Hello there!

Merrick

Hi everyone,

I’m still new-ish to Tarot despite owning a Thoth deck for five years. I never found a good way in with Thoth, and despite loving the imagery still find it very difficult to read. This year I took the tarot course in the Rune Soup premium members area, which introduced me to the Tarot de Marseille, and a whole different way of reading. From there I learned of Camelia Elias and Enrique Enriquez, as well as Yoav Ben-Dov and other excellent readers/teachers. Since then I’ve been joyously reading the TdM as often as I can, meditating on the cards and even dreaming about them. My preferred deck is the Noblet although I’m hoping to get a Dodal soon as well. 

Additionally after resisting it I also got a RWS deck and am wrestling with it. I think some of the changes Waite made to the majors greatly diminish the power of the cards, but I cannot deny the lasting power the deck has held over the English speaking tarot world for over a century, so I am working to make my peace with it.

I’m very interested in tarot history and love seeing ancient decks and the progression of the images. This has also helped me understand the tarot better and the way I relate to it. I look forward to discussing things with everyone here!

Edited by Merrick