Skip to content

I Was Baptized Today

Featured Replies

Hi all 🙂

 

Today it was saturday and sabbath, and I was baptized at the seventh day adventist church. I have converted from being a catholic.

 

I was dressed in white and it was a beautiful ceremony with full submerge under water. The pastor said "Die with Jesus" as I went under, and "rise with Jesus" as I came up.

 

Now I'm really excited to see what Jesus Christ has for me? 🙂

 

Not Dynamo

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Not Dynamo said:

I was dressed in white and it was a beautiful ceremony with full submerge under water. The pastor said "Die with Jesus" as I went under, and "rise with Jesus" as I came up.

That sounds like a lovely ceremony!  Do you feel refreshed in God's love?

5 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

That sounds like a lovely ceremony!  Do you feel refreshed in God's love?

Not really. I've been sleeping a lot last night, and I already had that drowning feeling. It wasn't good.

 

I thought it was just a harmless ritual, not something that would feel bad.

 

But of course - it could just be an coincident 🙂

 

Not Dynamo

I'm familiar with that ritual and have seen it several times.

Though I was never baptized myself.

 

You might want to talk with your pastor about this.

Last time I checked Tarot was not popular in Seventh Day Adventist circles.

You being a former Catholic will have to get used to a very different take on divinity.

 

looks like not dynamo has become a guest, by deactivating their account ? 

if you ever come back here to read responses,, 

 

being bapatized can be an holy thing if you allow it,,  it is a personification of the actually holy spirit which flows like water,, being represented in the water.. 

still being bapatized means you are in the clear,, there is still constantly working on one self that has to happen.  . 

the tarot for me being a Christian, traditiolist native ,, and new age person for lack of a better terms,, means that it is no problem to me,, but I don't belong to any church.. 

yet the creator will not toss you away if you don't belong to a church..

there is a big spiritual journey In front of you.. whatever happens let the stars guide you , and light. 

 

I think this thread was something of a trolling exercise.

Gregory is right. This member will not be back to read this. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.