Tarot Veritas?

Perenelle

Hi, anyone from AT? Wondering if anyone remembers this story. This was a stunningly gorgeous deck that had some serious drama and production broke down. Did it just disappear? I kept some pretty lo-res images because I loved it and wanted a copy. I remember people even had pre-orders. It's probably gone but I wonder if anyone knows how the story ended. I'll be around the forum more in the future I believe so be back!

And for the record - the drama was all very silly; it had been created for a bit of fun; when people begged they put out a few copies and then people whined about the card stock (which is indeed not great) but they'd never really intended to get out there and publish a deck.

Then they had issues with payments as they didn't have an automated paypal button, and people got all upset... And they finally said they were no longer in the card publishing business; they were going to stick to what they were proficient at.

It actually looks professional, much nicer than a lot of the stuff from the big publishers. 🤯 Too bad people soured them on doing more!

I don't think they could have. It was a collaborative, and a one-off, and the posts on AT were so nasty, some of the artists pulled their permission.

I have to say - while the art is very professional the cards are close to unusable When using the decks, I pull from another that I can safely shuffle....

AJ-ish/Sharyn

welcome home Perenelle, half the members here are probably AT refugees. 

Wasn't the cardstock closer to typing paper Gregory? And the whining about the bags was epic. 

There was also the issue that the reading cloths reeked of cigarette smoke because the person who made them is/was a smoker. I don't remember if the bags also reeked. (Or was that the Boltcutter Light and Dark decks?) My Magna Veritas is in a "box" while the Light and Dark decks had bags with them.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

There was also the issue that the reading cloths reeked of cigarette smoke because the person who made them is/was a smoker. I don't remember if the bags also reeked. (Or was that the Boltcutter Light and Dark decks?) My Magna Veritas is in a "box" while the Light and Dark decks had bags with them.

They did indeed reek. So did the bags. But you're right of course - Magna Veritas is in a box, with a Shakespeare quote on the inside.