Jump to content
gregory

Are you feeling lonely because of Covid-19 ?

Recommended Posts

Raggydoll
13 minutes ago, gregory said:

806097671_hug1.jpg.adf55a13bb6286462891f98393df0a4c.jpg

 

It will get better.

niles crane hug GIF

 

(Is that what a social distancing hug looks like? 😁 💗)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

@Mi-Shell - in terms of let's all learn a new skill - what is that place on line where you did a load of free courses - was it coursera ? That would be a good place for us all to go to occupy ourselves rather productively. I wanted to be sure which it was, as I know yours was a really good one and many - aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
31 minutes ago, gregory said:

@Mi-Shell - in terms of let's all learn a new skill - what is that place on line where you did a load of free courses - was it coursera ? That would be a good place for us all to go to occupy ourselves rather productively. I wanted to be sure which it was, as I know yours was a really good one and many - aren't.

I want to know too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

This looks good. I want it. I have no crucifixes at risk.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
6 minutes ago, gregory said:

This looks good. I want it. I have no crucifixes at risk.

 

spacer.png

Go for it. Sounds like the perfect thing to spruce up your living room. Imagine how it will enhance all your social gatherings when things start flying off the walls! And you can be strategic about who sits under the heavy painting right next to the sword.., 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

Damn - now I need a heavy painting....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoxena

On a flipper forum I go to, they've had discussions about adding that an item you want to flip is haunted, because apparently you can sell it for a higher price, due to the fact that there are a lot of people who specifically look for "haunted" things to buy and they're willing to pay a premium.  I remember there were lots of listings on eBay for haunted dolls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
13 minutes ago, geoxena said:

On a flipper forum I go to, they've had discussions about adding that an item you want to flip is haunted, because apparently you can sell it for a higher price, due to the fact that there are a lot of people who specifically look for "haunted" things to buy and they're willing to pay a premium.  I remember there were lots of listings on eBay for haunted dolls!

Totally. I’ve heard people on YouTube talk about their ‘haunted’ purchases. Tarot decks too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacificwaters
21 hours ago, gregory said:

Nothing - even total isolation - would induce me to sign up to facebook, though. I can manage fine with forums and email.

Facebook=Fakebook

 

I quit it some time back. And I am not even tempted to go back to it in these times of isolation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

Did you get the fakebook word from me ? My other name for the place is fartbook. Full of foul-smelling gas... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pacificwaters
1 minute ago, gregory said:

Did you get the fakebook word from me ? My other name for the place is fartbook. Full of foul-smelling gas... :lol:

I remember your mention of the word "Fartbook" a long time back on some post :lol: About fakebook, I saw a google image of this word and it stuck with me ever since 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoxena

I've called it Fakebook for years, too!  I remember I got it from an online friend at another forum.  There was a sizable group of us over there who hated it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mi-Shell

Yes, Everyone, it was/ is Coursera!

This is just 1 link I have:

https://www.coursera.org/courses?orderby=upcoming&cats=health,humanities,socsci

You can put Buddhism or engineering or accounting or music into the search function and check it out.

If you do not want a fancy certificate , courses are free. You also do not have to do the tests after every segment. I did them, to ensure, I have retained toe information and got full grades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raggydoll
5 minutes ago, Mi-Shell said:

Yes, Everyone, it was/ is Coursera!

This is just 1 link I have:

https://www.coursera.org/courses?orderby=upcoming&cats=health,humanities,socsci

You can put Buddhism or engineering or accounting or music into the search function and check it out.

If you do not want a fancy certificate , courses are free. You also do not have to do the tests after every segment. I did them, to ensure, I have retained toe information and got full grades.

Thank you!

 

I hope you (and everyone else) saw that the forum will go offline shortly. Little Fang is migrating us to another host to make things run faster and better! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory
Posted (edited)

And suddenly I am less lonely (I wasn't actually - but isn't it nice to be back.)

Edited by gregory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Fang

Thank you all for your patience ❤️ That was an ordeal.  Things should be fast now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geoxena

Woohoo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregory

You rock, Little Fang !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xTheHermitx
On 3/25/2020 at 5:27 AM, Raggydoll said:

I hope everyone is holding up ❤️

 

To brighten the day, I baked some traditional Swedish cinnamon buns, only that they were gluten-, and dairy free to suit everyone in the household. You’ll have to imagine the smell and the taste. It was delicious 😋 

 

293701AF-E4E1-4C70-A880-938CE3A41F47.thumb.jpeg.096ac87db38537502dbd83134ffa911c.jpeg

 

What are you all doing to brighten your days? 

 

oh man...reminds me of Christmas morning!!!...those, and peppekaker baking for later in the day....

 

I have been mostly playing bass and or drums, getting house projects done (lots of purging!!), playing Dungeons and Dragons or Magic:The Gathering on line with friends, and, of course, studying the cards!!  In my purging, I found 2 decks I had been missing for years: my Witches Tarot and Enochian Tarot

 

also prepping on line lessons for when school gets back in session next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mi-Shell
1 hour ago, Little Fang said:

Thank you all for your patience ❤️ That was an ordeal.  Things should be fast now!

Thank You, Little Fang!💞

I hope you feel better too! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mi-Shell

Yes, I felt a bit lonely and found myself checking up on Little Fang's progress reports a few times.

Today was the big and much anticipated day, where I went to town to - for the very first time in my life pick up groceries that we ordered on line about 10 days ago. It all looked sooo perfect - until we got there and of 30 items on order there were only 12 that we were able to pick up. no bread, no yeast for baking our own, no bananas, no milk no.... the list goes on. 

So, that obviously is not working. 

What are you guys doing these days in terms of grocery  shopping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
1 hour ago, Little Fang said:

Thank you all for your patience ❤️ That was an ordeal.  Things should be fast now!

Thanks for doing that. I didn't mean to moan and complain to the point that it contributed to your decision to do that - apologies! I know you've been very ill. The most important thing right now is to heal!

And yes, the forum seems to be running like a Swiss watch. Even the italics are working again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Little Fang

It's all good friend! ❤️ 

It was super frustrating to me too, since I do love browsing, and when it gets to the point where one can't even do that, there's definitely problems.  :animated-smileys-hug-002:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
9 minutes ago, Mi-Shell said:

Today was the big and much anticipated day, where I went to town to - for the very first time in my life pick up groceries that we ordered on line about 10 days ago. It all looked sooo perfect - until we got there and of 30 items on order there were only 12 that we were able to pick up. no bread, no yeast for baking our own, no bananas, no milk no.... the list goes on. 

So, that obviously is not working. 

What are you guys doing these days in terms of grocery  shopping?

That's not unusual.
My order arrived yesterday - wait time was a week and a day.
They cancelled a few items because they didn't have them, and made substitutions for some of the others. Not crazy substitutions, just "same thing, different brand".
We have to expect this kind of thing, given the situation. My supermarket didn't drop the ball. They're actually handling all this as well as can be expected https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/heb-prepared-coronavirus-pandemic/
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
5 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

It's all good friend! ❤️ 

It was super frustrating to me too, since I do love browsing, and when it gets to the point where one can't even do that, there's definitely problems.  :animated-smileys-hug-002:

I can't imagine trying to admin this place and read virtually everything the way this place was freezing up. 😬

So: much gratitude! :classic_love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.