Wheel of Change Tarot

RavenOfSummer

If I were to have to narrow down my decks to about a dozen, the Wheel of Change would be in that final cut. The artwork is wonderful and allows for room beyond narrow readings. It comes with a hefty book that I've generally used more as a doorstop than a companion book. Have you ever asked someone a simple question and then 30 minutes later the person is still talking (and you're still not clear about the answer and maybe can't even remember the question)? ??? That's what the companion book is about. It's not entirely useless, as I do sometimes dip into it to see an explanation of the artwork. But the deck itself is wonderful! ;D

I also reserve a special place in my heart for this deck :)

and yes, i read the book cover to cover and it made sense at the time. Now thatis about 10 years or so ago and a lot of  the book wisdom - fell out of my head into the bin of .....??!

If you guys want to debate this deck, count me in!

RavenOfSummer

If I were to have to narrow down my decks to about a dozen, the Wheel of Change would be in that final cut. The artwork is wonderful and allows for room beyond narrow readings. It comes with a hefty book that I've generally used more as a doorstop than a companion book. Have you ever asked someone a simple question and then 30 minutes later the person is still talking (and you're still not clear about the answer and maybe can't even remember the question)? ??? That's what the companion book is about. It's not entirely useless, as I do sometimes dip into it to see an explanation of the artwork. But the deck itself is wonderful! ;D

I also reserve a special place in my heart for this deck :)

and yes, i read the book cover to cover and it made sense at the time. Now thatis about 10 years or so ago and a lot of  the book wisdom - fell out of my head into the bin of .....??!

If you guys want to debate this deck, count me in!

Thank you both and sorry for not responding sooner, I somehow missed these new posts! Well these are some strong recommendations! :) It looks like with the current edition of the deck there is an ebook option for the companion book. Although I'm terrible with reading long texts on a screen, I usually much prefer to have a physical book...or in this case a doorstop lol  :D

I like the way some of the minors I've seen seem to take you into the picture...in a similar way to the Arthurian Tarot minors perhaps. And I think the art is just stunning. This would be a different kind of addition to my collection, which is mostly RWS based, so would definitely take some time for me to learn but I feel very drawn to it. Added it to my wish list, whenever I get it I hope I can discuss with you more! And knowing how much you both love this deck has definitely made me want it even more!