Dame Fortune’s Wheel Tarot

Good evening all!

I recently felt the itch to get back into more historic decks and stumbled across this deck. I did search the forum but it doesn’t seem to have had much discussion in its own right. 

It’s not *technically* a TdM but the author has aimed to delve into the history of tarot in creating it (ie pre Golden Dawn interpretations). I absolutely love the art style and consistent colour coding of the suits (even though the choice of fiery red for Swords and deep blue for Batons seems unusual, it actually works for me somehow, even though the Batons are still about willpower and so, fire!)

I only just received the deck and its companion Pictorial Key book today but so far I am loving poring over it. The art reminds me so much of stained glass windows and the cards seem to lend themselves well to the kind of storytelling style I love so much about TdM readings. 

I really like the pairing of the suits with their playing card equivalents. The pip card meanings of course are somewhat different to the systems I’m more familiar with and I think it’ll be great fun getting to know this deck.

@Flaxen, @Barleywine - I have seen you both mention this deck in past threads. Are you still using it? Any words of advice for an Etteilla newbie?

I’d love to hear about anyone’s experiences with this deck!

Best wishes

Dawn

Dame Fortune’s Wheel is a great deck @Albadawn. When I started using it, I found it helpful to focus on it exclusively for a couple of months.

Like you, I loved the art style and the meanings were quite easy to pick up. Once I’ve finished the ‘30 days of working with the Moon’, I’ll gladly pick it up again if you wanted to exchange readings for practice. 

3 hours ago, Flaxen said:

Dame Fortune’s Wheel is a great deck @Albadawn. When I started using it, I found it helpful to focus on it exclusively for a couple of months.

Like you, I loved the art style and the meanings were quite easy to pick up. Once I’ve finished the ‘30 days of working with the Moon’, I’ll gladly pick it up again if you wanted to exchange readings for practice. 

That's a most kind offer @Flaxen and I'd be delighted to practice with you! I'll be studying it closely for a while I think, there are so many layers of depth to it which far exceeded my expectations. I'm really excited to work with it! Most likely I will start up a new section in my journal on here with reflections etc. 🙂

Papageno
14 hours ago, Albadawn said:

It’s not *technically* a TdM but the author has aimed to delve into the history of tarot in creating it (ie pre Golden Dawn interpretations). I absolutely love the art style......

Thank you so much for bringing this deck to my attention. It's definitely an overlooked GEM!

No, it's definitely not a TdM, and I too love the art.

Regarding the art, take a very close look at some of the cards.........don't some of them look familiar? 

ummmmmm, no, not stained glass windows