Skip to content

Golden Tarot of Marseille

Featured Replies

Is this for real? It seems like Lo Scarabeo is finally going to add another denizen to its metallic decks line. And finally - it's a Marseille! It's going to be a Claude Burdel richly foiled with gold. It doesn't have pics yet, but this seems to be a definite go since aside from Amazon US, it's also listed in their Italian and Japanese sites, along with Book Depository.

 

If this is anything like their Visconti Tarots or their Golden Tarot of Klimt, I'm definitely going to grab this once it goes out in the market. It has a release date of July 25, 2018, so let's see. I can't wait!

Yikes. :o And here I thought I didn't need any more metallic decks...

  • Author

IKR? ;D I have always wondered why LoS didn't include a Marseille in their foiled decks line and now here it is! I won't really count their metallic Visconti Tarots as a Marseille even if it has pips since it definitely precedes the oldest Marseille that I know of. It also has a very different aesthetic, so yeah. I have it tho, and it's oh so gorgeous.

IT. NEVER. ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o

  • Author

IT. NEVER. ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o

 

* cue evil laughter *

 

If it won't for me, it shan't for you too. ;D 8)

  • Author

More updates:

 

9788865275283.jpg

 

The line art has been restored from the original xylography made by Claude Burdel in 1751. The colours have been restored to the original brilliance and the cards have been enhanced with full gold impressions on every Arcana. This deck is the richest and most precious Marseille deck ever. With revised instructions and graphics.

 

78 fully-colored cards with gold foil impressions & instructions.

  • Author

ISBN: 9788865275283

Size: 66mm X 120mm

 

The description in the previous post was so sumptuous it made my mouth water. All that gold, and on a Burdel! I wonder how the cards would actually be like tho. One thing's for sure - I'd need this deck to light my foray into the Marseille system.

 

The deck is set to be released on either June or July 2018.

 

  • Author

Additional images:

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%201.jpg

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%202.jpg

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%203.jpg

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%204.jpg

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%205.jpg

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%206.jpg

 

EX238%20-%20Tarot%20of%20Marseille%20Golden%207.jpg

Oooh!!! I totally agree on the sumptuous part ;D

  • Author

Finally, pics of the actual cards themselves. The foil is almost mirror-like in its clarity. And the colors are so bold and vivid. Yup, it's a sure-buy for yours truly:

 

28795901_1700395583316728_1981613937606186490_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=4c26bc3477836131ac6e490c7699cd41&oe=5B2E21E8

 

29365651_1710006452355641_1504326438126687546_n.jpg?oh=b6f69b4b0d5efa2238e717a93f89fae2&oe=5B395475

*banging head against wall* IT... JUST... NEVER... ENDS!!!!!!

*banging head against wall* IT... JUST... NEVER... ENDS!!!!!!

 

My feelings exactly. :o :o :o

  • Author

I knew you both would get caught in my net, FLiz and DM. >:D

So what do you think the after pre-order price will be?  It doesn't ship till July. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.