3-card spread (past, present & future)

djat1984

Hello,

Anyone else like smaller spreads over big ones? I really enjoy performing the 3-card spread (past, present, and future) on my clients as it gives me a good overview without being too specific and become lost in endless details. Also, I find it so much easier to consolidate the 3 cards at the end of a reading.

I have learnt with time that you can get so much with using minimal cards, sometimes a lot of cards makes everything more confusing and you can get so much from less cards. PPF spreads are perfect for a general overview. My go to spread is just 3 cards with no positional meanings but sometimes positions give a reading more clarity than my usual freehand method. Sometimes large readings are great to work out a problem as well. What suits the reading and question changes but 3 card spreads are really quite powerful 🙂

I am big on single cards, myself. But I also like 3 card spreads - especially "yes if/no unless/maybe if" (Courtesy of James Ricklef)

I TOTALLY agree about the confusion that comes from large spreads - and also when "clarifiers" are added.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.