Tarot Deck Recommendations

Lemoncake77

Lemoncake77

Hi! I'm new here and desperately searching for a Tarot, Oracle, or Lenormand Deck based on Shipwrecks. The only one I've been able to find is the Titanic Tarot, but I would love to find one with shipwrecks from all over the world instead of focusing on just one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you so much! :)

Lemoncake77

Hi! I know I posted the original question pretty late, so I thought I should re-ask it. I'm very interested in finding a deck based on shipwrecks from around the world, does anyone have any suggestions?

fire cat pickles

I'm not sure any such deck exists. But if you're looking for a deck with lots of boats you can check out Tarocco del Mundo Nuovo (by Amerigo Folchi). The Spiral Tarot has a few cards depicting boat disasters, as far as I know. That's all I know of.

Edited by fire cat pickles

I don't know any either - and lord knows I have a lot of decks to check. In all my years I have never seen such a thing. I'm not too sure it would actually work as tarot rather than an art project, actually.

AJ-ish/Sharyn

It is a pretty narrow playing field. A wreck is a wreck, hard to make that into a 9 of coins day contentment, or 6 of Wands triumph.

That said, you can do tarot with playing cards and they have lots of theme decks, might enquire on a playing card forum?

these aren't wrecks as such but here is a sample of playing card backs on etsy.

etsy playing cards.jpg

Lemoncake77

Ooo those playing card backs are beautiful!! Are they from a particular set on Etsy? I might but them all and turn them into an oracle deck for myself or something! Thank you so much!

AJ-ish/Sharyn

yes they were on etsy, I found them in an image search for shipwreck cards

the nice thing about playing cards is they are pretty much a standard size so various decks would play well together. 

Yes, those backs would each have a lot to say as an oracle

Lemoncake77

Thank you so much!! and I do like mermaids, I will definitely check those out too! I went for the shipwreck idea first since I live in an area with a lot of them and each has such a fascinating story that I thought the subject would make a great deck!

DanielJUK

how lovely to live near the sea where you can see them all and you have totally persuaded me now @Lemoncake77 there needs to be a shipwreck deck! There is a gap in the market! 🙂

About Mermaids, the most famous decks are....

Tarot of Mermaids by Mauro De Luca and Pietro Alligo, published by Lo Scarabeo. this has quite beautiful artwork and might have some sea / ships imagery that you want. I can't say it has actual wrecks though. Page all about it here

Mermaid Tarot by Leeza Robertson and  Julie Dillon, published by Llewellyn

Oracle of the Mermaids by Lucy Cavendish, published by Llewellyn

just some ideas for you to look at 🙂

Lemoncake77

Yay!! a convert!!! I'd love to see one in the style of the Tyldwick Tarot!! It'd be so beautiful!! 🙂 and Thanks for the Mermaid recommendations!! I will look into all of them!! I also keep wishing that Seanan Mcguire or someone else would publish a deck based on her Ghost Roads series!! 🙂