Skip to content

Blooming cat tarot deck

Featured Replies

Saw this on Facebook last week......I keep looking back at it. I have been wanting a cat deck. Anyone got this one? Thoughts? Any better cats decks?

 

 

spacer.png

 

Blooming Cat is an incredibly adorable deck, and one thing I really like about it is how close it keeps to RWS imagery. This makes it super easy to work with and IMO not just a 'cute tarot deck featuring cats' like so many others, where the card imagery fails to speak outside of its service to  the theme. 

 

I think my Yin Cat Deck is still my favorite--again, because it keeps to RWS rather closely. Tarot of the Cat People is also quite good, though I think because my dearly departed kitty was a black kitty I'm inclined to prefer any deck with mostly or all black cats. 🙂

Oh yes to Tarot of the Cat People. I have MANY cat decks, but Yin Cat Deck has passed me by... Oh wait - yes, mailed from the US.

 

Pagan Cats is TOTALLY RWS.

The Medieval Cat Tarot is quite amusing, I have a very soft spot for it, and the French cat deck - Le Tarot du Chat by Claude Trapet & Carole Sédillot. Tarot of the Cat People was my first deck so will always be special.

8 hours ago, Niobium said:

Blooming Cat is an incredibly adorable deck, and one thing I really like about it is how close it keeps to RWS imagery. This makes it super easy to work with and IMO not just a 'cute tarot deck featuring cats' like so many others, where the card imagery fails to speak outside of its service to  the theme. 

 

 

Yes, I have this issue with the Cat's Eye Tarot. The cats are detailed and lovely, but the cards are too subtle for me to read. I am not comfortable outside the RWS zone.

 

8 hours ago, Niobium said:

I think my Yin Cat Deck is still my favorite--again, because it keeps to RWS rather closely. Tarot of the Cat People is also quite good, though I think because my dearly departed kitty was a black kitty I'm inclined to prefer any deck with mostly or all black cats. 🙂

 

Oh, I didn't even think about the Tarot of the Cat People. Maybe because for me the people are emphasized over the cats. But don't get me wrong - it's one of my first decks and I do adore it. 

@DesertRat Eeeexactly re: Cat's Eye. I have enough decks now that I'm rehoming decks which feel too much in service to the art. I don't mind if I can still use it as an oracle deck and all, but sometimes I can't even get that from them.

 

Cat People is definitely one where the cats aren't the main focus, though it is a nice deck, so I always suggest it in case someone is looking to keep humans in their cat deck. 🙂

 

There's also the Feline Rider deck, which was recently on KS and might now be available for general purchase. The cats are more anthropomorphic in that one, but it remains adorable and has a lovely Renaissance painting feel.

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Oh yes to Tarot of the Cat People. I have MANY cat decks, but Yin Cat Deck has passed me by... Oh wait - yes, mailed from the US.

 

One option is to buy from the Tevada site, which if you're not in the US ships from Thailand. Not sure this improves customs and such one iota, but on the off chance it does...

https://tevadatarot.com/policies/shipping-policy

I'll give it a shot when I get back - thanks. It is my impressing that UK customs don't understand oriental currencies and a good few things get past !!!

  • Author

Oh that yin cat deck is also adorable! I've had my eye on cat tarot too! It's a toughy. 

@gregory Sure thing! Always happy to help enable 😄

 

Tevada has two other very cute cat decks--the Stray Cat Tarot and the Cattitude Tarot, They're both RWS, the later with a cartoon style and the former is a more artistic, pencil and ink style. I like both of these a good deal but again, the Yin Cat Deck has my heart for now. (Into the Void is likely to settle in next to it; I love spare decks which still contain the RWS imagery.)

Tevada also have the adorable Spirit of Cats Oracle which I love.

Mercifully I don't do oracles !

Cruising around Etsy I accidentally came across this deck again and could no longer resist. However, I believe I will be re-homing my Tarot of the White Cats deck. This leaves a void in my cat deck collection that needs immediate filling. 😼

Edited by DesertRat
fixing erros

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.