Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 59 : August 25 - August 31

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1.  VGimlet - Marigold Tarot

2. Rose Lalonde - Thoth

3. Bookworm - Tabula Mundi

4. EmpyreanKnight - Sol Invictus: The God Tarot

5. Bodhiseed - Restored Order Tarot with the Oracle of Kabbalah

6. AJ-ish - Tarot of the Spirit

(369)

This week I finally got enough time to actually use my deck more than twice - yay for that! 

So this week it'll be

VGimlet - Marigold Tarot

Hip Chick was kind of cute, and I liked the card stock okay.    I didn't hate it or love it, which I guess is good. 

EmpyreanKnight

I was quite surprised myself, VG. Everyone must be busy going on vacations, soaking the rays and enjoying whatever remains of the summer. Maybe it'll pick up when autumn comes. :)

Rose Lalonde

I'm enjoying the second week back with the Thoth, which had been my main reading deck. When Tabula Mundi in color came out two years ago, it was love at first sight (still is), and ever since then, I've been reaching for TM most of the time. As you probably already know, it sticks very close to the Thoth.

Now I'm in a Thoth reading exchange learning thread with another member, so I've had the Thoth itself and Book of Thoth back in hand. It feels kind of full circle.

(The Golden Dawn Temple Tarot is on the way, so I foresee it in my Deck of the Week future. :D  It's got the Andromeda and Perseus Lovers card that neither Crowley or Waite kept, but that I quite like. GD Temple deck puts its own stamp on GD by using modern color theory to 'update' the color scales to cyan, magenta and yellow as the primaries, much like the CMYK colors I work with in photoshop.)

Ack, sometimes life moves at warp speed and I miss all the small things that make my days meaningful!

I'm using the Restored Order Tarot with the Oracle of Kabbalah.

AJ is on a long road trip with limited access to the internet, but she's using Tarot of the Spirit.

What with work and some family matters, I haven't really had time for Tarot this week, except for taking a look now and then at my cards from the Lunar Group reading. The upside is that I think I pick a little more up each time I take a look.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

yes we are on the road for 6-8 weeks and hope to catch up with Bodhiseed at one point.

I only brought decks I have scanned and most are thothy, I scanned them for my private blog in which I study and think thoth

So Tarot of the Spirit, started Monday as can't keep track of the days.

Had a hair salon adventure yesterday, I've got to learn to think things through  :P

I like the looks of that lunar exchange, I think I'll do that when I get home. I've dabbled in things lunar over the years. Even to lunar healing properties when I had breast cancer. Did you know you can make moon water? I put fresh water in a 1/2 gallon jar, left it in the moon light overnight. and sipped it through each month. There was some exposure involved too but I won't share that much info :) But I'm well! 6 years  out.

No, it's all good, and that's why we are the no rules group - people popping in and out is okay here.    ;)

I know, I've been  busy too.  Work has been crazy, my library is getting ready to close for a week (and not for the reason we were closed at the Bellevue Library on Tuesday, which was bedbug infestation  ew!!!!    luckily it was localized.)  We are getting a big remodel, and then reopening with only partial access to the building.  It is going to be insane

Luckily our family stuff has settled down.     

OMW, the neighbor is singing opera really loudly.  I can hear him all over the block. 

Have fun AJ!  I love road trips.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.