Someone marked my new house "666" with a pentagram... should I be worried?

itsbmv111

itsbmv111
Hello everyone. I just purchased a home and i'm in the process of moving all my stuff over by the end of the month. I went to visit the home today and noticed I was missing the hose roller from the front porch and on the concrete floor there were chalk markings of "666" and a pentagram sign with lines leading to the grass and to my front door.
Very creepy to say the least and i'm quite concerned. I know the girl that used to live there mentioned her neighbors were really nice and she never had any issues with them - so i'm just curious as to why someone would do that.
I haven't installed cameras yet because they won't get here until tomorrow and I wish I would've had them earlier.
I'm thinking of filing a police report. Should I be concerned here? I'm so startled and my anxiety is flaring up because of this. I've always been a superstitious person and I feel this is always going to be in the back of my mind now and it bothers me. 

Aeon418

Personally I would not be concerned. Despite the sinister aura around the number 666 it merely represents the sun. The symbol of the pentagram is equally benign. Nothing to worry about.

However, kids that are into certain genres of music like to copy symbols off their music album covers because they believe they are "dark" and have a certain kind of "shock value." But such graffiti is not much different to a chalk smiley face. 🙂 

DanielJUK

Often people find pentagrams in their homes or like a chalk one in the basement / cellar, but they were drawn as symbols of protection or maybe a protection / blessing intention for the home.

In this case, with the 666 I think people are messing around with it. Like it's a practical joke. It seems too much intended to be a horror movie type scenario.

If you feel unsafe or worried about it, please do report it to the police. The way this has been done is far too much of a prank or joke for me, rather than something to worry about.

gregory

I wouldn't worry about it. It's likely a one-off silly kid. If you over-react they will probably make a habit of it.

Edited by gregory

Laura Borealis

Agreed that it's probably kids. They probably won't come back once you move in and it's not an empty house anymore. I wouldn't call the cops, personally (what are they going to do?). I'd probably take a pic to document it, just in case it reoccurs. And make sure the homeowner's insurance covers theft and vandalism. Then try to put it out of your mind and enjoy your new home.

Anesiadora

It definitely just sounds like stupid kids. It might not even have been a prank meant for you specifically, but just kids messing around in an unoccupied home doing stupid things. I would document just in case, but once you're moved in and the cameras are installed, you probably won't have anything to worry about. Make sure to change the locks on the doors as well.