Qabalah for Beginners?

tarotlovely

tarotlovely

Does anyone have any resources for learning about Qabalah for beginners? I have Robert Wang's The Qabalistic Tarot, but I was hoping to find something a bit simpler so I can wrap my mind around the basics before I delve into the deep stuff.

@Rose Lalonde posted this great resource:

https://nofaithinthehumanrace.com

As a newbie to Qabalah myself, I recently took an on-line course via WitchLab.com

The website of the teacher is here:

https://www.circulos-matrem.com/?lightbox=dataItem-jrcp2irw

Under 'studies' you can find some resources.

As far as books, I can recommend a couple:

'A Garden of Pomegranites' by Israel Redgardie

And

'The Essential Kabbalah' by Daniel C. Matt

That last one is a great spiritual counter balance to the more 'practical' guides out there.

I began a long time ago with Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah, William Gray's Ladder of Lights, Gareth Knights Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism, Israel Regardie's Tree of Life, Frater Achad's QBL, Franz Bardon's Key to the True Qabalah and the entire multi-year BOTA course of study. Trying to find a simple treatment of a difficult subject is challenging. Lon Milo DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford is supposed to have a lighter touch but I haven't read it.

30 minutes ago, Barleywine said:

I began a long time ago with Dion Fortune's Mystical Qabalah, William Gray's Ladder of Lights, Gareth Knights Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism, Israel Regardie's Tree of Life, Frater Achad's QBL, Franz Bardon's Key to the True Qabalah and the entire multi-year BOTA course of study. Trying to find a simple treatment of a difficult subject is challenging. Lon Milo DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford is supposed to have a lighter touch but I haven't read it.

I have; it does.

I have a favorite site for this which I’ll link here. 

This may be a little bit particular to my tastes , but you might give it a try and see if you like it. 

I like to see a lot of the symbolism/correspondences all in one place & this site does a good job of that imo. My go-to for going on 5 years now. 

The original site was down last year , but it’s archived in full. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20170928133220/http://www.qabalah.dk/paths.html

On 6/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, Barleywine said:

That is pretty much the book list I started with too.  Lon Milo DuQuette's Chicken Qabalah is most definitely gentle and funny but written by one of the most respected scholar-magicians of the modern era.   What helped me the most in learning the KBL/QBL back in the 1990s is that I had a study partner.  I had already been a tarot reader and neo-pagan for a decade; my study partner introduced me into Hermetic magick and the KBL/QBL.   We worked with both BOTA course-work (more my thing) and with some Thelema stuff and the Thoth deck (more his).  We talked for hours about once a week in a coffee shop, had pictures and notebooks. 

Israel Regardie was in the 1990s my favorite of the authors mentioned above.  His work helped me understand others better.