Site Acting Odd

Barleywine

I've been having quite a bit of trouble with the forum today. It can take me half-minute to navigate between panes, and I sometime get thrown out into content that seems all scrambled, even though it's clearly from this site. I'm not having difficulty anywhere else on the web, just here.

I've been having very long delays for a couple of days, sometimes just black pages, or just the background. Just this site for me also

Little Fang

I've checked the backend server stats and all appears fine, but should this persist I'll contact the host this coming week to look into it. I am also experiencing it. 

Middling here. It was running slow for a few days and I had to close my browser and re-open it. But it's fine now.
I never got the pages of blackness and scrambling, though.

Seems ok now.  Couple of days of blank pages tho.

ETA  Aaaand the pages are still loading quite slowly 3/15/20.

Edited by bastetly

Same issue here, pages hardly load to the point where I can reply, and it takes ages for anything to load. Impossible to upload images.

Little Fang

Talking with support but it's not very helpful.

Continue to monitor and post if you notice times it's happening, I get off work wednesday.

It seems to happen for me mostly in the afternoon EST, so I'm wondering if its related to server traffic. I haven't gotten the scrambled pages for a couple of days.

yep same here like @Endy. I suspect it is because everybody is home around the world with little to nothing to do.... Server's around the world probably have heavier traffic than normal....

It's happened to me a few more times, both on the phone and laptop. 
The page freezes while loading and just sits there. But if I close the browser and open it again, things are fine. 
This all makes me suspect some kind of thing trying to attach itself, but my adblock or something is fighting it off?

It's similar to facebook in a way. I normally keep a lot of tabs open so I don't HAVE to wait for sites to load, but facebook borks if I leave it open too long. It's similar here.

So maybe it's caused by some kind of trackers? IDK.

Edited by katrinka

12 minutes ago, MoonGypsy said:

i am having the same challenges...taking FOREVER for pages to load.

Thanks for letting us know. I am notifying @Little Fang but she is currently sick so it will have to wait until she is back on her feet. 

I couldn't navigate the site at all last night and had to leave. Kept getting the big logo and what looked like a menu tree with no hot buttons. It's OK again this morning.

We have contacted the forum support team and they are working on it. We acknowledge that this is a huge inconvenience and we are sorry about that. Thank you all for your patience!

Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

What is very odd is that the other invision forum, I am on is working just fine. It seems specific to us.

In case that helps them at all.

EVERYTHING seems to be working at other sites I visit.
Here, I've been getting a thing where I click things and nothing happens at all. 
It's time consuming, I have to close the tab and open it again, open it in a different browser, all kinds of things just to get to a thread or PM and reply.