Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 147 : May 2 - May 8

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. Vgimlet - Majestic Earth Tarot

2. Amberjune - Margarete Petersen Tarot and the L'Oracle Bleu

3. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Malpurtis Lenormand

4. Mi-Shell - Science Tarot

5. tarot_cat - Riderless Tarot deck and the Beasts of Albion deck

6. Madame Squee - Forest of Enchantment Tarot and Fairy Tale Lenormand

7. Bodhiseed - Gaian Tarot and the Goddess Oracle

(457)

Edited by VGimlet

This week I'm in with the very interesting Majestic Tarot - one of those that I'm unsure how readable it will be, but it sure is preeetttyyyy.

Amberjune

Thank you for the new thread @VGimlet.

Who is the creator of the Majestic Tarot?

My picks for the week are the Margarete Petersen Tarot and the L'Oracle Bleu.

A happy week to all!

AJ-ish/Sharyn

Was the Majestic Tarot not published later as a mass market in any way? 

I'll be using the stunning Malpurtis Lenormand beginning Sunday, thank you VG. Are you still working from home, do you have a library re-open date yet? 

tarot_cat

This week I'd like to work with my new Riderless Tarot deck (which I'm very excited about and thought I'd never own!) and revisit the Beasts of Albion deck.

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG 🧚‍♀️🐸

I'm in with Forest of Enchantment Tarot and Fairy Tale Lenormand.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:00 AM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

Was the Majestic Tarot not published later as a mass market in any way? 

. Are you still working from home, do you have a library re-open date yet? 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:24 PM, Amberjune said:

Thank you for the new thread @VGimlet.

Who is the creator of the Majestic Tarot?

Creator of the majestic was j.D. Hildegard Hinkle, and I bought mine through Amazon, although it also says through the artist in my notes.   So they must be selling the deck online, but not mass market.  

I liked the Herbcrafter, although I'm not sure if I'll use it again or not.   I'm just not that in touch with herbs and the deeper meanings, although I think it would be a great deck for those more in tune  than I am.   And I like the illustrations.   And the Northwest vibe, of course. 

No firm opening date for the library yet.   Sometime during phase two we'll be back in the buildings, although I probably won't be going back until phase three because I have a couple things on the more expanded "danger zone" list.  I've been working from home the whole time - I have enough stuff to do I can work my entire number of hours, which is good.     We are also doing a phased approach.  First some staff will be back in the buildings, get all mail and process all the incoming magazines and what not held at our service center and the post office while we were gone.  Probably also re-arrange the furniture, so we can get maximum social distancing.   Then probably to begin with just curb-side hold pickup outside the library, and maybe book drop off for all the items that people need to return. Once we get all that sanitized and re-shelved  then a gradual return to library hours, with lots of available hand-sanitizer, masks, wipes, and soap in place, and social distancing for us too...but people miss the libraries (and most of us miss our public!)

Edited by VGimlet

Amberjune
13 hours ago, VGimlet said:

Creator of the majestic was j.D. Hildegard Hinkle, and I bought mine through Amazon, although it also says through the artist in my notes.   So they must be selling the deck online, but not mass market.  

Oh yes, of course. I had backed it on kickstarter as the Majestic Earth Tarot. It reads well for me and I could just sink into the images and travel and revel in serenity. Such beautiful landscapes...

Wishing you a good time with it!

Bodhiseed

This week I'll be using the Gaian Tarot, a deck and book set created and self-published by Joanna Powell Colbert. I'll also be using the Goddess Oracle, a deck and book set created by Amy Sophia Marashinsky and illustrated by Hrana Janto. Today's draws are the Gardener (Empress) and Minerva:

empress.jpgminerva_0002.jpg

We spend decades of our lives wanting happiness, peace, and contentment—without sowing the causes for that aspiration. Why did we not plant the seeds of the fruition we aspire to?

~ Khandro Rinpoche

The Gardener (Empress) asks me what seeds I've been planting in my garden. If they have been seeds laced with fear, anger or delusion, will it be a surprise when I reap thorny brambles? These seeds have a way of spreading, causing harm not only to myself but others as well. And like the reseeding they will do, similar future experiences may trigger me to continue the same pattern over and over if I'm not mindful. Minerva, the goddess of wisdom, asks me to consider the beliefs that might be nurturing these seeds:

My life is shaped and formed

by what I tell myself.

The contents of my mind

are what I choose.

I make sure that what I carry

is of my own careful choosing.

The world may not be spinning according to my wishes, but that's irrelevant to what I'm planting in the garden of my mind.

10 hours ago, Amberjune said:

Oh yes, of course. I had backed it on kickstarter as the Majestic Earth Tarot. It reads well for me and I could just sink into the images and travel and revel in serenity. Such beautiful landscapes...

Wishing you a good time with it!

Because it IS the Majestic Earth Tarot...my brain was obviously not caffeinated sufficiently when I was making my new thread, LOL.

Amberjune
On 5/3/2020 at 8:40 PM, VGimlet said:

Because it IS the Majestic Earth Tarot...my brain was obviously not caffeinated sufficiently when I was making my new thread, LOL.

🙂  got it!

I wanted to do this month's Luna group reading with this deck.

We were given a beautiful flowery spread.

But  this deck packs a hell of a realistic punch and so now I do not even know, ifffff I should write up my reading and post it there.....

since there is not a flower in sight, I do not want to spoil the mood of the reading circle.

Majestic Earth was not only pretty, but I found it quite usable - which isn't always the case for art decks.  I found it a very soothing, peaceful deck- just what I needed this week after too many online meetings and people starting to get cabin fever.  

Amberjune

@VGimlet I am glad you had a good time with the Majestic Earth!

Working with the Myths and Mermaid Oracle, I've realized that I do not connect to the art or the messages. I will give it away.

tarot_cat

I've had an interesting experience with one of my weekly decks...I have two horse-themed decks, the oracle Way of the Horse and The Riderless Tarot. I did my deck interview spread with Way of the Horse last week and got that it would be an excellent shadow work deck, but that I needed to be prepared to have my heart ripped out and shown to me if I used it for that (or pretty much anything-- I got that it's the kind of deck that can look directly into you and will tell you exactly what it sees). I did the same interview spread with The Riderless Tarot this week, and it was Cups everywhere-- again, I got that it would be good for shadow work because it will be excellent at digging into my emotions, but that everything would be delivered with an abundance of love and gentleness.

It was so fascinating to me to see these two similarly-themed decks have such different feelings and approaches regarding the same issue.

7 hours ago, Amberjune said:

@VGimlet I am glad you had a good time with the Majestic Earth!

Working with the Myths and Mermaid Oracle, I've realized that I do not connect to the art or the messages. I will give it away.

Sometimes it works that way.   I have thought a few decks would be great, and when I get them - Meh (or worse than Meh, haha).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.