Skip to content

Wanna See a Really Cool TdM?

Featured Replies

 

3B9AB7FB-EC84-46FF-A4D0-D11428DD8E50.jpeg


It's Ben Gross's Tarot de Rivesaltes, based on the Pierre Payan 1713 deck. The paintings were made with ceramic paint and porcelin on canvas. The image on the box with has a ceramic-like texture and lustre, and the black lines are raised.
 

3528AF6C-288A-45D0-BD55-E60936FD0660.jpeg

 

The box is truly deluxe, with a magnetic closure and velvet lining. 

 

B2149F7C-9D1D-4F94-B621-31142FA44B39.jpeg

 

The colors are so lovely, so rich and varied. 

 

30AEF976-9E7F-4C04-B518-2B4D975891CF.jpeg

 

The border colors on the minors darken and become more intense as the suit progresses.

 

EADA3053-E6ED-452E-B6F4-94737C533AAF.jpeg

 

Pretty pips!

 

AE64A8B8-ACAB-4639-B379-691C4B6CBC1C.jpeg

 

The Hermit and The Moon are two of my favorite cards in the deck. The Hermit's robe looks so rich and real and warm, like you could snuggle right into it. The face of The Moon is cooly engaging, and the colors and mosaic-like pattern of the water are captivating.

 

When I first got it, about a week ago, I thought the deck would mostly be for show, but no, she talks!

 

The deck is available from the artist’s site and Tarot Heritage, and there’s a good walkthrough on YouTube. (Don’t see the link on Tarot Heritage right now, but it was there a few hours agao.)

 

Edited by BradGad

It's beautiful and interesting, with those borders, unusual for a TdM. I love the colours too.

Wow, this and the Tarot des Ambiguïtés both have me TEMPTED. I don't really need another TdM...but...

@BradGadas you said to me earlier today elsewhere in the forum, "Ooooo... putting that right on the wishlist!"!

10 hours ago, Niobium said:

Wow, this and the Tarot des Ambiguïtés both have me TEMPTED. I don't really need another TdM...but...

 

I have the Ambiguïtés - but this one is too dear for me these days. It is rather lovely, thoigh.

That is a lovely deck! One to go on my wish list. 

It looks beautiful. I like the coloured borders n the minors. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.