gregory

Are you feeling lonely because of Covid-19 ?

devin

Sorry to lower the tone but I saw this on twitter today and thought it was worth a laugh.

EbOcoX4XQA0yQ4d?format=jpg&name=medium

Man: What card am I holding up now?

Cat: What the **** is wrong with you?

gregory

This is a CHEERING thread. That is VERY cheering.  Thank you.

Decan

LOL, professor Didier Raoult (he is hotly debated -on the hydroxychloroquine- but as well very qualified in his field with many high distinctions, therefore this is the problem too), said yesterday that French doctors are corrupted jackasses (with some other things). I saw one of these doctors today on TV, he was really furious 🤣

ilweran

Just poking my head in to say hello. I keep thinking I'll have time to, well, spend time here, but things keep happening.

First we had a leak in our roof, with water running into the front bedroom (not in use thankfully). Got it fixed, room dried out. Ok.

Then we had to completely rearrange the living room (that involved moving well over a thousand books) because first we found we had clothes moths eating the wool carpet and then, when moving the bookcases to spray under them found that there was mold on the wall behind them

Did I mention I keep drawing the Tower?

Anyway, turned out positive in the end as we're getting rid of a pile of stuff we don't want anymore, have got rid of a lot of rubbish and the living room and dining room are looking so much better! The new layout just seems to give us so much more space it's amazing and so much nicer to spend time in here.

We still have a bedroom to do, but we're going to have to do it over a bit longer as we are knackered now!

I won't lie, there have been some difficult moments (a trip to IKEA, a place which makes me anxious when there isn't a pandemic was pretty awful). But it's ok.

And hopefully I can get back to my tarot stuff now (and jewellery making, and all the other stuff I do to relax).

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

Veritas

I'm dreading going back into isolation.....not that I've really been out of it.  I have to say though....it's been heaven wearing a mask in public and not having to talk to people I know in the grocery store!  I never thought of my self as antisocial and am really active in my community but I feel like I've been on a VACATION in the aspect that I don't have to be anywhere at any given time.  I've reconnected with a large circle of friends via ZOOM.  I guess I'm not antisocial....I'm just lazy social.  

I'm glad I found this group again!  I'm ready to dust off my reading skills!

~Veritas

devin

Good cheer: 

I haven't had a cat for nearly 10 years. My last was a stray/rescue and was suspected by the vet of being part Black-footed cat. I still miss him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-footed_cat

220px-Zoo_Wuppertal_Schwarzfusskatze.jpg

1024px-BlackFootedCat57.jpg

Blackfooted2.jpg

Now I'm thinking, if I ever do get another another kitty, it will have to be a Caracal. Definitely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caracal

Then again, Caracal is also the name of a South African tank thingy, so I'd have to be careful when ordering. 🤔

1024px-Rooikat.jpg

devin