Getting mobile view despite being on PC

katrinka

7 hours ago, AeonHorus said:

Try this site for all your PC problems there will be a solution!

NEVER download a programme from a third party site. Download from the programme owner. Bleepingcomputer downloads send a shedload of pups. Read their info - sure, but never download a programme from a third party site.

ETA also I note that that site does NOT download the latest version (4.0.4.49) which was updated two days ago, I think. And actually updated itself again while I typed that !

Mind you - malwarebytes is always up to  date with new threats.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

I have (one moment) 6 browsers (not counting iE which I won't touch, but can't face removing.) (I may have more stashed away...)

Edited by gregory

3 hours ago, gregory said:

NEVER download a programme from a third party site. Download from the programme owner.

Yeah sorry I should have made that a little clearer. It's a good site for seeing what's out there but as for downloading go direct to the organ grinder an' all that!

What's your thoughts on Kaspersky vs Avira then @gregory I used avira for years but changed to kaspersky last year (free versions of course) I felt Avira had changed a lot since it got taken over. The mobile app simply stopped working and kept asking me to buy a subscription and I had a few other issues with it. I was however reluctant to leave it behind after 10+ years or so we'd been together lol

I like avira. It does keep asking me to pay for premium - but I just - don't.

I used to like AVG but it was resource heavy, pushy about many things and the day I decided to switch and it took me THREE DAYS to uninstall it (it would keep reinstalling itself every time I rebooted - it took a special on line tool they had actually had to create after so many people complained) that I would NEVER use it again. Avira seems to be light on resources, and it seems to do the job. ALSO - many people have found that Kaspersky actually blocks a lot of legit stuff. There was a very funny thread on carto about that.... but as their search basically doesn't work, I can't find it.

FindYourSovereignty
13 hours ago, katrinka said:

It caught 19 PUPs. 
But TT&M is still borked on Palemoon. I'll be posting from Vivaldi until this resolves itself.

Hi Katrinka, does Palemoon have a secure mode or private browsing that you could try?  I am not familiar with that browser. Also, were there any os changes, browser updates or new software installed on your PC during the 24 hours that it changed to the mobile mode view? It would be great to find someone else using that browser to see if they have the same issue. 

I'm not katrinka - but yes it does. I have tested on there and it's fine for me - I think I said that further up. I just tried in a private window - it's fine there too.

It was last updated two days ago. And it just asked me to update again, so I am doing.

But isn't Vivaldi nice, katrinka ?

Sometimes you can simply change the browser to solve problems.

I don't know Palemoon but at times when something doesn't work well for something in particular (but not everything) I just change my browser (generally Firefox) for Internet Explorer or Chrome.

I used (last year) for a short time Opera. Oh Gosh what a horrible experience! I had a lot of dysfunctions with this one.

She has changed to Vivaldi. But she prefers Pale Moon and it has extensions Vivaldi doesn't. She wants it to work. Not unreasonable - it IS odd.

Katrinka - a thought - do you use kaspersky ? Wasn't it you had issues with it once before ?

15 minutes ago, gregory said:

She has changed to Vivaldi. But she prefers Pale Moon and it has extensions Vivaldi doesn't. She wants it to work. Not unreasonable - it IS odd.

Sorry, I missed this post. I don't know Vivaldi.

But people USE it... (Edge comes with it now...)

There's also Brave of course - I haven't tried it - and Seamonkey, another Mozilla clone which I used to use, but haven't lately.

7 hours ago, gregory said:

I'm not katrinka - but yes it does. I have tested on there and it's fine for me - I think I said that further up. I just tried in a private window - it's fine there too.

It was last updated two days ago. And it just asked me to update again, so I am doing.

Yes, I am, too.

7 hours ago, gregory said:

But isn't Vivaldi nice, katrinka ?

It seems like it could be. I'm not used to it, though. When I mouse over to the scroll bar, it often jumps to another page or opens another window.  Not sure what's happening there...

6 hours ago, gregory said:

Yes. Exactly this. 

6 hours ago, gregory said:

Katrinka - a thought - do you use kaspersky ? Wasn't it you had issues with it once before ?

No, it must have been someone else. I've never used it.

6 hours ago, AeonHorus said:

iE is thr browser that comes packaged with windows, which is there simply to allow you to download a decent browser 😝

Actually, most peoples' experience with IE is horrible. And Edge is no better https://www.computerworld.com/article/3267634/microsoft-wants-you-on-edge-even-if-it-has-to-trick-you.html

I've only rarely - extremely rarely - seen anyone other than Microsoft saying good things about them.

Chrome plays that game, too. The browser works well, but there's tons of privacy concerns, and if you go shopping for a laptop, a lot of what you see are "Chromebooks". They don't let you run any software other than what you buy from them. Horrible.

Edited by katrinka

Nevermind, I fixed it.  What happened was the browser size was too small, so it switches view.

If you haven't fixed this yet, try dragging your browser into a larger size.

The window? I don't get the little two headed arrows when I mouse over the edges. Is there something else I can do?
I do get them when I minimize the window, but dragging it bigger doesn't fix the problem. 
Thanks in advance.

Edited by katrinka

On 2/11/2020 at 10:57 AM, AeonHorus said:

Dont you have the minimise restore and exit buttons top right ?

Yes, of course. 
What I'm saying is that I can minimize and then drag it out, and nothing changes.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, Little Fang said:

This is how mine is doing it. 

Yes. This is what I'm getting, minimized and dragged all the way to the edges:

Capture.thumb.JPG.f1574cf9f45a4026e3372df451a22ab6.JPG

I've honestly never heard of that browser.

Chrome, Firefox, and Edge are the current standards, and it should work fine on those.  In this instance, you'd have to go and find support for the browser probably.  Have you noticed this happening on any other websites that have a mobile theme?

Check if the forum software's forum does the same thing: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

I searched, I haven't found anybody else reporting those issues on that forum. 😞 

Noplace else.
The Invision board appears to show desktop, or at least it looks the same on both Palemoon and Vivaldi:

Capture.thumb.JPG.8771523c9e4c00ddbb2eb5415bed300a.JPG

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask Palemoon support. The worst they can do is tell me to mess with coding, which I'm under no obligation to actually do.
And I'm getting used to keeping the forum open in a different browser. I might just keep doing that.
Maybe the issue will eventually go away, as mysteriously as it started...👻
Thanks for looking into it. Sometimes electronics are just...haunted. 👻👻👻

They definitely can be, yes!

I don't recall if you said you tried different themes, sorry if I'm forgetting, but do check the main TT&M theme and report back ❤️ 

39 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

I've honestly never heard of that browser.

Chrome, Firefox, and Edge are the current standards, and it should work fine on those.  In this instance, you'd have to go and find support for the browser probably.  Have you noticed this happening on any other websites that have a mobile theme?

Check if the forum software's forum does the same thing: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

I searched, I haven't found anybody else reporting those issues on that forum. 😞 

PaleMoon is a Firefox offshoot, so shouldn't have any issues - and it is in many ways better than firefox. I use it too - but it shows fine on mine. That's what's so odd.