Bonestone and Earthflesh Tarot

RavenOfSummer

11 minutes ago, gregory said:

I check my spam RELIGIOUSLY. I have messaged her on Etsy. 

I think she did one first round on Etsy and is due to do another one. That’s probably it. But if you haven’t changed your address the it really doesn’t matter because those that don’t confirm will still get decks delivered, just to the address that was in the original order. 

Well, I emailed the day you pointed out that she was asking for it. I have just copy pasted the email and sent it again.... I am increasingly not impressed. Sure she's had problems, but so have MANY people....

Just now, gregory said:

Well, I emailed the day you pointed out that she was asking for it. I have just copy pasted the email and sent it again.... I am increasingly not impressed. Sure she's had problems, but so have MANY people....

Yeah. I think most of us feel a bit frustrated by now. And with my poor luck then the deck will probably get stolen in shipping and I won’t be able to get another one because she sold all the extras... there, I just jinxed myself! 🤪

5 hours ago, gregory said:

I check my spam RELIGIOUSLY.

Yes, me too.  SPAM = Supreme Power Above Me.  Oh wait - you're talking about email...never mind.  And back to topic...

RavenOfSummer
On 11/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, gregory said:

On 11/1/2019 at 10:34 AM, Raggydoll said:

Yeah. I think most of us feel a bit frustrated by now. And with my poor luck then the deck will probably get stolen in shipping and I won’t be able to get another one because she sold all the extras... there, I just jinxed myself! 🤪

I confess I am also feeling frustrated at this point. Like gregory said, I think it's the lack of news...like I would love any sort of timeline to be communicated, even if it has to be revised and pushed back down the road, so we can at least set our expectations. I think the other problem is it turns out Etsy was just the wrong platform for a long-term pre-order like this. I suppose that's not anyone's fault, but I contrast it say with Kickstarter, where the project creator can easily message everyone who backed a project, send out a request for address updates, etc. That's not to say those project creators aren't still having to do a ton of work behind the scenes that can cause delays, but at the least the process is more streamlined and the systematized communication gives backers more peace of mind.

My tendency is to be patient with these types of things- for example I'm fine continuing to wait for the Blood Moon Tarot, which is a Kickstarter project that also initially had an estimated delivery of December 2018, which then got pushed back to April 2019, and most recently has been pushed back to April of 2020. But I feel I've been more concretely kept in the loop on what's happening, and also the ability for the creator to easily mass-communicate to her backers means I'm not feeling worried people will fall through the cracks.

All that said, I understand this is a learning process for Avalon. I want to be patient! Just want to feel a little more solid about the process...

I have still had NO conformation that she has received any of my messages :classic_huh: As others have, I can't help wondering... I am VERY much not impressed. We know she knows how to email, so there's no excuse/learning curve for that.

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

I have still had NO conformation that she has received any of my messages :classic_huh: As others have, I can't help wondering... I am VERY much not impressed. We know she knows how to email, so there's no excuse/learning curve for that.

Yeah. I haven’t heard anything on Facebook either. Last update she had a sick kid, I believe. Don’t really know what to say 😕

RavenOfSummer
46 minutes ago, gregory said:

Ugh...I don't know what to say either.... I do know you're not alone, I've seen multiple people saying on Facebook that they haven't received confirmations either. Not that that makes you feel any better I'm sure...

Things happen, but it's not a good sign that she's gone incommunicado. I'm not saying it was her intention from the beginning to burn people, but it's possible that she's spent the money and can't face anyone.

At this point, I'd be contacting Paypal (or whoever) and working on getting a refund. Does anyone remember the Lunar Fire Tarot? Sometimes a deck never materializes and you have to be the squeaky wheel. Just sayin'.

Yeah - I guess I will have to do that....

ETA I note she has been managing to sell readings on Etsy OK - there's recent feedback. Even more Hm.

Edited by gregory

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Yeah - I guess I will have to do that....

Nah, don’t. You’ll get the deck. I absolutely think you will. Just not this year ☺️

Oh goody - we are past the 100 days where we can do that, and she "does not accept cancellations." Anyone else pay with PayPal ?  I'll try filing with them too.

41 minutes ago, gregory said:

@Raggydoll WELL - I just left a STINGING message on etsy.

Then she’ll probable have it shared as a screenshot on her social media... just saying !

45 minutes ago, gregory said:

Oh goody - we are past the 100 days where we can do that, and she "does not accept cancellations." Anyone else pay with PayPal ?  I'll try filing with them too.

She said in her last update that she still accepts requests for refunds, it just can’t be done the normal Etsy route

I paid with PayPal too.

2 hours ago, gregory said:

ETA I note she has been managing to sell readings on Etsy OK - there's recent feedback. Even more Hm.

So she can type out a whole reading but can't respond to people who sent her money. 
I'd try Paypal anyway. They'd deny the refund, but that can be appealed.
And seeing how it was a preorder and then people were strung along with various tales of woe, well...it's not like you ordered something months ago and received it in a normal amount of time, but decided somewhere down the line that you'd rather have the money.
Some banks/credit/debit cards have coverage for this kind of thing as well.

I'm not saying that she set out to scam you guys. But the picture I'm getting is that between the time she offered the deck and now, her husband quit his job, they bought a farm, there were fires...if that's what actually happened, these people are in dire straits financially. And I can sympathize with that, but the right thing for her to do is to put on her big girl pants and say, "Apologies, I blew it." and make a concerted effort to refund people, even if it takes a good while.

She's not even trying. And that's inexcusable.

OK - she answered - fairly grovellingly and "understanding my distress" - and has offered a refund. She is missing the point - it's the lack of info I object to. We are "in discussion..."

Edited by gregory

I will endeavour to do more updates on my newsletter. I have been doing regular updates on Facebook but I recognise that I need to be more on top of newsletters and that is solely on me.

Once again I do apologies for the delay. While I have been trying my best to keep all updated it’s been a challenge for me. That said, I will make every attempt to create a newsletter today.

I do appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me and the honestly through which you chose to do so.

I thought there had been nothing on FB either ?

Were here what ? Fires - yes, unquestionably.

She says her updates are on "facebook hangouts..." and that there have been non for 15 days, I have no idea what that even MEANS - but we do now have a new newsletter. Progress. The wheel squeaks :lol:

RavenOfSummer
25 minutes ago, gregory said:

Were here what ? Fires - yes, unquestionably.

She says her updates are on "facebook hangouts..." and that there have been non for 15 days, I have no idea what that even MEANS - but we do now have a new newsletter. Progress. The wheel squeaks :lol:

gregory, you just got a shout-out in Avalon's latest video update on Facebook! (Not by name of course, but I knew she must be talking about you!) She said you were "very nice" and politely reminded her that she needs to share more info for the people who aren't on Facebook. And I assume it is because of you that we just got a newsletter! Well done!!!

I like the "very nice".  You should have seen my message. Nice it wasn't. The word unacceptable was used, for one.... I will admit it was polite. I can be wonderfully polite when being rude :classic_wink:

She says everyone should get confirmation in the next 12 hours.....