Liminal/New Liminal Tarot - Anima Mundi (World)

Bodhiseed

image.png.71c4cb8593f2ed7b8e48c3c45bc9fd79.png

20 – Anima Mundi (World)

A mythical beast, with a body made up of various animals, floats in a vesica piscis above the world.

The Fool (Wise Child) blinks and finds himself floating in the darkness of space with a view of the world and a strange beast in a doorway above it. “What are you?” he asks. The beast tells him it is the Anima Mundi, the Soul of the World. “What you see is what your mind imagines. I am actually a formless, boundless energy that permeates all of nature – even you. My essence runs through all like a luminous cord through an infinite number of beads.  I am the life force that animates and informs. My power can be found in the absolute love which has been woven into the fabric of all creation. This unconditional form of love is experienced as tenderness, deep connection and joy as well as courage. You can tap into it when your choices aren’t selfish or self-centered. You are here because you have completed this phase of your journey and are ready to pass through the doorway.” Peeking inside, the Fool (Wise Child) comments that it looks a lot like where he started from. The Anima Mundi replies, “While the mundane world moves in cycles or circles, the spiritual world moves in a spiral. When you have completed one phase, you will comprehend your next experiences from a higher, wider perspective. You will no longer perceive the world as you once did.” With a nod of his head, the Fool (Wise Child) passes through the doorway.

“We have raised humanity into a separate category from the earth instead of seeing that we carry within ourselves the essence of earth.” —John Philip Newell