Tarot Lenormand.

Libra 58

I haven't had that one, but it is classic Lo Scarabeo in that there are always cards in their decks that deviate from the standard for no apparent reason at all.

It is why I didn't like them when I began

Why I loved them after I got to the place where I wanted to be challenged. :)

And why I haven't bought their decks in many years.

And why I could spend all day working with that wheel card

How is it actually being propelled?

Are there animals being crushed in this exercise?

Why is she blindfolded? Do people really believe in rolling along saying fate is in charge?

For rolling downslope there isn't much cloak flapping, is she dreaming or making up her course?

I don't own this deck but I don't think I would get on well with it at all. I see both systems as so different! When I look for a tarot deck I like a complicated picture, a story in the art for my intuition. When I look for lenormand I look for simple symbols in the cards. I have done readings with both systems combined and they gave great results! But that is combining two different systems with two decks. I am not sure combining them in one deck could work for me, they both have really different systems and functions when reading.

I haven't had that one, but it is classic Lo Scarabeo in that there are always cards in their decks that deviate from the standard for no apparent reason at all.

It is why I didn't like them when I began

Why I loved them after I got to the place where I wanted to be challenged. :)

And why I haven't bought their decks in many years.

And why I could spend all day working with that wheel card

How is it actually being propelled?

Are there animals being crushed in this exercise?

Why is she blindfolded? Do people really believe in rolling along saying fate is in charge?

For rolling downslope there isn't much cloak flapping, is she dreaming or making up her course?

I love that Wheel of Fortune card. There is so much to it.  I think I’d like this deck to have since I love both Tarot and Lenormand, but would probably not read much with it...

I have always thought if something works for you, do it.

I think it would be difficult for someone new to reading to start with this deck as one of their first. 

For me, personally, I see tarot and Lenormand as separate and treat it that way.

I see tarot, the images, reading it, as much different than Lenormand. 

FOR ME, tarot is about a deeper exploration (NOT that one can't use Lenormand that way, but Lenormand has a simplicity I love and is more straightforward in a say) and Lenormand is like quick advice from a friend. 

Tarot is much more nuanced for me. 

I had to forget tarot when I began reading Lenormand in order to get what I wanted and needed from both. 

I like knowing what people mean when they say tarot or when they say Lenormand, both for the cards and the reading.  I don't think Lenormand is just another deck to read just like tarot.

I have always thought if something works for you, do it.

I think it would be difficult for someone new to reading to start with this deck as one of their first. 

For me, personally, I see tarot and Lenormand as separate and treat it that way.

I see tarot, the images, reading it, as much different than Lenormand. 

FOR ME, tarot is about a deeper exploration (NOT that one can't use Lenormand that way, but Lenormand has a simplicity I love and is more straightforward in a say) and Lenormand is like quick advice from a friend. 

Tarot is much more nuanced for me. 

I had to forget tarot when I began reading Lenormand in order to get what I wanted and needed from both. 

I like knowing what people mean when they say tarot or when they say Lenormand, both for the cards and the reading.  I don't think Lenormand is just another deck to read just like tarot.

I agree with all of this. I have started to really like tarot (thank you, btw!) and originally had an easier time with learning Lenormand (though I still need help/work). But, they are very different to me. I think tarot is very intuitive and visual as a system. Lenormand is like a grammar. It comes out in sentences and I hear it instead of see it. I hope that makes sense. The spreads also are so different in how they are used, as you know because you had to teach me how to read tarot spreads as tarot spreads and not like a Lennie reader. :P

I hope I eventually get fluent at both. Right now I’m working hard on tarot. After that I will revisit the other systems I’m interested in.

Lovely description, Czenzi!

Yes, I get it.  It's like saying I want this instead of I want this certain thing because of this or maybe that.  Lenormand cuts to the chase for me. 

Tarot I ponder as I see it more as nuanced insight where Lenormand, FOR ME, is like A B C.

...that wheel card ....

....Why is she blindfolded?

Because Fortune is often was portrayed blindfolded.

Here are a couple of examples from medieval manuscripts.

045.jpg

064.jpg

----------------------

I like the deck in many ways.  There is something amusing ...But, the name of the deck confuses me - Lenormand  :-X

I like simplicity and naive classical drawings like the 19th century ...

And I like the classic uniqueness and nothing fabulous/magical/unreal/fake-occult:

-a fool is a fool.

-the hanged man is the hanged man.

-the magician - quack in the mantle))

and etc...

№14 Temperance is drawn with an elephant - earlier this virtue was depicted with an elephant - this is its symbol. I like such interesting nuances in this deck (and there are a lot of them).

and so on...

+ Strength - No. 11, Justice - No. 8. This is an important fact for those who adhere to the Tarot classics.

OK - this is an oracle (in substance) ... and it is in many ways "girlish", and it looks a bit cheap ... but ....

I like "energetically" all the Major Arcana and some number cards, for example, -- numeric cards of the suit of Swords ...Well done ("stories") !

It will be necessary to buy this deck, especially as it is inexpensive.

Thanks for a link !

I like the deck in many ways.  There is something amusing ...But, the name of the deck confuses me - Lenormand  :-X

It is confusing. I think it is really called that more in tribute to the woman and because the images look like they are from that period. I can see it has Kipper and Sibilla and Lenormand influences, but with the Major Arcana it feels like it would read “tarot” to me. I don’t have the deck, so I wonder about the card numbers...

I dunno, it’s a very pretty deck, but it feels like mixing metaphors for me. I’d struggle with this one in an actual reading I think.   

I like that the Emperor - this is Napoleon 1, and the Empress - Josephine))

The Moon and the Tower are great.

lenorman-imperator.jpg

tower.png

These "numeric" are cool. )

2-wands.png