Jump to content
gregory

Are you feeling lonely because of Covid-19 ?

Recommended Posts

Mi-Shell

29066372_615240902171478_5817322478304090791_n.thumb.jpg.a8aad62e58f747fde2e4bebb1ca0bff3.jpg

cake for everyone ♥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
36 minutes ago, Mi-Shell said:

29066372_615240902171478_5817322478304090791_n.thumb.jpg.a8aad62e58f747fde2e4bebb1ca0bff3.jpg

cake for everyone ♥

😍🥰🥰🥰🥰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

Too much icing and not enough CAKE !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
11 minutes ago, gregory said:

Too much icing and not enough CAKE !

Here’s my apple cake for you. No icing whatsoever. And it is gluten-free, dairy free and almost fat free. But definitely not sugar free 😎 This is a cake I started baking for my relatives with gallbladder issues and it has become very popular. The cinnamon/sugar crust is heavenly 🥰 

 

1FA84C38-18FF-4088-A847-14502538A25F.thumb.jpeg.50d69867e48b02854be4f832925f39ec.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory
Posted (edited)

THOSE are better. I never see the point of Royal Icing. Toothbreaking solid sugar.

Edited by gregory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Butterfly

@Raggydoll that apple cake looks awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoxena
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, gregory said:

Yes, I was just listening to New York Gov. Cuomo on the radio and, although the number of people testing positive in NY does keep increasing, the rate at which those people need hospitalization has slowed.  We still need beds and ventilators, and people are still going in to the hospital, but at a slower rate than it was earlier this week.  He cited social distancing as one of the major factors helping slow it down.  So there's some good news.


 

 

Edited by geoxena
Making separate post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoxena

For anyone who sews - patternreview.com is launching a "Quarantine Contest."  It's much more casual than their usual sewing contests, but gives people an opportunity to focus on something fun while stuck at home.  You need to join the site to enter (it is international).  Go here:

https://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=114354

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stephanelli

I made Brownies yesterday to cheer myself up.  They are milk chocolate with exotic mixed dried fruit.  The fruit adds nice tang to the sweet chocolatey taste 🙂  I made them for part of my bands pandemic chat group's baking inspiration thread!

IMG_20200325_162227_9.thumb.jpg.c6dc8d75b17de23942af17223bd56f67.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Butterfly

@stephanelli, that looks divine!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Butterfly

As I said yesterday, I did cup cakes for my boy's birthday. He was pleased and all agreed they tasted good. :bubble_blol:

 

cupcakes1.thumb.png.bd187cbe569e67f3f8012f5561d023df.png

 

 

cupcakes2.thumb.png.24f04267b5b2af87c9677a5e2b629674.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacificwaters

Somehow despite the free time I am not feeling motivated to pick up the decks or even do the daily draws.

 

Spending time exercising at home since the gym is closed. Rest of the time is spent with my kid goading him to read or write. I have managed to hook him up with the Calvin and Hobbes comics though 🙂 

 

Resolving every day to start reading with the cards tomorrow. Hope the tomorrow comes soon : fingers crossed :

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
1 hour ago, Lady Butterfly said:

As I said yesterday, I did cup cakes for my boy's birthday. He was pleased and all agreed they tasted good. :bubble_blol:

 

cupcakes1.thumb.png.bd187cbe569e67f3f8012f5561d023df.png

 

 

cupcakes2.thumb.png.24f04267b5b2af87c9677a5e2b629674.png

Wow, they look so pretty!! 😍 I’m very good at baking delicious things but I am absolutely useless at making them look pretty. And I’ve given up on trying 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
8 hours ago, stephanelli said:

I made Brownies yesterday to cheer myself up.  They are milk chocolate with exotic mixed dried fruit.  The fruit adds nice tang to the sweet chocolatey taste 🙂  I made them for part of my bands pandemic chat group's baking inspiration thread!

IMG_20200325_162227_9.thumb.jpg.c6dc8d75b17de23942af17223bd56f67.jpg

Yum yum yum!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marigold
Posted (edited)

I went for my daily walk.  And I made a new friend who was sitting on the park bench next to me. A lovely sunny but crisp day. We chatted for over an hour and after it was as if we'd known each other all our life. He's a guy from the Central African Republic and he's a specialist in African poetry. So he recited some to me and we talked about other poets. Then we talked about Nietzche and Kant. The we spoke a bit about our lives and Africa and when I lived in South Africa and Nigeria. Then he told me also a very tragic tale of something that happened in his life. We said we'd shake hands when all this over. 

 

Without the Covid-19 we'd never have met. He's invited me to go to see his show that he's preparing on African poetry which will be take place in a local theatre. 

 

So even with social distancing, one can make new friends. I also relented and joined facebook so I've made some new friends there already - people who I didn't know existed. I don't know though whether I'll remain on facebook after the business is over. It's hugely addictive. But it whiles the time away in this time when one can't socialise in real life.

 

 

Edited by Marigold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll

I am planning on making homemade jewelry from wood pieces that my husband has cut up for me. I might wood burn them, with bind-runes. I was thinking I could make some earrings. I might provide pictures later, if it turns out well (and I have the time to do it) 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
2 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I went for my daily walk.  And I made a new friend who was sitting on the park bench next to me. A lovely sunny but crisp day. We chatted for over an hour and after it was as if we'd known each other all our life. He's a guy from the Central African Republic and he's a specialist in African poetry. So he recited some to me and we talked about other poets. Then we talked about Nietzche and Kant. The we spoke a bit about our lives and Africa and when I lived in South Africa and Nigeria. Then he told me also a very tragic tale of something that happened in his life. We said we'd shake hands when all this over. 

 

Without the Covid-19 we'd never have met. He's invited me to go to see his show that he's preparing on African poetry and literature which will be take place in a local theatre. 

That’s lovely. Thanks for sharing 💗

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory
Posted (edited)

That is lovely, yes, but - I hope not TOO close together on the bench... 2 metres, Marigold...

 

Nothing - even total isolation - would induce me to sign up to facebook, though. I can manage fine with forums and email.

Edited by gregory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marigold
37 minutes ago, gregory said:

That is lovely, yes, but - I hope not TOO close together on the bench... 2 metres, Marigold...

 

Nothing - even total isolation - would induce me to sign up to facebook, though. I can manage fine with forums and email.

No no. Not the same bench. We were on two separate benches even more than two metres apart. We talked quite loudly!

 

I'm starting to hate facebook I think. I will probably delete my account very soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

Good !

 

Lillie always used to say facebook showed her the vile underbelly of people she thought she liked. It always seems to me that people spend their time there being thoroughly nasty to each other, when they aren't posting what they had for breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
57 minutes ago, gregory said:

Good !

 

Lillie always used to say facebook showed her the vile underbelly of people she thought she liked. It always seems to me that people spend their time there being thoroughly nasty to each other, when they aren't posting what they had for breakfast.

Yeah, there is something special about facebook that makes me want to limit my time there very drastically. It is not the individuals but rather what happens with the group dynamic in that unique context. It feels... toxic. I don't think any person would benefit from spending too much time there, no matter the circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

806097671_hug1.jpg.adf55a13bb6286462891f98393df0a4c.jpg

 

It will get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joy

@Raggydoll hope the earrings come out well and you have time to take a pic. Would love to see them!!!

 

In my rock Facebook is the place where businesses connect. Newspaper is always at least 1 week or more late with News so kind of useless. And radio is a different story.... so if one wants to know what is going on on the rock.... there is no way around FB. But I rarely sign on anymore but Hubby checks.... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joy
2 minutes ago, gregory said:

806097671_hug1.jpg.adf55a13bb6286462891f98393df0a4c.jpg

 

It will get better.

 

Of course it will!

Hugging ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.