Hello

PhoenixRosa

PhoenixRosa

Hi,

I have dabbled with tarot for a little bit but never really got into things. I feel it is ready to learn and study tarot.

Still deciding on a deck but I do have a few at home naming: The Goddess Tarot by Kriss Waldherr, The Book Of Shadows Tarot Volume 1 and Teal Swan Frequency Tarot.

I do think I need a 'regular' deck to start of with but they don't appeal to me.

Maybe some of the experienced tarot reader can give me some advice.

Anyway, I am happy I found this forum so I can learn.

Welcome! There are so many great decks out there. What would you say your style is? Likes/dislikes? 

PhoenixRosa

I am very visual so I have to be drawn to the artwork first and foremost. I am good with animal totems and have the Jamie Sams Medicine cards and the Sacred Path card.

Usually I am drawn to tarot decks that are not the norm, but I do realise I have to start with that. I love the artwork on The Book of Shadows deck.

I am not good when a deck has too many background art and I do lean towards decks that have a book with it.

As I am writing this I am browsing decks and so far I really like the Crow Tarot and the Millennium Thoth.

The crow tarot is fairly traditional so that could be a good option. Maybe the wild unknown? It’s not super traditional yet I find it to be very readable. Another favorite of mine is the Sasuraibito tarot. 

PhoenixRosa

I will look into these decks. What site do you use to look for decks?  And if you would have to recommend one book to start of with, what bok would that be?

5 minutes ago, PhoenixRosa said:

I will look into these decks. What site do you use to look for decks?  And if you would have to recommend one book to start of with, what bok would that be?

Most of these decks are mass produced so maybe amazon? And for indie decks I buy from Little red tarot (UK). If I were to chose one book... how about the New tarot handbook by Rachel Pollack? It’s an easy read but very substantial. And it gives you a good foundation for RWS meanings. One other tip is to check in the site learntarot.com. I loved their free course when I was starting out! 

PhoenixRosa

I use to order at Amazon but have some difficulties with the site right now. Every time I order things I get an email there is something wrong with my credit card, but there is not. The emails I get are not from Amazon. Out of precaution I am looking into another source to get my decks.  I have checked out learn tarot and that looks pretty good to me. Am also ordering Rachel Pollacks book.

Hello @PhoenixRosa welcome to the TT&M Family! With regards to where to buy decks online also depends on where you are located. I love bookdepository , they do have a lot of Tarot Decks. As you are very visual I suggest to check Youtube for unboxing Tarot Decks. Many people will go through the whole deck card by card so you can see if it speaks to you or not.

PhoenixRosa

Hi,

I live in The Netherlands. We do have some shops, but with the Corona and being in the risk group I am not able to go out looking for a deck. I did ordered the Steampunk deck by Barbara Moore 

from a local webshop. I use to have it but lost it during a move. 

I wil have a look at the Book Depository and You Tube!

Thanks!

Edited by PhoenixRosa
Grammar