Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 154 : June 20 - June 26

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Hush Tarot

2. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Wild Moon Lunar Phase

3. Mi-Shell - Medicine Cards and the Native American Tarot

4. Bodhiseed - New Era Elements Tarot paired with the Tao Oracle

5. Venus Rising - Gilded Tarot Royale

6. Moonbear - Giants Tarot

7. Amberjune -Devas of Creation and Fifth Tarot

8. Sace - Cat Tarot

(464)

Edited by VGimlet

Although the color version of the Mythical Creatures is bee-you-ti-ful, I am moving on to the Hush Tarot for the coming week.  

Hope everyone is doing well, and staying healthy as most places have started opening up.   I'm continuing to work from home for now, and may be doing so for a while longer, as the primary focus of doing my job is assisting patrons face to face, and that won't happen until phase 3, and will be limited at best.   I may go in one day a week to help as they get curbside pick up going, we'll see.

The Summer Solstice is also National Aboriginal Day in Canada and the US. 

Normally there are a lot of ceremonies and I have school appearances  and other engagements. 

This year there is a Zoom thing going on for me, where I have been asked to give ~~ 15 to 20 minute readings for the people on the res.

All the time slots are filled for Saturday and Sunday.

As always I will be using the Medicine Cards and the Native American Tarot.

Venus Rising
On 6/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

wild medicine herbal deck for me, thank you VG

And welcome Litha ~ 

Blessings of Litha to you, @AJ-ish/Sharyn 🌿🌻🌄

I’m going to work with the Gilded Tarot Royale this week, thank you VG 🙂

As i only have 2 decks atm and my Giants Tarot came with the mail today I will be using the Giants Tarot To get Acquainted with this lovely Deck

I am pretty stressed out at the moment that’s also the reason why I have been quiet in the forums the past days because I’m moving in to my partners place and there’s so much to do and things are taking much longer than expected

Edited by MoonBear

This week I will work with the Devas of Creation by Cilla Conway, a deck I enjoy working with a lot and the

Fifth Tarot by Teressena and Martien Bakens, a very new addition to my collection.

Happy Solstice & Eclipse!

This week I'll be using the New Era Elements Tarot, created by Eleonore Pieper and published by U.S. Games. I'll also be using the Tao Oracle, created by Ma Deva Padma and published by St. Martin's Press. Today's draws are Death and Resoluteness:

death.jpgresoluteness_0002.jpg

In the end

these things matter most:

How well did you love?

How fully did you live?

How deeply did you let go?”

― Jack Kornfield

Birth, aging, sickness, and death are natural laws, not retributive justice. That which dies decomposes and fertilizes the soil to make way for new life. Instead of worrying about what may come, Kornfield reminds me to focus on the actions and attitude I have now, which are the patterns that will pave the road to my future. Hexagram 43 (Resoluteness) is illustrated with a painting of Bodhidharma, a sage who carried the teachings of Buddha from India across the Himalayas to China, arriving around 520 CE. His journey portrayed the tenacity and integrity that is possible when we are deeply rooted in something worthwhile. I often have days when I feel like a Roomba that is stuck bumping against a wall and then loses its charge.  Kornfield would likely tell me to let things be and focus on loving and living; things will change.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

welcome MoonBear!

VG, I don't know what I was thinking, I'm using the Wild Moon Lunar Phase deck, for the rest of this lunar cycle in fact. 

It's by the same artist as the Wild Herbal. The actual artist isn't credited with either deck that I can find, the whole Tamed Wild site seems to be pretty stuff from a number of sources. 

I am so new when it comes to Tarot. I am not sure if I should post here since I am really only at the very beginning stage (like, still learning about history of Tarot/the cards themselves.) It's been less than a month since I started learning. I am still having to look up everything. I've already acquired several (read-too many) decks. Probably not a wise move. 

Anyhoodle, the deck that I've connected most with is Cat Tarot by Megan Lynn Kott. They really seem to speak to me despite not following very closely to the Rider-Smith or Marseille traditions (at least that I can tell.) I'll be using it for my daily draw and working through Tarot For Yourself. 

Edited by Sace

Welcome Venus Rising, Moonbear and Sace!     Come in in to the DOTW pool, the water is fine! 

Since you are all new to this thread even if you've visited before, I will just say this is the no rules thread - you can talk as much as you want, or not at all (some weeks it even takes me a while to get the thread caught up if I'm busy)   but there aren't any rules - use whatever deck you like - tarot or oracle.  If you decide a deck is not for you, it's fine to switch.   The dates are also yours to play with - I don't even remember why we started on Saturday and ended on Friday anymore - but there you go.    This is OUR thread, and we can do what we wanna, LOL.    No one is too much of a beginner here, we are all-inclusive package.      

I usually post the new thread on Thursday or Friday, depending on how busy I am IRL,   Okay, what did I forget?    😉   I think that's everything. 

21 minutes ago, VGimlet said:

Welcome Venus Rising, Moonbear and Sace!     Come in in to the DOTW pool, the water is fine! 

Since you are all new to this thread even if you've visited before, I will just say this is the no rules thread... This is OUR thread, and we can do what we wanna, LOL.  

This is definitely my kind of place then 😁

So today finally I had the time to work with the Giants Tarot 

first I did a daily draw then I asked some questions for me it was not easy likewith the lenormand I just sat there and the symbols immediately spoke to me but with this tarot deck The images are beautiful but I couldn’t gain much information concerning my questions from the short text to each card in the guidebook

but when i started to use other interpretations of other websites i began to piece things together and it was easier 

This is the Daily Draw

Spirit the Star I see Guidance, inspiration Clarity 

Mind SIx of coins is about balance giving and taking For me its about balancing what i give as mental and verbal imput etc 

Body Justice its about learning from Suffering that it will turn out for the best in the long run 

742D3B3F-8976-41B0-A6A8-DA60DFC2297E.jpeg

Edited by MoonBear

OK, I actually used the Ethereal Visons deck today and pulled the Page of Pentacles (reversed). The imagery on that reminded me of someone turned in on themselves and closed off to the outside (I'm not sure how to add images.) 

I've only done 4 daily draws. I've gotten two cups and 2 Pentacles and all from the minor arcana. None from the major. 

Edited by Sace

Holy Smokes!

Over the weekend I did over 40 readings via Zoom. All my sitters were Native American, most wanted Their Medicine Cards for the Solstice. 

Years ago, into my deck  I added all the Sacred Plants and Herbs and a few more significant Animals, which always is appreciated.  

Some sitters had their own cards and even drew cards from their deck and we interpreted together.

It was fun! 🙂

.... but today I am kind of hoarse and live on losinges to sooth my voice.

Venus Rising
8 hours ago, VGimlet said:

Since you are all new to this thread even if you've visited before, I will just say this is the no rules thread - you can talk as much as you want, or not at all (some weeks it even takes me a while to get the thread caught up if I'm busy)   but there aren't any rules - use whatever deck you like - tarot or oracle.  If you decide a deck is not for you, it's fine to switch.   The dates are also yours to play with - I don't even remember why we started on Saturday and ended on Friday anymore - but there you go.    This is OUR thread, and we can do what we wanna, LOL.    No one is too much of a beginner here, we are all-inclusive package.      

I usually post the new thread on Thursday or Friday, depending on how busy I am IRL,   Okay, what did I forget?    😉   I think that's everything. 

7 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

So happy to see the DoW group growing - a warm welcome to Venus Rising, Moonbear, and Sace! 🌻🦋

Thank you for the warm welcome @VGimlet and @Bodhiseed  🥰 I’m looking forward to participating.  I like the ‘rules’ lol 👍😊

Edited by Venus Rising
Removed extra word

Though I really appreciate the art work in the Fifth Tarot, I am not feeling super connected to it, no sparks flying for now...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.