Looking to learn Lenormand- via a person's help

Aldor44

Hey all

I myself am a rather seasoned Tarot reader ( RWS)- been doing it for the last 5 or so years.

A year and a half or so ago I discovered Lenormand and was very intrigued by it...

I got a few reccomanded books and sturdied the cards- according to either the french or german systems ( don't remember which at the moment)

However, trying to read with it - didn't work ( maybe because I am used to the descriptive language of the Tarot) or becuase I don't fully understand the Lenormand combos ( i.e. how to read  card 1 before card 2 as opposed to card 2 before card 1- as many times it means the same to me)

So I have dropped it, only to return to it a few months later and give it another try- still with the same miserable results.

I kinda want to try it again- but Don't want to do it the same way - cause as Einstein had said- insanity is repeating the same things , expecting different results.

So I am looking for a "mentor" - a seasoned Lenormand reader ( perhaps one who also does it professionaly) - toi help guide me..

I can offer -any and all I know about Tarot in exchange or simply my gratitude 😄 

If such a kind soul exists- please let me know!

Thank you! 

We gave you a lot of resources in this thread:

Personally, I think you'd be better off with those than with some random person doing free "mentoring." 

😉

I'm with katrinka. Lenormand is one area where using the books to learn actually works. If it didn't gel with you - perhaps Lenormand simply isn't your thing. It is - I suppose "a bit rigid" is one way to describe it. Very little wiggle room.

You might also find more help on carto, where it is a very big thing as that forum was set up basically for non-tarot in the first place.

ETA there are a LOT of good on line courses. I am not an expert, but I am told Mary Greer's does a good job.  (Experts, please advise if I'm wrong.)

But if you can't get around reading card 1 before card 2, it probably really isn't for you. One card comes before the other. End of. Just like reading a book - you read the words in the right order, not the way you FEEL them or something.

Edited by gregory