Skip to content

My Website

Featured Replies

Just posting to say if you choose to check out my website link in my signature, the website is being renovated and I have to re-learn how to work the website builder thing they have.  Just be patient and in time, it will be up-to-date. At the moment I'm getting ready to move to a different place in this RV park so I'll probably be slow in working on the website for the rest of this month.

  • Author

Okay, the move to the new place is pretty much done, but we're very slow at getting everything unpacked and put away. I wanted to do Christmas first.   I still haven't gotten anything done on the website.   They've updated their website builder and I haven't tried to use it since then.  

On 12/26/2025 at 6:09 PM, Grizabella said:

... I still haven't gotten anything done on the website.   They've updated their website builder and I haven't tried to use it since then.  

Ah! The dreaded updates.

Actually I was pretty happy with the Squarespace updates even tho it was a huge job re-doing my full site.

I visited your site and saw the lovely bags and beads and whatnot you make.

Are you still in that 5th wheel RV? I have read your posts and had the feeling you moved into a mobile or something?

 

I read your blog on tarot for shadow work. I suppose I take a broader approach to what I might call "shadow topics".

I made a video about top 10 decks for shadow work which I think I am allowed to include here as it's the Promotions forum. 

Anyway, something to do if you getreally bored on these winter days 😉 

It mentions some areas I consider as "shadow topics" that are a bit broader in scope.

 

Happy New Year

Edited by Misterei

  • Author

Yes, I moved into an actual mobile that's been built onto so I have 2 roomy covered porches, a couple of extra small rooms to use for an art room for each of us to have our own art space because we both are artists and very crafty. We each have a bedroom of our own at opposite ends of the house and she uses the back door for her "front door" and then I use the front door.

Yes, I still do the beadwork and Native American type bags and things but not as much as I used to. I raised 4 kids who had a dead beat dad and that was extremely hard so I had to work and also find whatever ways I could to make ends meet. That's how I discovered I could do art work. Then, years later, I became more disabled but making a long story much shorter, I took two grandchildren to raise when the first one was less than 24 hours old, and then her little sister who was 5 weeks old two years later. Again, I needed to supplement my income to raise the girls after my husband died (different husband--good guy) passed away when the girls were 7 and 5 years old. Raising babies and small kids when I was disabled was really quite a chore. I had to find ways to make ends meet better and that's when I started doing the bead and buckskin work as well as art. I was working on that stuff and going as a vendor to powwows but kids and prices grow, of course, so pretty soon I needed to have some other thing to bring in that extra here and there, so I started reading cards, too.

Along the way, I drank like a fool because I didn't know what I know now. I called myself a sissy drunk, though, because I never got a DUI or spent a night in jail or anything like everyone else seemed to. However, in time I had DTs in a nasty basement that was a place where other alcoholics relieved themselves. I finally got sober. I've been sober for 41 years now.

On 9/23/2026 at 2:45 AM, Grizabella said:

I moved into an actual mobile

It's so good that you are settled now, Grizabella! bubble_bok

  • Author

I'm still in the park in the mountains but there are a few regular very old mobile homes mixed in. The one I have now probably got dragged in with a wagon train to Oregon but I love it anyway. It started out as around 50 or 60 feet by 14 feet before the porches and things were added on. And this spot is much quieter plus there's only forest in front so that it doesn't look or sound like there are people so close around us. It sort of seems like being the only one in the woods in looking out the front. There are three lilac trees and patches of both wild strawberries and domesticated ones and a nice yard with grass and azaleas and rhododendrons. I'm using a borrowed Chromebook so I don't know how to post pictures yet but if I learn I'll post a picture.d

Edited by Grizabella

  • Author

For anyone wondering----when I said I raised grandkids and "drank like a fool" I didn't mean at the same time. None of my grandkids or great-grandkids ever knew me when I smoked and drank.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.