The Bohemian Cards (Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten)

Decan

Can't see a thing on his blog; I don't do facebook... His online catalogue there doesn't show one...

24 minutes ago, gregory said:

Can't see a thing on his blog; I don't do facebook... His online catalogue there doesn't show one...

Yes, the same, I didn’t find anything online, the catalogue was printed and joined to my little parcel.

Never mind, 2021 isn’t ended so we will see if something is announced later in the year.

fire cat pickles

His Facebook is mostly in Italian and is largely historical deck collections.  If someone contacts him it may be best if it's done by someone who speaks Italian in order to explain the situation.  I'm not sure he understands English well enough to fully understand the implication,  judging by the short interactions I've had with him online.

Edited by fire cat pickles

Ah! I found the online catalog (with difficulties)! So I wasn't dreaming!!

I think I didn't explain well what I wanted to say, sorry guys!

Look here on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/154567044605289/

and search the post of May 25th, there is a link to the catalog 2021 (PDF format).

Look at page 19 of the catalogue, the deck is named "the Sybil of Secret 1860", 32 cards in 6 languages with a booklet by Sofya Kuznetsova.

I recognized the card "Message" (with Hermes), emblematic in the Bohemian decks (always depicted like that for what I know). The other cards are also part of these decks (but we also find them in the sibilla italiana. I think it's an old bohemian deck of 32 cards, they are generally like that, with titles in several languages below the image (I can be wrong of course).

Edited by Decan

fire cat pickles
2 hours ago, gregory said:

I can't really say anything because I don't know what we are talking about, like !

I don't know, either. I can't see anything wrong with anything he's said. Is "Sybil" a bad word? He hasn't used the "G" word anywhere in the pdf document.

3 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

I don't know, either. I can't see anything wrong with anything he's said. Is "Sybil" a bad word? He hasn't used the "G" word anywhere in the pdf document.

Absolutely there is no problem about that here, I mentioned this deck here in this thread because  I think it is a bohemian deck, but didn’t know exactly when it will be published this year.

fire cat pickles
4 hours ago, gregory said:

You know - you could also contact Berti and ask him not to name it that way... though I seem to recall him being rather right wing, so maybe not.

This is where my confusion started.

Berti would most probably name a deck exactly how it was originally named historically and would not change it. He reproduces historical decks after all. As was mentioned earlier there should be no problem with this. It would be like insisting that we no longer refer to Negro Spirituals as Negro Spirituals because one finds the word "Negro" itself offensive. Silly.

Berti speaks perfectly decent English. In case anyone does want to ask him anything.

4 hours ago, Decan said:

Ah! I found the online catalog (with difficulties)! So I wasn't dreaming!!

I think I didn't explain well what I wanted to say, sorry guys!

Look here on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/154567044605289/

and search the post of May 25th, there is a link to the catalog 2021 (PDF format).

This post ?

image.png.8257665a7f31ff73adbcb0762f1bf936.png

Um.....

Can you download it?

But yes - looks like a non-issue; I'm just interested.

Edited by gregory

4 hours ago, fire cat pickles said:

This is where my confusion started.

Berti would most probably name a deck exactly how it was originally named historically and would not change it. He reproduces historical decks after all. As was mentioned earlier there should be no problem with this. It would be like insisting that we no longer refer to Negro Spirituals as Negro Spirituals because one finds the word "Negro" itself offensive. Silly.

ACTUALLY (I'm in a choir) we only refer to them as Spirituals these days.

And yes - Berti would give a deck its historical title, and that's probably the right thing to do.

25 minutes ago, gregory said:

ACTUALLY (I'm in a choir) we only refer to them as Spirituals these days.

It's quite easy communicating without slur words. No loss.

25 minutes ago, gregory said:

And yes - Berti would give a deck its historical title, and that's probably the right thing to do.

I'm not sure those are historical titles, but I'll take it.
I think some of them may have been untitled back in the day? Just "Fortune Cards" or similar.

6 hours ago, katrinka said:

There are two - and not a G word to be seen. I can live with that.

Capture.JPG.dff704b7bc723bbd05d0840958034e60.JPG 00.jpg.4c7d11ba57e563b0fd89393e1dd5d866.jpg

Where did you find this?  I want to stay in the loop!  Believe me I've searched...

The facebook post gregory mentioned upthread. They aren't available yet AFAIK.

Edited by katrinka

On 7/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, gregory said:

Can you download it?

But yes - looks like a non-issue; I'm just interested.

Yes, you can open the document with your internet browser or download it, like you want. I'm on Firefox, but when I'm facing something weird a way very simple to solve problems is just to change of internet browser.

ETA: to access it, you need to be connected to a personal account on Facebook too I guess.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:46 PM, katrinka said:

There are two - and not a G word to be seen. I can live with that.

The second one is pretty; at first sight I didn't recognize this family of decks, but it's very possible. I can see Fortuna, Death, the first card on the left is likely Visit.

Edited by Decan

39 minutes ago, Decan said:

The second one is pretty; at first sight I didn't recognize this family of decks, but it's very possible. I can see Fortuna, Death, the first card on the left is likely Visit.

It IS pretty, I noticed that one first.  But on 2nd examination, the first one is so EXPRESSIVE.  

41 minutes ago, katrinka said:

The facebook post gregory mentioned upthread. They aren't available yet AFAIK.

Thank you, I scrolled right on past it, not remembering her date notation  🙃  I'll keep an eye out, though I doubt I can afford him  😊

for archive sake adding these here as well in case someone will provide more info eventually!;)

1st spoted obviously new reproduction on this web: http://etarot.eu/2018.php

12b.jpg

& museum exhibition listing it as Aufschlag Karten Brüder Willner Teplitz

https://zsjesenice.cz/fotogalerie/556-vlastivedne-muzeum-jesenice-karty-osudu-7-9-2012/?albumDetailList-paginator-page=2&albumDetailList-paginator-clicked=1&_fid=4bnd

https://zsjesenice.cz/fotogalerie/556-vlastivedne-muzeum-jesenice-karty-osudu-7-9-2012/?albumDetailList-paginator-page=2&albumDetailList-paginator-clicked=1&_fid=4bnd

fv3jk8a5e4-vlastivedne-muzeum-jesenice-karty-osudu-7-9-2012-16_1170_700_SHRINK_ONLY__85_jpg_.jpg

Edited by reall

7 minutes ago, Smilla said:

And why do everybody want it? 🙂

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's the nicest looking deck of that type.

7 minutes ago, Smilla said:

Is it another form of Bohemian cards?

Yes, The cards match up.

Edited by katrinka

1 minute ago, katrinka said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's the nicest looking deck of that type.

Yes, The cards match up.

Thank you!

Happy to share my review for another cartomancy gem I was happy to find in my fav EU Tarot Shop recently!:)

*il vostro destino by Masenghini combine wahrsage meaning printed in italian on each card & lenormand & sibbila style with playing card insert!:) Note: there is odd symbol on playing cards inserts i was wondering what may be until at closer look it resamble naked lady flying on winged orb?:) lol

it's full 52 playing card Bridge size deck with 4 classic suits: hearts spades diamonds clover representing different areas of life &

court cards deck F-Jack, Dama=Queen & Rei=King represent people!:) whimsy cartoony illustrations full of details are my fav!(: see pic attached!:)

cards are printed on plasticky cardstock similar to Piatnik wahrsage that shuffle well & have that sshwush I like!:)

there is also extra blank card & folded instruction in Italian that gives bare basic intro & suit meaning as well as few spreads all in classic tuckbox!^^

I will share some serious readings later but for now i think this may be my fav Pasians aka Solitaire deck as well!^^ lol

il nostro destino 4suits 1 to10.jpg

il vostro destino 4suit courts.jpg

p.s luv this back design as well!:) it seems to be reversable that would indicate this deck use reversals as well?:)

if anyone know about these cards meaning post please!:)

Edited by reall