online shop) and because of the exchange rate, they won't be importing many decks from the U.S for a while, or as the post text said.....

"the exchange rate is kicking my ass currently so I won't be restocking items for a while". If there is a deck in stock that you want there, it's worth getting it now.

Sadly I think we might see this a lot from importing shops 😞

19 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

Thanks for the shop ideas @Jones Davy 🙂

There was an instagram update from Thewootique the other day (I ❤️ that little London online shop) and because of the exchange rate, they won't be importing many decks from the U.S for a while, or as the post text said.....

"the exchange rate is kicking my ass currently so I won't be restocking items for a while". If there is a deck in stock that you want there, it's worth getting it now.

Sadly I think we might see this a lot from importing shops 😞

This is disappointing but understandable - they need to a decent profit and that's been wiped out. I am constantly looking at the kickstarters I've backed, like the Green Glyphs Boxed Set, to make sure I really really want them.

And then there is the postage, the VAT and the £8 we have to pay the post office for their noble act of collecting our money..... 

For anyone who missed the Darkest Dungeon tarot deck KS, Fortuna Tenebris, the creator has pre-orders available for the extras. The deck is still in production (like literally every other deck at the moment...) but should be out by Christmas.

11111.thumb.png.c390a7ee8cbd0314bf46f49a119e1e5d.png

https://www.cryptidpleasures.com/dongbrulee/p/fortuna-tenebris-tarot-deck-dong-brles-guide-to-fortune-telling

Sigh. Vermillion and Sengia's newest KS, the Sleepwalker Tarot, looks SO NICE, but the *only* dark skinned figure in the whole deck...is the Devil.

I really, really wish deck creators wouldn't do this. 😞

Edited by Niobium

On 10/23/2022 at 1:51 PM, Niobium said:

For anyone who missed the Darkest Dungeon tarot deck KS, Fortuna Tenebris, the creator has pre-orders available for the extras. The deck is still in production (like literally every other deck at the moment...) but should be out by Christmas.

11111.thumb.png.c390a7ee8cbd0314bf46f49a119e1e5d.png

https://www.cryptidpleasures.com/dongbrulee/p/fortuna-tenebris-tarot-deck-dong-brles-guide-to-fortune-telling

OK I'm intrigued. The deck is just quirky enough for me to want it, and limited edition makes it even more appealing.  Tell me about this game, from your perspective? I've never heard reference to it and I am a table-top gaming enthusiast. if it is a video game, that is another matter.

Darkest Dungeon is a video game--a roguelike, if you're familiar with those, with ALL of the implied glutton =y for punishment--and due to its popularity there's a board game adaptation in process. Per the name and images it's a very dark and gothic game, turn-based so it's not a fast twitch experience or anything. Since they ARE making a board game this might go well with that for game play, but I was more interested in it for, as you said, the novelty. Unlike the D&D deck this has more clarity on the card's suit, so I'm very interested to see how it works for other game play (eg. 5e and storyteller RP).

I thought it over a lot and decided life is for living and I always wanted them and so backed a Green Glyphs Tarot and Lenormand Deck. They won't be sent out till about June next year.

The kickstarter ends on the 2nd of Nov next week, so final call if you are interested....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jamesreads/green-glyphs-tarot-runes-oracle-and-lenormand-decks/

@DanielJUK, ooooohhhh, I'm so on the fence on the Green Glyphs.  I have a thing for sets.  (I got the Little Visions set pretty much just because it's a set.)  But I DO read decks together . . .  I'll probably cave.  Maybe tomorrow, Nov. 1.

So Lily Stone, of Lily Stone Quarry, has a deck on KS that I wish I'd noticed sooner. It's quite nice looking:

Not sure she'll make the goal but hopefully she'll run it again. It's a nice looking little deck!

Just sharing, for those who follow my work. Trzes (I think he is also Trzes here?) has again generously agreed to host a Kickstarter campaign for my next deck. It's called the Urban Incantations Tarot. It's due to launch next week, and the pre-launch page can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/urbanincarnations/urban-incantations-tarot-by-lynyrd-jym-narciso

I made a video slideshow which features some of the cards (as per Kickstarter requirements) and have uploaded that on Youtube:

And a short video slideshow of the add-ons in the campaign. Most of them are discounted (except the last), and the first four are totally new stuff from me as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAlEph9zr9I

I opted for the second clip to be a link since I didn't realize the embedded video would be massive here!)

Thanks again, and a BIG thank you too to those who backed our previous campaign. It's been a rollercoaster year for me, and the modest funds raised from that were really helpful during the more trying times these past few months.

-Ly

PS I got a subbie, which a mod explained to me was needed should I post my works here - which I think is quite a fair exchange!

Edited by BlueToy

On 11/9/2022 at 12:25 PM, FindYourSovereignty said:

In case anyone is interested in obtaining Tarot de St Croix, she has a Kickstarter opportunity.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919587919/tarot-de-st-croix

I bought this one when it was first published, and it has survived many cullings over the years - it's definitely a keeper.👍

FindYourSovereignty
2 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

I bought this one when it was first published, and it has survived many cullings over the years - it's definitely a keeper.👍

This is wonderful to hear. I am really drawn to the orange borders in the first edition, but am sure I will be happy with the borderless. 

Edited by FindYourSovereignty

On 11/6/2022 at 1:18 AM, Niobium said:

So Lily Stone, of Lily Stone Quarry, has a deck on KS that I wish I'd noticed sooner. It's quite nice looking:

Aw - I really like this. Too bad it looks like it won't be funded. I hope the artist keeps trying.