The Trippin' Waite Tarot!

Tanga

I actually kind of love this??? The sun in the Sun card is awful, but this is the first time I've seen a 'traditional' deck that interests me XD It's definitely the rainbows!

Hello, thank you for opening this thread!

I just backed the campaign after thinking about it for several days (just to be sure it wasn't a short-lived fad for me!). It reminds me of playing cards we had when I was a kid (see pic attached) from a socks (clothing) company called STEMM and illustrations from Heinz Edelman.

I have a thing for ultra vivid colours but I'd understand if it repels some people. I was born in the 70s and nostalgia kicked in I suppose 8) It's the perfect deck for gender and diversity too, something that I find is not always happily achieved in most of the decks I've come across (feels a bit contrived).

Some cards are amazing (e.g. The Devil, Strength, oh that 9 of CUPS, genius!  <3) others that I don't quite get or don't like as much as the others (the Tower, the Emperor, 4 of Swords, Ace of Pentacles). There are 10 add. cards, and the Tower is waaaay better in this set.

I appreciate the fact that all cards were available to see before making my mind up. And thumbs up for maintaining the campaign even if the goal is not reached!

13965149536_ff9383e9e9_z.jpg.6701fb3b6d621daae9588af0594cf193.jpg

001.jpg.117f1cfe0ce1a61bd117abbeda9c0d4c.jpg

Aaah, late to the party for this one.  :-\. I’m told they will be doing a print on demand at some point. I've emailed about it, but no reply yet......

Mab[/member]

I got an update a couple of days ago. They're in the process of getting samples which means there'll be still quite some time to wait (estimate date is December but I wouldn't trust that). I guess they'll start offering the POD once the printing production details are finalized...

cellinidiamonds

I am the creator of the cards. The deck is being printed by Leo Wong. We paid for the order and now we're waiting for an update. The card stock has been upgraded to 350 gsm and includes a tuck box.  For people interested in updates and our progress please subscribe to our newsletter available at our tarotcollectibles site.

cellinidiamonds

Thanks G. The good news is the decks are here. We are now only waiting for the extra cards which should arrive hopefully in a week. For anyone who's missed the campaign the deck is for sale on our site tarotcollectibles now!

I kinda liked the images I saw of this deck, and I followed cellinidiamonds' clue to their website. And then, to my horror, I saw all the Chinese Propaganda decks. Apparently I'm alone in this (I was, back at Aeclectic), but I find those in extremely bad taste. So I say, thank you, but no, thank you.

It will be interesting to see their next creation: The Hitler Youth Tarot, maybe?

FLiz, can we talk ? The Chinese Propaganda Art deck shows BOTH sides of it all, and is NOT preaching that it was all a good thing, it really isn't. I own it, and wrote a review for AT. Most of those on AT who blasted it cited a very few cards; one in particular hadn't seen ANY of the cards, just objected on principle based on posts in the thread, as far as I could tell.

I get very fed up with people who "review" decks they haven't seen. I didn't even blast Doreen Virtue's decks till I had bought them and had a proper look. NOW I have that right !

The Trippin' Waite is GREAT fun, anyway. Though the backs make me feel rather ill. Not because they are ugly - because they get into my eyes, kinda !

MysticMoonlight

This deck really caught my eye...literally! It's certainly trippy! :)

I went to see if I could purchase this deck but the website is down? Anyone have info as to where it can be purchased?

Perhaps it's sold out and I'll have to wait until next run?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.tarotcollectibles.com/store/c1/Store

As far as I know they still have some. Though I must say it isn't listed.

Does this link work for people who aren't on the email list ?

https://www.tarotcollectibles.com/store/p160/The_Trippin%27_Waite_Tarot_%28OFFER_ENDS_30TH_MARCH%29.html

FLiz, can we talk ? The Chinese Propaganda Art deck shows BOTH sides of it all, and is NOT preaching that it was all a good thing, it really isn't. I own it, and wrote a review for AT. Most of those on AT who blasted it cited a very few cards; one in particular hadn't seen ANY of the cards, just objected on principle based on posts in the thread, as far as I could tell.

I get very fed up with people who "review" decks they haven't seen. I didn't even blast Doreen Virtue's decks till I had bought them and had a proper look. NOW I have that right !

The Trippin' Waite is GREAT fun, anyway. Though the backs make me feel rather ill. Not because they are ugly - because they get into my eyes, kinda !

Gregs, I remember that a lot of the cards were on display, and at that point the deck was called Cultural Revolution Tarot. Everything they posted about it was glib and dismissive and completely oblivious of the reality behind the art they were appropriating. Maybe things were changed in the end, and in that case good for them. I'm still not amused. I do respect your take on it, as well as their right to publish whatever they want.

There was a similar deck to the Tripping on Etsy, called the Waite on Acid Tarot. It was even more interesting, visually, in a sort of post impressionist psychedelic way, but I waited too long and now they seem to have disappeared, store and all. The now vanished store was called Tarottica. You can still see images on Google.

Yes - I saw that deck - but the postage was just too extreme, with the customs etc on top.

And yes the deck changed name but the cards that were displayed were those that the detractors wanted to use for their case. And the detractors were so offensive that - well, had I not had the LONG experience I had had with AT and learned how NOT to get modded,  I would have lost my rag as well.

But this one is "harmless" - why not go for it ?