VGimlet

Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 155 : June 27 - July 3

VGimlet
Posted (edited)

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!      The only rules we have are the Tarot Tea & Me rules; be respectful to each other.    

You can drop in and out time and real life permitting.   New to tarot?  Long time reader?   Come on in.  

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Edmund Dulac Tarot

2. Sace - Pagan Cats Tarot

3. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Wild Moon Lunar Phase Deck

4. Amberjune - Sacred Power Reading Cards by Anna Stark and the Tarot of Vampyres

5. Bodhiseed- Druidcraft Tarot and the Druid Plant and Animal Oracles

6. Flaxen - Spirit Keepers Deck paired with The Arboridium oracle

7. Mi-Shell - African American Tarot

(465)

Edited by VGimlet

VGimlet

Moving on the the Edmund Dulac tarot this week.  

Just got the word it's going to be all hands on deck when we begin curbside pick up at the libraries, because we don't have quite enough staff to do what is required, so everyone is going to have to be part of it.  So starting July 7 I'll be back in the library at least 3 days a week.    We have heard horror stories about it from other library systems.  Honestly, don't know how I'm going to do with something that has been called "extremely physically taxing".   Not to mention being a bus commuter, and having a 3 hour commute to work 5 hours, and then required to make up 2.5 more hours somewhere during that day.   Doesn't that sound fun?   But I shouldn't complain, I HAVE a job, and right now that's something.   And only 5 or 7 more years before I retire.   It will be fine, right? 

Sace
Posted (edited)

@VGimlet I'm sure it will be fine. Just be extra gentle with yourself 🙂

I plan on using my Pagan Cats mini deck this week...as well as actually posting a little more. 

Edited by Sace

AJ-ish/Sharyn

a brave new world, right VG? You can do this!! I'm thinking check-outs must be limited in number per person? SO many things to think about, I was listening to a conversation about kids in school this fall re: masks. Never having had kids the pros and mostly cons were so interesting. 

The world-wide eye study I'm in wants me to fly down to Salt Lake City again for tests, I had an experimental implant in November. No way am I flying. Just. No. Because I can't depend on other people to use common sense. 

anyway, Wild Moon Lunar Phase deck again for me, I'll be using it all this moon phase, I'm up to 2nd day waxing crescent 🙂 

VGimlet
9 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

The world-wide eye study I'm in wants me to fly down to Salt Lake City again for tests, I had an experimental implant in November. No way am I flying. Just. No. Because I can't depend on other people to use common sense.

Sounds like a road trip to me!    I get the no-flying part though.    I have quite a few masks, and I've been ordering more ) I don't sew, ew!  LOL.   Preparing for back-to work.   We are all trying to social distance even without patrons,  so it will be interesting to see how it works.   Guess I better think of snacks to take to work, because they don't want us eating there either.   (Only 5 hour shifts to start....)   A new world indeed.       I hardly ever talk about my deck Sace.   Not that I don't want to - I just get busy and suddenly it's time to start the new thread,.  ⌛

Amberjune

This week I'll be using the Sacred Power Reading Cards by Anna Stark and the Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels, an oldie and goodie! 🙂

Happy week everybody!

Bodhiseed
On 6/25/2020 at 10:21 PM, VGimlet said:

Moving on the the Edmund Dulac tarot this week.  

Just got the word it's going to be all hands on deck when we begin curbside pick up at the libraries, because we don't have quite enough staff to do what is required, so everyone is going to have to be part of it.  So starting July 7 I'll be back in the library at least 3 days a week.    We have heard horror stories about it from other library systems.  Honestly, don't know how I'm going to do with something that has been called "extremely physically taxing".   Not to mention being a bus commuter, and having a 3 hour commute to work 5 hours, and then required to make up 2.5 more hours somewhere during that day.   Doesn't that sound fun?   But I shouldn't complain, I HAVE a job, and right now that's something.   And only 5 or 7 more years before I retire.   It will be fine, right? 

If it goes like my daughter's library (now open, but did curbside for three weeks), the first week will feel insane because everyone will be trying to learn a new way of doing things. But, once people think of it like a factory production, things will run much smoother. Sending a hug and some extra energy and equanimity your way! :animated-smileys-hug-002:

I'm in this week with the Druidcraft Tarot paired with a combination of the Druid Plant and Animal Oracles. I've got to go check on my mom and so will be out of town for a few days without a deck or computer, so I won't get to use them until later in the week.

22 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

a brave new world, right VG? You can do this!! I'm thinking check-outs must be limited in number per person? SO many things to think about, I was listening to a conversation about kids in school this fall re: masks. Never having had kids the pros and mostly cons were so interesting. 

anyway, Wild Moon Lunar Phase deck again for me, I'll be using it all this moon phase, I'm up to 2nd day waxing crescent 🙂 

Glad you got in the study but happy you are using your common sense as so many others aren't! 💚

Flaxen

Is it ok if I join in? I’m working through the ‘30 days with the Moon’ spreads and am using a different pair of decks each week. Last week was the Spirit Keeper’s + Sheridan Douglas. 

This week I’ll be using the Spirit Keeper’s again but paired with the Wild Unknown Archetypes. The latter is a new deck to me and I’ll be interested to see how it reads. 

Mi-Shell

Hi @Flaxen !♥

What an honor to have you with us! ♥

This week I will be back with the African American Tarot. 

It is very interesting, as the cards have 2 images: One of Deity or Spirit revered among a certain African Culture and the minors 2 to 10 also have a sepia insert of an important person in African American history - like Louis Armstrong  seen in the background of the 3 of cups that features MbabaMwana Waresa, Zulu goddess of the harvest and also beer! 🧺🍶 

Here I have a lot to learn, who is who and especially why they are paired together on a certain card.

I just wish, Lo Scarabeo would have more information in its little LWB - instead of the same meager info in 5 languages.

I really do like this review of the deck, especially the last paragraph:

https://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/24379

594680257_AfricanAmericanTarot.jpg.93ddc13a7f7280c426d422925bec28c5.jpg

Sace

I'm just sharing an image of the deck I'm using this week. I'm sure everyone is familiar with it. As you can see, the mini deck is definitely mini. I really love the imagery of this deck though so I will be purchasing a full sized version (properly vetted and confirmed genuine, not counterfeit 😁

20200626_092140.thumb.jpg.087880ac3383ae66d5e79ac257ff726a.jpg

Flaxen

The Pagan Cats is a great deck @Sace. It’s very easy to read with and has some really lovely imagery. 

Change of plan with my chosen decks - Wild Unknown Archetypes is delayed in the post so I’ve switched to The Arboridium oracle for this week. 

Sace

@Flaxen, I just figured out today why it speaks to me. My own little cat is the High Priestess! 1028106968_Collage2020-06-2908_27_12.thumb.jpg.d1503ba53c52b9297ee660317d795ee4.jpg

Perhaps as beginner I should have gone with RWS or a variation that sticks closely to it, but I just can't resist these cats. The imagery is pretty close, but as a newbie the imagery on some cards seems to be very different than the books I'm studying. 

Bodhiseed

This week I'll be using three decks, all created by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm and illustrated by Will Worthington. The Druidcraft Tarot and the Druid Plant Oracle were published by Connections; the Druid Animal Oracle was published by St. Martin's Press. I've combined the two oracles and will be using them as one deck. Today's draws are the Three of Cups and Poppy:

3%2Bcups.jpgpoppy_0002.jpg

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

~ Lt. Col. John McCrae

The Three of Cups is a card celebrating friendship, connection, and camaraderie. Every summer my cousins and I gather at my mom's house to relax, have fun, and enjoy each other's company. We weren't sure what to do this year, but after getting tested for Covid-19 in advance, we felt it would be safe to gather. The isolation we'd endured beforehand only seemed to make our get-together a gift to be treasured more than usual. The Poppy became a symbol of remembrance as a result of Canadian surgeon John McCrae's poem. Serving the Allies in World War I, McCrae was struck by the bright poppy blooms on the broken ground where so many soldiers had fallen and penned "In Flander's Field." The poppy flower is a reminder of the transience of life and encourages me to love and appreciate those around me while I have the opportunity.