Skip to content

Great arcana only decks

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

(Hoping I am not repeating a subject  :think:)

 

When I started using tarot - and it was a fight ;) - I was told to start with the great arcana. Funny enough, decks with only great arcana started to find their way to me only after I became really good at reading the whole deck.

 

What are your experiences with such decks, what are your favorites?

 

My newest one is my absolute favorite. I was lucky enough to get a Manga tarot, the Full Metal Alchemist deck. As I am a Manga nerd ;) this deck fits immediately to my idea of the fool's quest.

 

Greetings

 

Shade

hehe, manga/anime/asian majors only my fav!^^

I mostly use it as 1Card Oracle for *Major Question!^^

& now I have my own *vintage edt to practice!^^ lol

check it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st-qMPtIrzk

Ok so I just re-purchased this deck.

I just got this one not too long ago, but I've been enjoying The Alchemist Tarot by Londa Marks.

alchemistcards__75427.1497238885.jpg.ef2bb8de0c84d864542b8b10bcffc149.jpg

Must be the day for deck re-purchases - I've just unexpectedly bought another Vandenborre Bacchus!

 

But to stay on topic; there are so many great majors only decks out there that are stunningly beautiful and read well. Amongst my favourites are Pen's 'Wild Green Chagallian', 'Spiritual Tarot' from Japan and 'The Way of the Fool' by Beatriz Inglessis.

 

The one I am really sorry to have missed out on (twice) is the lovely 'Pen Tarot' but at least I have the book as consolation.

 

I havent seen the Alchemist Tarot before so must look that one up.

Because she knew I love my Tarot of the Origins, Debra from AT gifted me with the LoS art edition of the majors. Using it makes the hair on my neck rise up it is so powerful. I only use it for myself.

 

Other than that I found using majors only kind of zzzzz inducing, I like all the squabble of the minors added to the cacophony.

I don’t have many that are Majors only but one I have and love is the Phantomwise. Adam McLean had some amazing Majors only decks on his site and I often wish I’d bought a couple of others I loved.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.