Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 152 : June 6 - June 12

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Normal Tarot

2. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Enchanted Spell Oracle

3. Mi-Shell -Faery Wicca & The Celtic Wisdom Tarot

4. Amberjune - Literary Witches Oracle and the adorable Playful Heart Tarot

5. Bodhiseed - Tarot of Pagan Cats (mini) and Brownie Wisdom cards

6. Madame Squee - Playing Marseille

(462)

Edited by VGimlet

I'm moving on to the Normal Tarot this week.   Even though things are not remotely normal.

Looks like some staff are being allowed back into the library - staff only for now, and no patrons.   I can do most of my work from home, since the primary duty of my job is working with the public, and since they won't be there for who knows how long- I'm lucky that I can help people through online chat and email.  

AJ-ish/Sharyn

we will be camping next week, so need to use one of my decks I have scanned into the computer. I've enjoyed Raggdydolls work with the Enchanted Spell Oracle, so choose that one. Thank you VG

As mentioned in our thread from last week I will give the Faery Wicca another try - as a study object,

but my daily draws will be done with The Celtic Wisdom Tarot.

I will be working with two newer decks: the Literary Witches Oracle by Taisia Kitaiskaia and Katy Horan, and the adorable Playful Heart Tarot by Kittenchops.

Happy readings everyone 🙂

This week I'll be using Lo Scarabeo's Tarot of Pagan Cats (mini) with booklet by Barbara Moore and art by Lola Airaghi. Paired with it will be Brownie Wisdom, the smaller deck included with The Brownies Oracle created and self-published by Doug Thornsjo. Today's draws are the Nine of Swords and 'Cheerful Heart:'

nine%2Bof%2Bswords.jpgcheerful%2Bheart_0002.jpg

The back leg shake of this cat reminds me of our youngest cat whose curiosity makes her paw at (and get stuck to) pieces of tape when I'm wrapping a gift. Worry and regret can be hard to shake, especially if the mind keeps replaying the experience over and over again. But history can't be erased or rewound, I can only do what I can in the present. The Brownie's wisdom points out that unfulfilled expectations can be a cause of regret or resentment. As the sage Shantideva teaches, "Whatever joy there is in this world all comes from desiring others to be happy. And whatever suffering there is in this world all comes from desiring myself to be happy." When it's all about me, there will always be something to be bothered about.

If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry. ~Dalai Lama

Edited by Bodhiseed

Madame Squee

Thank you for the thread, VG.🌻 I 'm looking forward to your assessment of the Normal Tarot. It tempts me.:bubble_blove:

I'm in with Playing Marseille (by Ryan Edward). It just arrived. When I ordered it, there were about 60 seconds between my discovery of the deck and completion of the order. I had to have it for two reasons: Marseille pattern and French suits. Now that I've looked inside the box, I can add bridge size to that list of attributes. Also, in addition to card descriptions, meanings, and a thumbnail color image of each card, the well-written LWB covers a "heydgewytch" or "cunning folk" method of interpreting the pips. In combination with the French suits, the instruction reminds me of learning to read playing cards. Good stuff!

Playing Marseille.JPG

Madame Squee
On 6/6/2020 at 11:51 AM, Amberjune said:

I will be working with two newer decks: the Literary Witches Oracle by Taisia Kitaiskaia and Katy Horan, and the adorable Playful Heart Tarot by Kittenchops.

Happy readings everyone 🙂

Can't wait to hear about them! I've been very interested in the Literary Witches Oracle. I haven't seen the Playful Heart Tarot yet. 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:02 AM, Mi-Shell said:

As mentioned in our thread from last week I will give the Faery Wicca another try - as a study object,

but my daily draws will be done with The Celtic Wisdom Tarot.

Ahhh, the Celtic Wisdom Tarot... I've regretted letting mine go every time I think about it. Well, they find their way to the hands meant to use them.

@Bodhiseed I went back just now and reread your reading. Spot on as usual. Thank you for it. 

@AJ-ish/Sharyn Camping sounds so exciting!! It has been a long time for me. Do you do the cooking?

@Madame Squee!

The Celtic Wisdom is a very beautiful borderless deck. 

I also love the backs!

When I had just come out I worked with it for almost 6 months, also studying all the legends and Celtic gods and goddesses that inhabit the deck. 

In the old Faieie Wicca Tarot the Irish gods and goddesses and all the Irish lore is front and center and old texts are translated and are in full lengths in the book.

AJ-ish/Sharyn
11 hours ago, Madame Squee said:

@AJ-ish/Sharyn Camping sounds so exciting!! It has been a long time for me. Do you do the cooking?

No, Rob took over 99% of the cooking when he retired a few years ago, I do all the clean up, a happy melding of duties. Camping is a relative term 🙂 We both grew up in camping families, but it meant blankets on the ground. Because we had very few vacations during our marriage, we bought a 5th wheel trailer at retirement and have and have had about twelve thousand wonderful miles of easy camping so far. This week we are staying near the family cemetery so I can take care of the family plot, months late because of the travel restrictions, closed parks, closed cemeteries...you know. Of course I'm set up for sewing 🙂 I threw out the recliner chairs to make the space. And fields of little Bellis daisies and buttercup. 

bellis dasies FRiends Landing June 8 2020.jpg

Friends Landing May 8 2020.jpg

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

How very nice to see your digs on wheels. @AJ-ish/Sharyn!

As you know, we have a small motor home as well; the Turtle 🙂🐢

No extra table for sowing, we just have 19 feet, but I do have a little corner with my shaman stuff and several Tarot decks.

Madame Squee

@AJ-ish/Sharyn Thank you for the photos!! Such beautiful country!!! That's a fabulous set up in your fifth wheel (the only way to camp in my opinion). Last time I camped was in 2000 in a tent for 2 weeks in Yellowstone. I had fun, but that was 20 years ago, and I also remember the exquisite relief of arriving back home. I am so happy you have a cooking husband! Makes more time to sew and read cards!

Madame Squee
14 hours ago, Mi-Shell said:

@Madame Squee!

The Celtic Wisdom is a very beautiful borderless deck. 

I also love the backs!

When I had just come out I worked with it for almost 6 months, also studying all the legends and Celtic gods and goddesses that inhabit the deck. 

In the old Faieie Wicca Tarot the Irish gods and goddesses and all the Irish lore is front and center and old texts are translated and are in full lengths in the book.

@Mi-Shell I've always admired how you dig in to study and compare your cards. I especially appreciate that you share your findings!

Nice place AJ!  

Sorry I was so late adding you to the list Madame Squee - work from home has been busy - some of the staff are back in the library getting ready for curbsite service to start (it will be awhile still) so my work from home tasks got a little more intense.  

I like the Normal Tarot - it's an interesting deck, and the suites are by season, and then the courts take a kind if interesting path - Kings are all kind of renamed - Winter King, Drowning King, Suicide King, etc....I will be adding it to my list to use for a month at some point...

@Madame Squee I like the Literary Witches Oracle. One thing that surprised me was that it is comprised of 30 cards of writers and another 40 that depict an item, place, or being. I don’t mind that at all.

the Playful Heart is cute in the best way!

79B7AD37-0561-4C13-AE24-6786726F3267.jpeg.99b7576e10eb8948efce55a1f05fa079.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.f6141d5abd6360938dfd99d5c31b4e3b.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.