FAV and/or MOST USED Pocket Deck...And Why?

GreatDane

This one is easy for me.  It's the Morgan Greer pocket in a tin (which I prefer to the larger size).

I have no other pocket tarot decks, NOT because  there aren't a lot of beauties out there,  there certainly are, but....

The Morgan Greer is more, literally, in your face images.  The images on the pocket are larger than on some regular tarot decks.  Easy to see for both reader and querent. 

While the Morgan Greer isn't my favorite overall tarot deck, I do like the bright colors, querents seem to like it, it is easy to carry around because it's small and in a tin.

So, anyone else have a fav (TAROT ONLY PLS) pocket deck or decks?  And why?    

Edited by GreatDane

Everyday Tarot is the only pocket deck I currently own...so that's why it's my most used.  Being first place out of one isn't exactly an achievement, but I do think it's a pretty good deck.  I appreciate its simplicity, in any case.  

The Marshmallow Marseille Tarot by Wandering Oracle.  It was a gift from my S.O., and it is simply beautiful 😄 Reads well for others, too!

MaraJadeSaurus

my Mystic Mondays deck is perfect for me. it's colorful, and simple.
I can't speak on it being easy to read, because im still a baby with tarot reading, but i think it's good for me. 

its holographic edges, and bright colors just got me. 
I'm open to new decks, though. the drawings/imagery don't really speak to me the way the Raider Waite deck does. 

5 hours ago, vulprix said:

The Marshmallow Marseille Tarot by Wandering Oracle.  It was a gift from my S.O., and it is simply beautiful 😄 Reads well for others, too!

I love this deck too! 

But my favorite small deck is the Mamanmiyuki Tarot de Marseille. It‘s really small, cards are a bit over 4x8 cm, but the images are clear, it sticks close to the TdM tradition, but has really nice friendly faces. And the backs are wonderful as well. I use it a lot especially for larger spreads. 

9E0FB64B-65A6-4ADB-B956-C97B1792ABA0.jpeg

I'm really, really pleased with the Everyday Tarot which I acquired a couple of weeks ago. It's very stripped-down but it has everything you need for a quick reading and it's shuffling very nicely now that it's 'broken in'. 

I have to note the Marshmallow Marseille as well, though - I couldn't possibly not 😄

OK, NOW I have to check out all the decks you mentioned I hadn't heard of!  Thanks for adding your favs and some pix!  ALWAYS great to see a deck I'm not familiar with.

Anyone have any other pocket/minis they carry around as one and onlys or favs?  

For me it is the Greenwood.

Aside from the regular sized decks, I have a small, pocket size and mini, that is very well traveled.

I did readings with it in a hotel in Nepal for example 🙂

Like Mi-Shell I have a mini Greenwood (two actually, as it's the deck I use most, I had two printed in case of accidents), I'd also count my trimmed Llewellyn (I wish they'd make a borderless version, it would be stunning!) and for an oracle my trimmed Zillich, which was pocket anyway but I trimmed the titles off the bottom, and left out a couple of cards I wasn't so keen on so it's an intuitive oracle now rather than a tarot.

It's interesting the decks we feel we must, like to carry with us.  I also share your desire about borderless, ilweran.  

I fibbed.  Actually, I forgot.  I have Tarot of Trees and that's pocket-sized.  I used to carry it in my bag but put it away when I finally decided I was never going to have the time to use it if I was out and about.