Skip to content

The Druidcraft Tarot (2019)

Featured Replies

St. Martin's Essentials just released a revised edition of The Druidcraft Tarot this week. Does anyone know how the deck or book differs from the 2005 edition?

 

Thank you!

A11Diko5xML.jpg.e51fd3088ff00c52e0af0e0b9eafa746.jpg

I wonder if it is just a reprint.

I can't imagine replacing the set I have, well worn and loved, but I'd be interested too.

The creators are all members of the Order of Bards, and perhaps new information has turned up about the lives of the druids themselves. It would have been interesting to have some of this information in the book (mine is 2004 edition) There is much misinformation out there, folk believing Stonehenge was built by the druids for instance. That henge predated the short time of druid activity by many centuries.

I heard someone say that the box and the cardstock would be slightly different. But don’t quote me on it as I’m not sure if it came from a reliable source to begin with.

I'm sending an email to the Carr-Gomm's and asking.

I'm sending an email to the Carr-Gomm's and asking.

cool, thank you!

I'm sending an email to the Carr-Gomm's and asking.

 

Good initiative!

got an auto-responder, that is promising ;)

===================

Hello!

Thank you for contacting the OBOD office.

The office is staffed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and your email will be answered as soon as possible on one of these days!

Sending you every good wish,

Annie

Just saw this in the ‘For love of cards’ group on Facebook

E0F5F2F4-2792-4B98-9F36-4FB5B71F5F18.jpg.4270d5345599986200a538e0ffe5b8dd.jpg

I just got this. I'm a bit disappointed because the colors of the cards are muted and not at all as bright as in the first printing that I had (-and gave away for some strange reason.. :bugeyed:). The quality just isn't the same. The cards seem to be warping already, too. Also the book is not printed as well as I seem to remember the first edition was.

I just got this. I'm a bit disappointed because the colors of the cards ard muted and not at all as bright as in the first printing that I had (-and gave away for some strangd reason.. :bugeyed:). The quality just isn't the same. The cards seem to be warping already, too. Also the book is not printed as well as I seem to remember the first edition was.

 

That sucks  :-\

  • Author

Thank you for sharing your findings on this new edition. It's appreciated!

I just got this. I'm a bit disappointed because the colors of the cards are muted and not at all as bright as in the first printing that I had (-and gave away for some strange reason.. :bugeyed:). The quality just isn't the same. The cards seem to be warping already, too. Also the book is not printed as well as I seem to remember the first edition was.

That is a bum deal Hemera!  So sorry!

 

the word direct from druidry.org, John Matthew's site:

 

Many thanks for your message. The only change to the deck is actually the packaging – it now has a drawer box. 😊

 

All good wishes,

Maria

Well, I'm glad to hear that.

My new copy, however, is not the same good quality as the original printing was. Just sayin..

I think the cards have varied a lot over the years. Even within my deck there are variations...

 

the word direct from druidry.org, John Matthew's site:

 

Many thanks for your message. The only change to the deck is actually the packaging – it now has a drawer box. 😊

 

All good wishes,

Maria

 

Just have to say that Druidry.org is NOT the John Matthews site! It is the OBOD site :) John has been an honorary Bard in the past.

ah, you are correct. still, an official response.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.