Hello everyone!

Crowlady

I recently bought a deck over Christmas break that I love (the Modern Witch tarot deck by Lisa Sterle) and ever since i have been getting the same message from the cards. I can open the deck/let it fall open naturally and I receive the same cards. I’ll shuffle a bunch or come back to them the next day and it’s the same cards. I joined this forum to maybe get some feedback and other interpretations on what you guys may think about the situation. I know it is directly related to a situation I have been trying to heal from, but it’s very interesting. I would really love guidance and the ability to connect with others who read tarot. Maybe even as I improve help others with their readings! 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

welcome to the forum! We love having new members!

I found this a common occurrence when I first began reading because some cards made more sense to me than others. As I became more accepting that the same card could have 100 different messages, and grew my knowledge of the entire deck it became a lot less worrisome. 

Would you be comfortable sharing say 3 of the cards, and your immediate take on them?

I ask (that might be better in Your Readings, but since it seems to be a casual event, it isn't really a reading) because we get keywords in our heads and that can give us brain freeze to what the cards might otherwise be saying to us. 

Another question is are the cards always appearing in the same order? What the queen might say to the page would be different than what the page might say to the queen for instance. 

You indicate this is random, I also when first learning found it was a problem with shuffling then dealing off the top of the deck 🙂 I learned the cards need to be cut and refolded or the same cards showed up all the time because the top and bottom cards moved so little. I went at that point and ever since to fanning and pulling at random. Face down I don't have a chance impression of particular cards. 

So see...make a post, create a conversation! 

LoveLightPeace

Hi and welcome to TT&M @Crowlady! Congrats on your new deck :78496: 

You can post a thread in Personal Tarot Readings to get help with a reading. There are rules that you need to follow when asking for help with readings and they can be found here and here, as well as the main rules for TT&M.

Since you have already started a thread asking for help with cards, once you meet the post requirement it can be moved to the proper section and unlocked so you can add your interpretations. In light of that, I have removed your last post discussing the reading / cards that you need help with since this thread is an intro thread. 

Again, welcome to the forum.