Notoria LS Kickstarter Live & funded!:)

reall

beautifully designed and they chose the right artist, Listrani is exceptionally talented.

the composition of the deck is complex but altogether accessible IMHO.    

2 hours ago, geoxena said:

Wait a minute - Lo Scarabeo uses Kickstarter to fund decks??!!

yes, and in this case they're very smart to do so considering the ambitious approach to this project.

Conceptually it's brilliant, from both an artistic and marketing viewpoint.       

I just... so what kind of contract does a card creator get if LoS  wants to publish them, if they're going to raise funds on KS just like anybody could?  This makes no sense to me.  I would think an established publishing house would be above needing KS.

Edited by geoxena

5 hours ago, geoxena said:

I just... so what kind of contract does a card creator get if LoS  wants to publish them, if they're going to raise funds on KS just like anybody could?  This makes no sense to me.  I would think an established publishing house would be above needing KS.

Mmm..... I suppose it is a cheap form of guerilla marketing - they have grabbed the attention of tarot community because we are always looking out for what's new, and early adopters are often found lurking in places like Kickstarter. It's a good strategy, but is does kind of cheapen the reputation of the publishing house. That being said, the way the world is changing - this may start becoming the new normal business strategy for publishers. If you can de-risk a new product launch, you do it. But there is a level of redundancy there now - so there must be some sort of benefit to the creator for leveraging off LoS. Very interesting. 

I think it is more of an excuse to charge 80 Euro for a deck. I think a mass market producer would not be able to sell many decks if they suddenly ask for that kind of money (and people might even got very angry, imagine Us game ask you 90USD for a deck), so with this campaign they can avoid the issue, sell thousands of deck in a short time in the name of limited print. They did the same with sola busca tarot and I don't know the exact story but I think after that they continue to publish it as mass market deck and people who paid for the campaign were not very happy and even threaten to sue them back then.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I think they did a book that way also, in their first foray into the kickstarter platform. 

this art is plastic to me, too smooth, no character, but I think that has to do with my age and disinterest in gaming which is what this reminds me of. 

I have zero doubt that any deck LoS does will eventually be available at affordable mass market prices. 

14 hours ago, Papageno said:

yes, and in this case they're very smart to do so considering the ambitious approach to this project.

Conceptually it's brilliant, from both an artistic and marketing viewpoint.       

Exactly!:)

14 hours ago, geoxena said:

it makes perfect sense!:) it's their own artist they have long & good collaboration so I'm sure it's a win win for Everyone as Artist can focus & do his job/art without worrying & waiting his time on marketing, promotion, planning finance,dealing with printer, shipping, charges, money transfers , costumer service etc,

& LS can do their job all mentioned above & go directly to buyers prior to investment it saves them money & enable to offer more value for less $ imo with all extra perks it would easy go above 80& up to 120$mpc?:) but ks saves them risk & extra shipping storage work etc & gives best insight in demand so nothing is lost imo it's eco friendlier!:)

8 hours ago, Grace said:

Mmm..... I suppose it is a cheap form of guerilla marketing - they have grabbed the attention of tarot community because we are always looking out for what's new, and early adopters are often found lurking in places like Kickstarter. It's a good strategy, but is does kind of cheapen the reputation of the publishing house. That being said, the way the world is changing - this may start becoming the new normal business strategy for publishers. If you can de-risk a new product launch, you do it. But there is a level of redundancy there now - so there must be some sort of benefit to the creator for leveraging off LoS. Very interesting. 

agree! I wonder when fashion industry will do same?:)

19 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

I think they did a book that way also, in their first foray into the kickstarter platform. 

this art is plastic to me, too smooth, no character, but I think that has to do with my age and disinterest in gaming which is what this reminds me of. 

I have zero doubt that any deck LoS does will eventually be available at affordable mass market prices. 

also agree!:) But it will standard value & no extra perks!(similar to Visconti Modrone i think!:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.