Skip to content

talkin' 'bout my meditation

Featured Replies

(the reference is to

)

 

Is anyone interested in a discussion about meditation/meditating?

 

(Grandma raises her hand!)

  • Author

Alternately, we could talk about our medication but that would be a different thread.

 

(Grandma raises her hand!)

X-D

So, what do YOU want to talk about, Grandma?

Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique, such as focusing their mind on a particular object,

thought or activity, to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.

-Wikipedia-

 

So yeah, one sits or stands and focus on something.

I focus on certain states of mind in a more or less systematic fashion.

What do you focus on?

  • Author

X-D

So, what do YOU want to talk about, Grandma?

 

I guess meditation is more in line with the ethos of the Forum!

  • Author

Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique, such as focusing their mind on a particular object,

thought or activity, to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.

-Wikipedia-

 

So yeah, one sits or stands and focus on something.

I focus on certain states of mind in a more or less systematic fashion.

What do you focus on?

 

Hi Arch - a simple and profound question indeed.  I do four variations of mindfulness meditation.  I focus on my breath using mala beads, I focus on my body with yoga stretches, I focus on returning to/being in to the moment sometimes seemingly hundreds of times a day, and I do what my teacher once called "folding laundry meditation" - focusing on the whole experience of whatever activity I'm engaged in.

 

How about you - what states of mind? What sort of more or less systematic fashion?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.