More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

FindYourSovereignty

It seems like every subject has a way of becoming a tarot deck. What are your thoughts on these?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roxana-paul/rustic-fortune-tarot-deck?ref=discovery_newest&term=Tarot

Or Marseilles Dice?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tarotdice/the-marseille-tarot-dice?ref=discovery_newest&term=Tarot

or an RWS clone that focuses on 78 body parts?

Rustic Fortune reminds me of Housewives Tarot, so I'll pass. I like Housewives, but don't need another deck like it.

The body-part RWS isn't working for me - I find some of the cards a bit creepy.

I collect interesting dice anyway, so I might get the Marseilles Dice (already have stardust dice and trying to decide if they are too similar). I'm disappointed the default die color isn't black.

FindYourSovereignty
20 hours ago, Anabiyeni said:

Rustic Fortune reminds me of Housewives Tarot, so I'll pass. I like Housewives, but don't need another deck like it.

The body-part RWS isn't working for me - I find some of the cards a bit creepy.

I collect interesting dice anyway, so I might get the Marseilles Dice (already have stardust dice and trying to decide if they are too similar). I'm disappointed the default die color isn't black.

I’ve never looked at the Housewives tarot. I’ll check it out. Thank you.

I have mixed feelings about the Body Parts one. I actually don’t like the banner on the bottom at all and yes, some of the art is weird. I am a bit fascinated though by the body parts corresponding to each of the 78 cards. I don’t have the knowledge or want to do the work to figure that out on my own. 

The Dice one is neat.

Thank you for posting your thoughts. I appreciate it. 

8 hours ago, FindYourSovereignty said:

I have mixed feelings about the Body Parts one. I actually don’t like the banner on the bottom at all and yes, some of the art is weird. I am a bit fascinated though by the body parts corresponding to each of the 78 cards. I don’t have the knowledge or want to do the work to figure that out on my own. 

I think I'd like it better if it took the direction of "Out of Hand" Tarot, with close-ups of the body parts doing everyday things. Tying a shoe for foot, flexing an arm for elbow, a doctor performing a heart transplant for heart, a forensicist studying whatever bone. The random (to me) mix of bones, organs, and skin is what's bothering me the most about it.

FindYourSovereignty
11 hours ago, Anabiyeni said:

I think I'd like it better if it took the direction of "Out of Hand" Tarot, with close-ups of the body parts doing everyday things. Tying a shoe for foot, flexing an arm for elbow, a doctor performing a heart transplant for heart, a forensicist studying whatever bone. The random (to me) mix of bones, organs, and skin is what's bothering me the most about it.

Yes, this sounds way better and more of the type of decks I am wanting to invest in. I really like this approach to a deck about the different body parts, interesting. Thank you! 

Thank you for your comment @gregory! Yes, the artwork for the Cyber Seeker Tarot Deck was created using AI. I wanted to push the boundaries of traditional tarot design and explore the intersection of technology and spirituality. Using AI allowed me to create unique and futuristic designs for each card, making it a truly modern and innovative deck.

Artificial intelligence has come a long way in recent years and has allowed for the creation of stunning and intricate designs. The technology has allowed me to bring my vision to life and create a tarot deck that is not only visually appealing but also thought-provoking. I believe that the use of AI in tarot design is a reflection of our current digital age and the integration of technology into our daily lives.

I hope that you will give the Cyber Seeker Tarot Deck a chance and see how AI has elevated the traditional tarot design.

23 minutes ago, Simran said:

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about "The Cyber Seeker" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simrangill/the-cyber-seeker-tarot-deck-for-the-modern-explorer

It's difficult to comment on a deck based on one card and 4 half-cards - I couldn't find any other images using Google or DuckDuckGo, and that one image on Kickstarter seems more Magical than Cyber. I would definitely like to see more cards from this deck.

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

There's been a lot of discussion of AI art here; that was why I asked.

Ah, I understand your perspective. The use of AI in art is a topic that has garnered attention in recent times and it's understandable that some may have concerns regarding its impact on the authenticity and originality of art.

However, I would like to share my viewpoint that AI is simply a tool that artists can utilize to bring their creative visions to life. Similar to other traditional art mediums such as paintbrushes or pencils, AI can serve as a tool to aid in the artistic process.

When utilized with intention and thoughtfulness, AI can be a valuable asset that expands the creative possibilities and enables artists to bring new and innovative ideas to the forefront.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my perspective. 🙂

11 minutes ago, stevrsk13 said:

It's difficult to comment on a deck based on one card and 4 half-cards - I couldn't find any other images using Google or DuckDuckGo, and that one image on Kickstarter seems more Magical than Cyber. I would definitely like to see more cards from this deck.

Oops, my apologies @stevrsk13 

Please find another photo attached below that showcases more of the cyberpunk theme. I hope this helps give you a better understanding of the deck and its aesthetic. I know it's still not a great photo, but trust me this was the best that I could have found in laptop. Currently I am travelling and don't have access to my PC. I hope you understand 🙂

1239-copy-1536x1152.png

1 hour ago, Simran said:

Ah, I understand your perspective. The use of AI in art is a topic that has garnered attention in recent times and it's understandable that some may have concerns regarding its impact on the authenticity and originality of art.

However, I would like to share my viewpoint that AI is simply a tool that artists can utilize to bring their creative visions to life. Similar to other traditional art mediums such as paintbrushes or pencils, AI can serve as a tool to aid in the artistic process.

When utilized with intention and thoughtfulness, AI can be a valuable asset that expands the creative possibilities and enables artists to bring new and innovative ideas to the forefront.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my perspective. 🙂

I wasn't looking at a perspective in particular - just wondering if your deck should be included in that discussion.

Belatedly, Bard's Arcana made it! Sounds like he managed to get a few wholesale orders to round it out. Looking forward to that one, I've wanted a nice Shakespeare deck for a while.

A few creators from the UK have been needing to ask for help on their postage, so anyone in those projects (Andrea Aste's deck, Fortunae Tenebris, etc) might want to see if they can help out. The shipping situation has become so absurd for creators to deal with, I have nothing but sympathy on that account.

yeah when I ordered the Green Glyphs, the postage was about half the deck costs. To cut down international shipping costs it's coming by some bulk mail service which takes longer but was a 1/3 of the price of USmail's parcel costs. It was eye watering.

Because of the exchange rate, many wholesalers here and import tarot shops have said they will no longer buy from outside the country. They can make no profit on stock with the exchange rate and postage, it's not good! I presume mass market decks will increase in cost as well. It's getting harder and harder to continue our collecting hobby 😆

19 hours ago, gregory said:

in that discussion.

@gregory (loud enough? PM required?)

Which discussion (okay, on AI, yes) -

Rather: Which thread(s) are you referring to?

I have a piece of mind to give and am searching for the right place to do so.