Everyday Enchantment Tarot

EmpyreanKnight

EmpyreanKnight

It seems that the long-awaited Everyday Enchantment Tarot by Poppy Palin is finally going to be released by Schiffer in March of 2018! I have very few completely "modern" decks, and I've had my eye on this one for quite some time. I'm just happy that it will be published at long last, and that it will be given the Schiffer treatment no less. :)

EmpyreanKnight

I find her art earthy, raw, and very genuine too, Flaxen. The Waking The Wild Spirit Tarot is OOP now tho, and a pristine copy would fetch a prohibitive price so I'm really thankful that this deck has seen the light of day at last. :)

I am looking forward to this deck.  Like you I have very few decks with modern contemporary imagery.  I love her use of color.  I have her Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot, and I have to admit I found the book a bit preachy, and though I love the imagery despite trying just did not connect with it as I would like to.  But it is a keeper regardless, so there is always time for that to change.  Here is hoping I can connect with this one.

Intriguing deck, and very beautiful colors. I saw the price point and was like, "ouch, I'll pass", but then I went to her website and saw this card and now want the deck if only because the Oriental cat here is a dead ringer for my cat (and familiar) Ouija!!!

C-Nine_of_Coins.jpg.500211b321485f70621f556ba5d0b8dc.jpg

The cards are absolutely gorgeous, and I think having a deck that talks in every day, down to earth terms is just fabulous. :) But yikes - over $50 in Australia for the pre-order and $80 regular price. Just a tad 'ouch' for me.

EmpyreanKnight

It's available for pre-order on Booktopia. https://www.booktopia.com.au/everyday-enchantment-tarot-poppy-palin/prod9780764354557.html Are her decks normally pricey?

Schiffer/Red Feather Tarot and Oracle sets are almost always priced above the market average, but their production value - from the lovely and sturdy box to their excellent companion books to the actual cards themselves - are usually so topnotch that they are very much worth it. I have the Mary-El, Sol Invictus: The God, Kabbalistic Visions, Tarot D: The Didactic, Promethean Oracle, etc and I love them all. Communing with them is an unmitigated pleasure, and I have no doubt the Everyday Enchantment will be the same too, at least for me.

Hello,

I have been very excited about this deck, from the few images I saw on the net.

The preorder is 35 euros and free shipping on amazon.fr, so that is normal massmarket tarot "deck and book set" here.... a little on the higher point of the price range, but not drasticaly so.

I wonder why it reaches such prices elsewhere in the world ?

I have been really looking forward to this deck, but I am very worried about Schiffer cardstock. I deeply dislike the cardstock Schiffer has used on many of their decks, rigid sticky beer coasters that clump together when shuffling and cut into my hands. To the point that I never use the Sidhe deck nor the Bonefire eventhough I really like the art and interpretations for these two. Same for MaryEl, and same for Gorgon's (this last one I like it so much that I still use it from time to time, but each time I curse the size, stickiness and rough feel of the cards). IMO it's a cardstock made for propping the cards as art on a shelf, not for shuffling and using in readings.

So I was kind of hoping that the Everyday Enchantment deck would come in a different cardstock.... otherwise I know that is going to put me off, and that's a shame because I have really been excitedly waiting for this deck for a long time.

Time will tell.....

EmpyreanKnight

I have been really looking forward to this deck, but I am very worried about Schiffer cardstock. I deeply dislike the cardstock Schiffer has used on many of their decks, rigid sticky beer coasters that clump together when shuffling and cut into my hands. To the point that I never use the Sidhe deck nor the Bonefire eventhough I really like the art and interpretations for these two. Same for MaryEl, and same for Gorgon's (this last one I like it so much that I still use it from time to time, but each time I curse the size, stickiness and rough feel of the cards). IMO it's a cardstock made for propping the cards as art on a shelf, not for shuffling and using in readings.

So I was kind of hoping that the Everyday Enchantment deck would come in a different cardstock.... otherwise I know that is going to put me off, and that's a shame because I have really been excitedly waiting for this deck for a long time.

Time will tell.....

Ah, that's strange. Of the four decks you mentioned, I only have the Mary El, but I love the cardstock! I prefer my cards big (I actually have a harder time with pocket edition decks because my hands are large and they can sometimes be uncomfy to use), the high gloss fits the art, tho yeah they can get sticky at first. I remember reading divided reviews on the cardstock, with some loving it and some hating it so I guess it boils down to personal preferences.

But I have to say this: the Schiffer decks that I own have varying cardstock. The Sol Invictus is neither glossy nor sticky at all and I worked intensively with it last month. The Tarot D tho: it is downright matte with a very smooth and pleasant texture to it. The Kabbalistic Visions is quite similar to the Mary-El. I guess we'd only really learn how the Enchanted turns out once it gets released.

Hmmm OK, it is only $40 right now in the Schiffer site, around the same price or even cheaper than many indie decks. What could have caused the deck to be so pricey for our Aussie friends?

IKR? Especially as our Aussie dollar is doing really well against the US dollar/

I wonder if I could order from the US using one of those shopping services that provides a US address and then ships it to you once they've received the order? I've never used one before so I'm not sure how to go about it. A bit of research for me, I suppose.

EmpyreanKnight

I'm planning to explore that option too, Starlight! Some of the local agents here allow you to combine products that you ship to a certain US address for up to 30 days to save on shipping charges, then they deliver it to you when you give them the signal. Those shipped via air freight are naturally more expensive since they are quick and they charge you by weight. Those shipped via actual ships take a lot longer and they're charged by their volume too so they're a lot cheaper.

You must also check if they send you photos of the actual items your sellers sent them, otherwise it will be a long hard road for you if you only notice the damages/mistakes once you get your hands on the physical items. Good luck trying to return or exchange them with a seller based abroad. Also make sure to check out the reputation of your prospective agents. I mean, that's just par for the course.

I hope that helped! :)

EmpyreanKnight

And oh, how can I forget? Book Depository offers free shipping worldwide. Tho it takes quite a bit of time before their products reach our shores, they enjoy a good reputation here. I haven't ordered anything from them, but some of my friends have and they can vouch for them. I don't know how they are like in Australia tho, so don't forget to perform your due diligence.

You can preorder the Everyday Enchantment in BD HERE. Right now it's just around US$ 37.

And oh, how can I forget? Book Depository offers free shipping worldwide. Tho it takes quite a bit of time before their products reach our shores, they enjoy a good reputation here. I haven't ordered anything from them, but some of my friends have and they can vouch for them. I don't know how they are like in Australia tho, so don't forget to perform your due diligence.

You can preorder the Everyday Enchantment in BD HERE. Right now it's just around US$ 37.

Which should be 46 AUD and BD are charging this:

Evday_Enchantmnt.jpg.c10b7d2ca89b6b01268abacef3b64615.jpg

EmpyreanKnight

Ok that's just weird. Have you tried comparing the price of this deck versus the other decks offered in BD? BD also offers the After Tarot Kit at almost the same price. Check it out HERE. Do they also charge 63 Australian Dollars for it?

Maybe they charge an astronomical amount for pre-orders? And the price will come down later?

I just checked the FAQ. They charge the pre-order price straight away.

AHA! I've found it here on MightyApe - https://www.mightyape.com.au/product/the-everyday-enchantment-tarot/27514913

And if the price changes between now and its release date, customers pay the lower of the two prices. Woo Hoo! This is much more reasonable!! :D

There's a $6 delivery charge, but still. It's a better deal. Just sharing this for any fellow Aussies who might be interested in this lovely deck. :)

Well, I've taken the plunge and pre-ordered it. I'm looking forward to reading the guidebook that comes with it to see how she interprets the cards. :)

Oh my goddess! i am soooooooooooooooo excited! i just got an email from Amazon giving me an update with an ETA!!!! They expect to ship it on March 28th!!!!! After all these years it is finally going to be in my [our] happy hands!  There is light at the end of this long tunnel of waiting!!!

Oh my goddess! i am soooooooooooooooo excited! i just got an email from Amazon giving me an update with an ETA!!!! They expect to ship it on March 28th!!!!! After all these years it is finally going to be in my [our] happy hands!  There is light at the end of this long tunnel of waiting!!!

Ohhh my! Another beautiful discovery and I can pre-order on Amazon! I have no modern decks and this one is really interesting. Someone mentioned another modern deck and I just can't remember the name. It was also one of these decks with every day images.